Bellator 138 will now take place June 19 instead of June 20, but Kimbo Slice and Ken Shamrock remain on-target to finally square off.
Officials announced the change in date for the card, while also adding lightweights Michael Chandler and Derek Campos to the lineup.
While both have been away from active MMA competition for a while, Slice and Shamrock have each been part of some of the biggest T.V. bouts in the U.S. They also were previously set to square off in 2008 before an injury to Shamrock canceled the contest.
“Ken Shedrack, I owe you this ass whooping,” Slice said. “No more running! No more hiding!”
Slice was a competitor on The Ultimate Fighter, losing to eventual season champion Roy Nelson. Shamrock is a member of the UFC’s Hall of Fame.
“I am back,” Shamrock said. “It’s good to be performing again for my fans. I feel great, and my health is great. Age should never be a factor if an athlete is healthy, in great shape, and has the drive to continue their sport. I will quit fighting when I want to.”
Chandler is a former Bellator lightweight champion and earned All-America honors while wrestling for the University of Missouri. Campos is 6-1 in his last seven fights.