February is Black History Month, and as per a press release, the UFC is taking part with a nationwide roadshow with fighters doing “community and charitable events, media tours and other appearances”. The dates, places and fighters scheduled are:
- Monday, Feb. 24 in New York City, with UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson and TUF star Uriah Hall;
- Tuesday, Feb. 25 in Philadelphia, with Johnson and Hall;
- Wednesday, Feb. 26 in Washington, D.C., with Rashad Evans and Anthony Johnson;
- Thursday, Feb. 27 in Atlanta, with Evans and Anthony Johnson; and,
- Friday, Feb. 28 in Los Angeles, with Phil Davis and Tyron Woodley
Since this is the first of its kind, it’s unclear just what exactly is going to happen – maybe a meet and greet, maybe a press conference, maybe something else entirely. But whatever it is, it’s a pretty cool idea.
Expect some live coverage of the New York City leg of the tour.