World Series of Fighting delivered an action-packed event last night with WSOF 2 but, as often is the case, the carnage did not come without a cost to those involved. Thirteen of the evening’s participants received medical suspensions related to damage sustained in their bouts including headliners Anthony Johnson and Andrei Arlovski.
According to a NJSAC list provided to MixedMartialArts.com, Johnson will be out indefinitely after injuring his hand in a hard-fought outpointing of Arlovski and needs to have it cleared before returning to the ring. Likewise, Arlovski’s jaw was visibly a mess during the tilt and for good reason apparently, as he will have to get an oral surgeon’s approval before being cleared for competition.
Read below for a full rundown of medical suspensions:
- Tom Marcellino: Suspended indefinitely, pending CT head scan, neurology clearance, and orthopedic clearance of right foot
- Igor Gracie: Suspended indefinitely pending orthopedic clearance of right clavicle.
- Cameron Dollar: Suspended 30 days for knockout
- Alexandre Pimentel: Suspended indefinitely, pending CT head scan, 60 days for knockout
- Justin Gaethje: Suspended indefinitely, pending x-ray of right thumb
- Gesias Cavalcante: Suspended 60 days for laceration
- Aaron Simpson: Suspended indefinitely, pending CT head scan and facial bones; 60 days for knockout
- Josh Burkman: Suspended indefinitely pending x-ray of right wrist/hand
- Paulo Filho: Suspended indefinitely, pending CT head scan; 30 days for recovery
- Marlon Moraes: Suspended indefinitely, pending x-rays of right hand and right foot
- Tyson Nam: Suspended 30 days for knockout
- Andrei Arlovski: Suspended indefinitely pending oral surgeon clearance of jaw
- Anthony Johnson: Suspended indefinitely pending orthopedic clearance of right hand
PHOTO CREDIT – WSOF