The Florida State Department of Regulatory Affairs has released a published report of the official fighter’s salaries from this past Saturday’s “March Badness” pay-per-view, which emanated from Pensacola Florida.
The hybrid card featured boxing and MMA matches promoted by Roy Jones Jr’s Square Ring Promotions. According to MMA Junkie, Jones will reportedly two thirds of the net profits from the event.
Jones’ opponent Omar Sheika, whom he defeated via fifth round TKO in the night’s main event, received $50,000 for his troubles.
The MMA portion of the card featured former WWE superstar Bobbly Lashley earning a nondescript unanimous decision over journeyman Jason Guida.
Lashley, a former ECW heavyweight champion in his wrestling days, was paid $40,000 plus a portion of the pay-per-view sales while Guida earned $15,000.
Lashley was originally scheduled to take on UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock but the matchups was scrapped a week before the event due to Shamrock testing positive for three different steroids following a win in California earlier this month.
Jeff Monson, a former UFC heavyweight title challenger and a teammate of Lashley’s at American Top Team, took on former IFL heavyweight champion Roy Nelson in the main event of the MMA portion of the card. Monson earned a unanimous decision over a very game Nelson in an outcome that several pundits and fans have contested.
Monson received $15,000 to show and an additional $10,000 for the win, bringing his total to $25,000. Nelson was paid $30,000 for the loss.
No official gate or attendance numbers have been made available yet. The total fighter payout – not including Jones’ portion – was $217,000.
Here are the night’s totals:
MMA Payouts –
1) Bobby Lashley: $40,000 ($30,000 to show plus $10,000 to win)
2) Roy Nelson: $30,000 ($30,000 to show)
3) Jeff Monson: $25,000 ($15,000 to show plus $10,000 to win)
4) Jason Guida: $15,000 ($15,000 to show)
5) Din Thomas: $10,000 ($10,000 to show; no win bonus offered)
6) Dennis Hallman: $6,000 ($3,000 to show plus $3,000 to win)
7) Gabe Lemley: $5,500 ($5,500 to show)
8) Danny Ruiz: $2,000 ($2,000 to show)
9) James Freeman: $500 ($250 to show plus $250 to win)
10) John Mowry: $300 ($300 to show)
Boxing Payouts –
1) Omar Sheika: $50,000 ($50,000 to show)
2) B.J. Flores: $12,500 ($12,500 to show; no win bonus)
3) Jose Luis Herrera: $12,500 ($12,500 to show)
4) Robert DaLuz: $1,800 ($1,800 to show)
5) Kelvin Price: $1,500 ($1,500 to show; no win bonus)
6) Kevin Howard: $1,500 ($1,500 to show)
7) Kieyon Bussey: $1,200 ($1,200 to show; no win bonus)
8) Eric Clinton: $800 ($800 to show no win bonus)
9) Richmond Dalphone: $800 ($800 to show)