Check Out The Lineup, Start Times For UFC Fight Night 52

ufc fight night 52

The UFC heads to Japan for a late-Friday, early-Saturday morning Fight Pass-only streamed event.

UFC Fight Night 52 begins Saturday morning at 12:30 a.m. ET from the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. The main event boasts Roy Nelson against Mark Hunt in a scheduled five-round collision.

Nelson (20-9) has won seven of 12 Octagon fights overall, while Hunt (9-8-1) is 4-2-1 in his UFC career.

Other planned main card bouts include Myles Jury against Takanori Gomi, Amir Sadollah vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama, Miesha Tate vs. Rin Nakai, Kiichi Kunimoto vs. Richard Walsh and Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Jon Delos Reyes. The main card starts at 3:30 a.m. ET following six prelim fights that includes Alex Caceres-Masanori Kanehara and Katsunori Kikuno-Sam Sicilia.

Below is the complete fight card:

MAIN CARD (UFC Fight pass/3:30 a.m. ET)

Heavyweight: Roy Nelson vs. Mark Hunt

Lightweight: Myles Jury vs. Takanori Gomi

Welterweight: Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Amir Sadollah

Female Bantamweight: Miesha Tate vs. Rin Nakai

Welterweight: Richard Walsh vs. Kiichi Kunimoto

Flyweight: Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Jon Delos Reyes

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass/12:30 a.m. ET)

Bantamweight: Alex Caceres vs. Masenori Kanehara

Featherweight: Sam Sicilia vs. Katsunori Kikuno

Welterweight: Hyun Gyu Lim vs. Takenori Sato

Bantamweight: Michinori Tanaka vs. Kyung Ho Kang

Lightweight: Johnny Case vs. Kazuki Tokudome

Featherweight: Maximo Blanco vs. Dan Hooker

• hindsightufuk says:

can’t wait to see this event, love these japan cards

• AlphaOmega says:

Not sure it’ll happen, but I hope Tate gets stopped for her third in a row. Also hoping Hunt wins, along with Akiyama and Gomi

• Dufresne says:

Thank god they usually do an event replay on fight pass. I can’t stay up like that anymore.

• hindsightufuk says:

Alpha I agree with you on all those fights. In fact you get really good odds on gomi rin and akiyama to win.
    Dufresne I can barely stay awake for 3 hours at a time any time of the day anymore

• AlphaOmega says:

Did you all hear Hunt is sitting at 20 lbs over the mark before weigh-ins? Wonder if he will make weight. It’s apparently bad enough that Big Country told him that he needs to eat better.

I said it before, I’ll say it again, they need to have a seminar on cutting weight. If Hunt misses weight, this will be the 4th card in a row (counting Invicta) where someone missed weight on a UFC fight pass card

• AlphaOmega says:

At this point in time 10:30 pm cst, he has 3 hrs to clear weight (no update on if he’s close or not)

• hindsightufuk says:

Really hope Hunt hasn’t stopped taking this seriously again, kinda wonder if he knows he blew his title chances against JDS and is taking things a little lighter again. Last I saw he had about 18 pounds left to cut

• hindsightufuk says:

264 lbs

• AlphaOmega says:

That’s a big weight cut to do in less then a day, that can’t be too healthy doing over and over again

• hindsightufuk says:

yes it’s a bit worrying alright, also didn’t think Hunt would be that dedicated to cut that much weight to be honest

• fanoftna33 says:

Alpha Tate won her last fight so it will not be three in a row, she wins easily though so no matter. Hunt vs Nelson is a close one but I am going with Hunt, Akiyama should be able to beat Amir but both have been away for quite a while so it could get sloppy, and I always root for Gomi.

• hindsightufuk says:

I have a wee bet on Rin, Akiyama & Gomi getting the win, but i think Gomi is the weakest link out of the three. I like Rins chances against Tate, i dont think she’s there just to make up the numbers.
    Akiyama should be able to put Amir away if he can get to him, but Amir could easily do a Bisping and outpoint him. Gomi i love and i hope he gets the win, but I think Jury will lead him a dance and maybe get a late tko.
    I fancy Nelson to KO Hunt, but i’ll be rooting for Hunt for sure

really really looking forward to this top to bottom

• AlphaOmega says:

She’s fought since her second Ronda loss? That’s how much I care to follow her career.