UFC Fight Night: Jacare Vs. Mousasi Fight Coverage

ufc fight night 50

The UFC heads to Connecticut this evening for UFC Fight Night 50 from Ledyard and the Foxwoods Resort and Casino.

The entire card airs live on FOX Sports 1 beginning at 7 p.m. ET with prelims, followed by a four-bout main card. We’ll have complete coverage of all the action, including play-by-play, over at CagedInsider.com.

In the main event, Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza squares off with Gegard Mousasi in a five-round middleweight contest. Alistair Overeem and Ben Rothwell comprise the co-main event.

Make sure you head over to CagedInsider.com at 7 p.m. ET for all the action.

• Richard Stabone says:

We all knew Lauzon vs. Chiesa was going to be a great fight, but that even exceeded expectations… it just sucks the cut was too nasty to let the fight continue. At the same time, the stoppage made sense and Lauzon does it again. To steal KenFlo’s line, the dude finishes freakin fights. Rematches are way overplayed in the UFC, but this is one I’d actually like to see sooner than later.

What a great free card tonight. My picks the rest of the way…

I’ll buy the Black Beast hype. Tonight at least.

Reem handles Rothwell fairly easily

Mousasi is more skilled overall but I’m scared of it becoming a drag out ugly fight that Jacare wins via position control. I’ll still go with The Sauce.

• Richard Stabone says:

GD my picks are solid.

I think I’ve mentioned this on here before but Meathead is one of those fighters that no matter what outcome I predict for his fights, it’s wrong.

Reem… well, he’s done.

So that leaves me with The Sauce. Despite my complete inability to pick winners, I’ll stick with him for the simple fact he’s a better all around fighter than Jacare.

• AlphaOmega says:

So we’re not even putting up the results here anymore?

• Dufresne says:

I finally got to watch the fights last night, and what a card. I’m curious to see how their numbers are compared to Bellator’s since they were going head to head.

Jacare is a monster, he could very well take the belt in the near future. Dana seems to think he needs one more fight before getting a title shot, and I guess the only guy that makes any sense at this point is Machida. I’d like to see that fight.

• fanoftna33 says:

I would like to see him fight Machida as well, did you guys catch the Middleweight rankings??????
    The UFC still has Anderson Silva ranked #1?? How do you lose twice by KO and keep that ranking?
    And I liked the Louzan Chieasa fight but thought Chieasa would have won if not for that cut, he seemed to be doing well and did not look hurt at all.

• AlphaOmega says:

“How do you lose twice by KO and keep that ranking?”

Because it’s the UFC, their ranking is based upon who will make them the most money, not who’s most deserving.

• Screenplaya says:

In the UFC’s defense, an actual reason for Silva retaining his high ranking is due to the weirdness of his two losses. One was a KO due to stupidity and over-confidence, and the other was a leg break while kicking. If you feel Weidman clearly dominated Silva (as would generally be the case in a back-to-back KO scenario) then you probably don’t know much about the fight game.

• AlphaOmega says:

Weirdness or not it shouldn’t change the fact that he’s ranked higher then people who have actual recent wins as opposed to two straight losses.