Dan Henderson-Rashad Evans confirmed for UFC 161 but not as main event

Rashad Evans - UFC 145The UFC is in the process of putting together a star-studded lineup for a summer stop in Winnipeg, Manitoba and recently confirmed a number of clashes attached to the event including a recently rumored rumble between light heavyweights Dan Henderson and Rashad Evans. However, as it turns out, the bout between Henderson-Evans won’t serve as the evening’s top tilt.

No word was given on what sort of scrap will headline the affair other than to say an announcement was in the works. Of course, if Henderson-Evans doesn’t cut the mustard as a main event it stands to reason a title-fight will likely fill the slot.

Also made official for the June 15 lineup were fights featuring Soa Palelei-Stipe Miocic and Mauricio Rua-Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• AlphaOmega says:

It could be that there’s a title shot, or Dana is punishing Hendo and Rashad for their last performances

• AlphaOmega says:

Looks like the server timed out messages are coming back after commenting

I’m interested in the match up I just don’t know what you do with these guys after they win/lose??

• Brendhan Conlan says:

I think you keep them both for at least one more bout, especially if either is willing to go down to 185 pounds.

• MCM says:

Rashad is one of the biggest draws in MMA (PPV speaking) so even if he gets the dreaded third strike I think they’ll keep him around if he moves to MW.
    Hendo is only on a one fight losing streak after being getting his title shot canceled. I don’t think they’d cut him either, especially not with Wandy sticking at 205 and Lil Nog making a run at the top. There’s too much history there not to make some of those matches.

then again, it is Dana White.

• moosebaby02 says:

this card is looking sick.
    Hendo vs Evans
    Rua vs Little Nog
    Woodely vs Shieilds
    Demetrious Johnson vs John Moraga
    Thats what I have read their trying to put together so far

• THEGUNNER says:

Thats the kind of ppv that deserves my $.