Ronda Rousey labels Cris “Cyborg” as a fraud, sets sights on Sara McMann

Fans hoping Strikeforce bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey might back off her stance demanding former featherweight title-holder Cristiane Santos drop down to 135 pounds if hoping to fight her were left disappointed last night when “Rowdy Ronda” stopped by the set of MMA Uncensored to talk about the potential pairing. Rousey tried to explain her position as clearly as possible, essentially stating Santos’ options were to either make the move or retire based on the lack of 145-pound competitors in women’s MMA.

“I just don’t understand where her sense of entitlement is coming from. She hasn’t fought in like two years – and won a fight that’s really counted,” explained Rousey of the Brazilian’s refusal to shed the weight. “If this happened to a man – think about this – if this was the men’s division, and it was someone who hadn’t recorded a win in two years, then had their title stripped from them because they were caught cheating, would you expect them to come back from their suspension and be like, ‘I want the biggest title fight out there, the exact fight and all the considerations that I want. And if it’s not given to me, it’s because they’re running from me…’?”

“I don’t see where she thinks she deserves to get every single thing that she wants when she’s pretty much been exposed as a fraud,” Rousey concluded.

“Cyborg” is currently serving a year-long suspension for steroid use that expires in mid-December.

With Santos off the table for now, Rousey said her attention has turned to Strikeforce’s recent acquisition of Sara McMann. Also an Olympic medalist, McMann is 6-0 and has been linked to an eventual showdown with Rousey since the two first turned pro in 2011.

“Right now everything’s up in the air,” said Rousey of her next match-up before saying she’d be paying close attention to McMann’s debut against Liz Carmouche this November.

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE

• Lord Faust says:

I wish Rhonda would shut up about this fight. She clearly doesn’t want it and, IMO, knows she’d get smashed.

• fanoftna33 says:

she is not going to shut up about it because it is the biggest money fight out there for her and the mores she talks about it the more people are going to want to see it.

• fanoftna33 says:

But I agree with you she will most likely get koed by Chris.

• THEGUNNER says:

I agree if she tries to stand with cyborg she ll get dropped and id love to see it happen to see her little thugish attitude after a beating.

• Lord Faust says:

I’d be a little less harsh on Rhonda, but she’s yet to say anything to the effect of “I’d beat her”, she moves your eye off the ball and starts hiding behind accusations of lying about not being able to make 135, and ranting about steroids.

Cris has accomplished just as much as Rhonda has in the fledgling WMMA world, except maybe getting sized for a latex body suit.

• JBAR says:

I think Ronda needs another year working on her striking before getting in with Cyborg. She still will not be able to beat her standing but should be able to compete well enough to get in and get it to the ground.

• AlphaOmega says:

Did strikeforce strip her of the belt? I thought they didnt. Also the more she talks about it, the more it looks like Cyborg is the one ducking Rhonda by not coming down to 135

• Lord Faust says:

A suspended fighter can’t really duck anyone. Cyborg’s also under no obligation to cut additional weight to entertain the random call-outs.

“Come down and fight me!”

“Come up and fight me!”

Tomato / tamato, in my eyes. Besides, Rhonda’s called her out on missing weight before, so why risk the biggest WMMA fight on the possibility that Cyborg misses weight. (It’s just more plausible she would make 145 than 135, all things considered.)

• hindsightufuk says:

every time she talks i like her less. shame, i guess she appeals more to the masses the more she comes across as a cunt. Chael Sonnen is a deliberate cunt, Michael Bisping is a deliberate cunt, look how much money they make, look how many people know who they are. Rhonda Rousey is a mouthy, yet deliberate, cunt.

• Big Stank says:

She should easily be able to make weight without BEASTING OUT ON ROIDS!!!! AHHHHH IM SO ANGRY!!!! Sorry that was my roid rage.

By the way, the way she was describing the situation, I thought she was talking about Overeem.

• Lord Faust says:

Actually, I think Bisping is a Count. It’s been a while since I’ve watched Sesame Street, so I could be wrong.

• Angry Mike says:

Yeah, I remember seeing the Count quite a bit on Sesame Street. Sadly, I didn’t see any of the other.

• hindsightufuk says:

Faust you are wrong, i unfortunately remember Mr Bisping from the first time i met him almost 10 years in a beautiful place called the Circus Tavern, he won a short brutal fight and i can confirm, even then, he was a cunt. as a side note alos on that card that night were a couple of guys who would end up being somebodies years later, Francis Carmont & Christian M’Pumbu

• hindsightufuk says:

seriously though, i’d love to see Cyborg do a Gina Carano on Ronda’s pretty face

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Steroids are bad, m’kay.

• MCM says:

Am I the only one that doesn’t care about Rhonda outside the cage? I saw here on Uncensored last night and every guy on that show was drooling all over themselves in her presence, like they’ve never seen an above average looking girl before. I just don’t get the hype.

• Michael says:

Getting tired of Loud Mouth Lime. Had these armbar fights been in the Mens division of UFC they would hardly have been noticed. Nine weeks of self hype per fight, followed by 2 Mins. of armbar.
    How long will people stay interested;?
    Give be a good fight like Alexix Davis or Sarah Kaufman anytime.
    I can almost see the hammer fists dropped on that nasty mouth.

• Angry Mike says:

Winning is always interesting. And you can’t drop hammer fists with a broken elbow.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Don’t see the issue with Rousey calling out Cyborg. It was obvious to most that Cyborg was on the juice and she got popped to no ones surprise.

While she is suspended she started talking shit about Rousey who then called her out and offered her a title shot if she can make weight. Without all the chemical help I doubt Cyborg will be the she-beast she was and n Rousey she will have to fight someone her own size instead of coming in 15 pounds over limit and fighting some sacrificial lamb of an Asian fighter.

I don’t think Cyborg can beat Rousey cause she has never been in a real fight with someone who was not afraid of her.