Alistair Overeem avoids jail time in shoving incident

The life of Alistair Overeem changed dramatically this past New Year’s Eve Weekend, experiencing an emotional high on December 30 by beating Brock Lesnar only to have things come crashing down a few days later when he was charged with misdemeanor battery stemming from a late night incident involving a female’s face being shoved during a personal dispute.

Overeem was forced to face the music yesterday in a Las Vegas courtroom and, fortunately, avoided incarceration despite the risk of facing up to six months behind bars. However, the “Demolition Man” could still end up in jail if he does not complete fifty hours of community service and an anger management course by mid-September, as Overeem was handed a 90-day suspended sentence with the aforementioned requirements in place outlining a way to avoid serving it.

The news was not only undoubtedly a relief for Overeem but the UFC as well who have invested a lot of resources in promoting the polished Dutchman. Overeem is currently scheduled to face Junior dos Santos for the heavyweight strap in late May, a bout no longer in jeopardy thanks to yesterday’s ruling.

PHOTO CREDIT – K1/STRIKEFORCE

• Lord Faust says:

Sounds like it was cheaper to settle than fight it. If Overeem wanted to hurt that woman, we’d be using words like “alleged” and “murderer”.

• Dufresne says:

I would pay to see him in the anger management class. If it’s anything like the ones I’ve been to, he will be a good 100 lbs bigger than anyone else in the room. I bet that will be the quietest anger management class in history.

Still, stupid move pushing a chick when you’re a world famous fighter with the nickname “Demolition Man”. People are going to know who you are and they’re going to know you’ve got plenty of money to leech out of you for even the dumbest of reasons. Getting into a physical altercation like that is a really, really stupid move.

• Angry Mike says:

50 hours is a long time, especially if the woman wasn’t really hurt. That’s 600 five minute rounds. If I’ve done my arithmetic correctly, that’s 200 non title fights and 120 title fights. Think how much he ‘d earn from all those fights.

• Lord Faust says:

Dufresne – agreed, it’s the downfall of being the huge guy. People want to start shit all the time, and if you do anything then you’re a barbarian.

Then in a couple of minutes that bottle of Guiness is finished
    You are now allowed to officially slap bitches
    You have the right to remain violent and start wilin’……
    – EMINEM

• AlphaOmega says:

I have no respect for anyone who puts hands a woman, no matter the reason. Hope JDS destroys him and makes him quit MMA due to the ass beating.

• darth_irritable says:

Dufresne – say what now? How many Anger Management classes have you been in?

• Dufresne says:

Let’s just say I had a rough patch for close to a decade.

• MCM says:

Wow, anger management AND a dentist…..are you Steve Martin from Little Shop of Horrors?

• Dufresne says:

Lol, there are a lot of days I wish I had a plant that I could feed the shitty patients too.

• Lord Faust says:

I was picturing Isaac Yankhem DDS, sans shitty teeth.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

He shoved someone! Wow in my country thats how say hello. Only in America.

Where the fuck do you live