“Rampage” Jackson done with Spygate, focused on winning HIS title

Quinton Jackson is tired of talking about Jon Jones’ allegedly having a spy in his camp and ready to focus on the task at hand – getting his belt back.

“Rampage” recently offered his thoughts on the situation and made it clear he couldn’t care less what sort of shenanigans Jones may be pulling because it won’t stop his fist from running into the light heavyweight champion’s face.

“He can have a live feed on me. “Bones” can watch me brush my teeth in the morning and see what toothpaste I used, who I am training with and how hard I am working, and he can see which hand I wipe my ass with for all I care,” Jackson wrote through his Yahoo blog.

“I don’t want to talk about the whole ‘spy’ thing too much more. I am glad I found out, I’m glad I told people about it, and I think it’s not an honorable way to prepare for a fight, but if Jon Jones wants me to, I’ll have a camera installed here at the Muscle Pharm in Denver and he can watch me 24-7.”

Jackson also elaborated on why winning Jones’ gold is so important to him.

“The belt that I lost to Forrest Griffin, even though I should have got the decision after knocking his ass down in that fight? The belt Forrest lost to Rashad Evans? The one Rashad lost to Lyoto Machida? The one Machida lost when Mauricio “Shogun” Rua beat him? The one Jones took from the injured “Shogun” who couldn’t even train? That one? That belt,” Jackson asked rhetorically. “That belt is the unified PRIDE and UFC world title, and that belt exists because of me beating Chuck Liddell and Dan Henderson in two straight fights to win the UFC and then PRIDE titles.”

“That’s why I want my belt back so bad. It’s my belt,” the outspoken former champion concluded.

He will get his chance in less than a week when the UFC heads to Denver for UFC 135 and the headlining bout between the two talented 205ers.

• Angry Mike says:

If Rampage was trying to get in Bone’s head, it worked somewhat. Jones seemed genuinely annoyed by the accusation.

If Rampage wants “his” belt back, he might want to think about footwork and checking leg kicks. Otherwise he’ll be wearing Bone’s shinbone rather than the strap.

• Niv says:

Yeah I agree that Jones was genuinely annoyed with th eaccusation and even admitted that it got in his head.

Having said that I’m not sure if I’ve seen anything from Rampage in his past few fights that makes me believe that he’s going to beat Jones.

One never knows of course and if Rampage can get to Jones chin we’ll have some answers we’ve all been waiting for, how is Jones when he feels pressure or gets hurt?

Either wat this has a lot of potential to be a great fight.

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Rampage is in trouble and he better recognize

• THEGUNNER says:

Jones has to lose eventually but id like a healthy rua take him out.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

No one and I mean NO ONE is better at hyping a fight than Rampage Jackson. Very few if any humans outside of a pro wrestling ring love the sound of their voice more than Rampage.

That being said I think his mouth is writing a check his ass can’t cash. I think Bones wins via TKO before it reaches championship rounds. Rampage talked a HUGE game going into Evans fight and that was a snoozer of a fight. He comes in looking like he has recently and it’s gonna be a short night.

• Batman says:

Excluding A victory over Jon Jones from this analogy… According to the Welterweight rankings that I have been looking at, all a fighter has to do is beat Machida or Shogun to become ranked #1 or #2… But anyway… So I think Rampage can win this fight if his conditioning is good. Jackson showed some exhaustion in the Hamill fight, and should have been able to finish him even with his hurt hand. Although to his credit Rampage suffered no damage in the fight against Hamill. I think Rampage is only doing enough to win and he is playing it safe so he doesn’t get hurt. I hope rampage will bring that fire out of himself in the Jon Jones fight.

• Batman says:

Light Heavyweights**

• HevyHitters says:

Rampage might lose but he will not lose via k.o…gonna be a closer fight then you think..bones chin has never been tested either, and you no page will atleast land one solid blow…let’s see how bones reacts to it, if he runs threw page then ill have more respect for him

• HevyHitters says:

I’m going against a lot of people and picking rampage to win ..I think rampage will stun jones and finish him off, I agree with rampage when he said he will walk right threw the spinning punches and kicks..I can’t believe they have rampage as a +325 dog

agreed … rampage needs to get inside that barrage and just hit him with all he’s got.

• Angry Mike says:

If Rampage moves in he could do some damage and maybe win. But in his recent fights he stands flat footed on the outside waiting to land the big bomb. That’s the worst possible game plan against Bones. Give Bones room and space and he will pummel you badly.

• TerribleT says:

Rampage is gonna get crushed and Bonesy baby will make it look easy!

• TerribleT says:

What did I tell ya’? Bones Buddy would make it look EASY and that he did . . . .Rampage was never really in the fight. He didn’t land any significant strikes nor did he get Jones in any dominant positions.Simply put Rampage hasn’t evolved what so ever for years. Sorry Quentin your style is outta date . . . .