Injured Martin Kampmann scratched from UFC Live 4 lineup, replaced by Matt Brown

An undisclosed injury to welterweight Martin Kampmann has resulted in a ripple effect on the UFC’s upcoming show in Pittsburgh with Matt Brown, who had been scheduled to face Rich Attonito in preliminary action at the same event, agreeing to step up and face John Howard in the Dane’s place.

The organization announced the change to UFC Live 4 late Monday night through their website where it was also revealed Daniel Roberts will fill the vacancy Brown’s departure created opposite Attonito.

In addition to already being a guaranteed slugfest given their similarly fearless styles, Brown and Howard will be fighting for more than a paycheck when they clash on June 26 with both men coming off consecutive losses including a trio of defeats in the case of Brown. However, prior to their recent slides each had strung together a series of victories including five straight finishes combined.

The Skrap Pack’s Roberts was last seen coming out on the wrong end of a decision to Claude Patrick at UFC 129 but had won three straight entering the record-breaking event and holds an overall record of 12-2.

UFC Live 4 is headlined by Nate Marquardt mixing it up with Rick Story and features main card offerings like Pat Barry vs. Cheick Kongo and Tyson Griffin vs. Manny Gamburyan.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• stone says:

I wonder what Martin Kampmann was really trying to improve on just 2 or 3 weeks before the fight? He shouldve just worked on his cardio and hit the bags… Fighters need to find that “balance”… Too many injuries

• on one respect this sucks because we were going to see two very technical kickboxers go toe to toe..On the other, Im a huge fan of Matt Brown and want to see him get back on the winning track so I’ll live with this one in hopes this Immortal gets a sub out of this.

Did anybody else notice the advertisement that 5oz is for sale by owner ?!?

• boomnutz says:

I hate to say it, but poor Matt Brown, I have a feeling he’s going to sleep on this one.

• MCM says:

Agreed boomnutz. I like Brown too but he’s not getting out of the 2nd in this one.

I’m really bummed about Kampmann. He’s been robbed in his last two fights and I really wanted to see him get the W here. I still think he’s a top 5 WW and was only getting Howard to get back on track. Hopefully he heels quickly and can get back in the cage sooner rather than later.

Yeah Rece, I saw that too.

• MCM says:

I also read that Krzysztof Soszynski will now be facing Mike Massenzio who’s coming back to the UFC at 205 instead of his normal 185. To be honest, I don’t know who Massenzio is, but I like Soszynski so don’t want him to win anyway.

• fanoftna33 says:

Damm this is absoultly my favorite website to go to , hope to see it stay for many years to come.
    Howard vs Brown still looks to be a pretty exciting match, but I think Howard has the advantage everywhere it takes place. Brown has the heart to pull a win out though so I am watching this one on the edge of my seat.

• fanoftna33 says:

Also it seems like a huge letdown to be getting Story vs Marquadt now that AJ is hurt again, I swear it seems like ever since the UFC started up there insurance for fighters they have all been dropping like fly’s.