Jason Miller, Michael Bisping named as Ultimate Fighter 14 coaches

The next season of the Ultimate Fighter is set to feature a colorful coach known for his outspoken ways and controversial behavior inside the ring. Whether the previous sentence refers to Jason “Mayhem” Miller or Michael Bisping – perhaps both – will be left up to the reader’s discretion. However, what is certain is their participation upcoming participation on the popular reality show with the pairing expected to eventually culminate in a fight towards the end of 2011.

News of the coaching selection was confirmed by Dana White through a conversation with The Underground.

Miller had been previously scheduled to face Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 in his return to the promotion after a successful run outside of the UFC but today’s news likely means “Mayhem” will be replaced in the affair though nothing official has been announced.

“Guess my fight is off with (Miller),” Simpson wrote on Twitter in response to the situation. “Was looking forward to it. It is a smart move for him. He will beat Bisping. Wish him the best of luck.”

“Sucks for me,” he glumly added shortly thereafter.

When Miller finally meets Bisping after the season he will have been out of action for nearly fifteen months with his last fight coming against Kazushi Sakuraba at DREAM 16 in September 2010. Prior to the two-minute victory the host of MTV’s “Bully Beatdown” had won eleven of his previous fourteen fights (minus a No Contest) including in-ring success against Niko Vitale, Tim Kennedy, and Robbie Lawler.

Though the announcement of Miller may have come as a relative surprise, Bisping’s role as an Ultimate Fighter 14 coach had been long rumored with Chael Sonnen originally playing the role of adversary before his latest licensing issues with the CSAC prevented his partaking in the show.

TUF 14 will feature the UFC’s newest divisional additions with bantamweights and featherweights filling the fighter slots. Filming is scheduled to start next month with the debut coming at some point in September.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Creature says:

im going with Miller via being cooler, funnier, easier to understand, and ill go on a limb and say sub round 3, this is the best replacement for chael as you can get at MW

• fanoftna33 says:

Miller is a great personality for sure but I will take Bisping to outpoint him in a fight. Dont really think Bisping can stop Miller but really Miller doesnt have the wrestling to take Bisping down and while his subs are very good Bisping has great defense. Might not be pretty but Bisping gets the decision then we get the Anderson match up.

• Adam Tool says:

Historic season of “TUF” on the way. Not just the first season with bantamweights and featherweights, this is also the first season in the show’s history where a fighter has been chosen for the head coaching spot without winning a single fight in the octagon.

• Dufresne says:

I got Miller in the fight. His wrestling is far superior to Bispings. Plus I hate Bisping.

• THEGUNNER says:

I got miller for sure. He was in pride before bisbing was in tuf.

• moosebaby02 says:

and so the some what cross promotion begins

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Will be a good fight but after the show.

Mayhem vs the count Sounds good to me… Bisping thought Jorge Rivera was a ball buster geez he gotta spend all those weeks with mayhem… Should be fun. Hey DW make the contestants fight to get in the house this go round….

• locoRover says:

Rece: I remember reading somewhere that dana said it was a mistake cutting out the get-in fights. Couldn’t agree more. Bantam and feather fight in, yes please and thank you. Its a great way to catch peoples attention and get them excited about watching the show from episode 1.

I for one will be on the edge of my seat watching mayhem rip into bisping on the show. Fingers crossed, we will see the first coach cry on TUF.

• YetiLee says:

FUCK YEAH! I am stoked about this, when they signed Mayhem I also said I hoped they picked him against Bisping and now that it has happened I can’t contain my smile. Mayhem is going to get under Bisping’s skin so bad and the brit has no idea what he is in store for in both coaching against him and then meeting him in the octagon. I see Mayhem winning the show and then the fight via submission, can’t wait!