The Ultimate Fighter 13: Episode 4 Wrap-Up

Team Lesnar
Head Coach: Brock Lesnar
Assistant Coaches: Luke Richardson (Strength/Conditioning), Marty Morgan (Wrestling), Erik Paulson (Jiu-Jitsu), Rodrigo Medeiros (Jiu-Jitsu), Greg Nelson (General)
Fighters: Len Bentley, Charlie Radar, Tony Ferguson, Clay Harvison, Myles Jury (Injured), Chris Cope, Nordin Asrih, Chuck O’Neil

Team Dos Santos
Head Coach: Junior dos Santos
Assistant Coaches: Lew Polley (Wrestling), Luiz Dorea (Boxing), Billy Schiebe (Muay Thai)
Fighters: Shamar Bailey, Ryan McGillivray, Javier Torres, Ramsey Nijem, Zach Davis, Nick Bowman, Keon Caldwell

Scoreboard: Team Dos Santos leads 2-1

General Information: Pretty straight forward episode with no major happenings.

Injuries: None

House Stories/Drama: Ramsey Nijem catches hell from some guys in the house for painting his toenails, watching Glee, and stripping.
Gym Stories/Drama: Some member of Team Lesnar had trouble focusing at practice. Lesnar brought in Matt Hughes to roll with the team.

Fight Announcement: Ramsey Nijem (Team Dos Santos) vs. Charlie Radar (Team Lesnar) as picked by Junior dos Santos
The Fight: The entire first round was spent in the clinch with Ramsey controlling. He got a couple of takedowns but didn’t do much with them. In the second round, Ramsey got the back of Charlie early and choked him out.
Result: Ramsey Nijem def. Charlie Radar via Submission Round 2 (Rear Naked Choke)

Ramsey Nijem Report: Strong performance by Ramsey. His wrestling and control was very good in the first round and then in the second round he finally wore out Charlie enough to get the takedown and finish him.

Charlie Radar Report: Weak performance by Charlie. He couldn’t do anything with Ramsey in the clinch and pretty much gave up in the second round.

After The Fight: Lesnar chewed out his team for not competing hard enough. Len Bentley got up and walked out because he knew he fought hard. Lesnar applauded him.

Eliminated Fighters: Myles Jury, Nordin Asrih, Keon Caldwell, Javier Torres, Len Bentley, Charlie Radar

• MickeyC says:

team lesnar, is really starting to unravel. Way to boost their confidence coach. At least your last 3 know what to expect if they loose.

I dont blame Brock…Charlie never tried hard to reverse Ramsey in the clinch against the cage he just held on… he had an opportunity 2x for a standing guillotine when Ramsey was attempting takedowns and left his kneck out there for 10 secs at a time… and bottom line he tapped before the choke was even sunk in…If I was Brock I wouldn’t have thrown a stool I would have turned to the rest of the Team and said if you plan on fighting like that then go the fuck home now.

• Kuch says:

Each season is decided when they choose teams. Period. There isn’t a coach alive that can change a fighter’s bad habits or weaknesses in 6 weeks, much less get a fighter ready for an opponent in less than a week without the opportunity to review videos or do a ton of homework. The coaches are merely star power for the show and the fact that someone like Lew Polley fancies himself as some type of great coach and is responsible for his team’s success is laughable.

Neither Brock nor Junior can make fix poor wrestling, poor striking, poor cardio, lack of killer instinct, or a lack of self-confidence in a matter of weeks.

• Angry Mike says:

Lew Polley gets the award for the WTF? moment of the week. Last week he blasts dos Santos, claiming that he didn’t really care about his fighters. And yet there he was on last night’s espisode, claiming that dos Santos really, really cared about his fighters and that Lesnar didn’t. Is the guy bipolar?

I’m not sure what to make of the fight last night. In the locker room there were some brief comments about Charlie having injured his shoulder. I thought I heard Lesnar asking if it was dislocated, but if there was an answer I didn’t hear it. If Charlie got injured during the fight, he gets some slack, at least from me. If he didn’t, then I’d have to say that he quit for no apparent reason

• fanoftna33 says:

Besides being on the biggest stage in there careers these fighters are being berated as chicken shit seemingly weekly by Lesner. I will assume that is how he has been coached and what motivates him- and really works for him. During the training seesions he seems to be pretty mello and hands out good advice but as soon as a loss comes his way it is all gone. Now I understand we are seeing what the UFC wants us to see but damm, Lesner should try to lighten up a bit.

Berated… Really? I think this is the most Lightened up version of Lesner we have ever seen… I do agree with you this is the version of the show Zuffa wants us to see, Editing can create good guys and pricks very easily.

• MCM says:

I read on another site that Charlie pulled his shoulder out when he got slammed. That’s why he tapped so fast, he couldn’t lift his arm. Although that may be somewhat excusable, that’s no reason to not listen to your corner when they are telling you you have an opportunity to hit a guy “all day long” in the clinch.

Ramsey reminds me of Amir. I hope he goes far, he’s the only likable character so far.