“Bruce Leroy” debuting as part of Fight Night 24 Facebook stream

Whether you loved or hated him, chances are you remember 4-2 Alex Caceres’ run on the Ultimate Fighter Season 12 as a result of his personality and what seemed to be a great deal of raw potential on display during his brief stint on the show. Playfully dubbed “Bruce Leroy” based on appearance, behavior, and choice of walk-out attire, Caceres will attempt to channel “the glow” Saturday night against Mackens Semerzier (5-3) as part of the preliminary portion of UFC Fight Night 24 when both men make their official debuts in the Octagon.

The featherweights’ bout was recently named as one-half of an online stream being provided by the UFC via their Facebook page with heavyweights Jon Madsen and Mike Russow rounding out the hour-long broadcast. Things will fire up at 9:00 PM EST with the main card starting an hour later on Spike TV at 10:00 PM EST (tape delayed until 10:00 PM PST in the West).

Though similar from an experience standpoint, “Mack da Menace” has four appearances in WEC under his belt including a first-round submission of Wagnney Fabiano and should pose a significant challenge for the 22-year old based on the level of competition he’s faced in comparison to Caceres. Semerzier has also lost his last three bouts and is almost certainly fighting for his job at the event meaning it’s likely he will bring the action to Caceres rather than attempt to eek out a victory.

Meanwhile, the 145-pounders’ heavyweight peers will both look to continue impressive winning streaks this weekend. The 13-1 Russow has found success in nine straight scraps including a memorable comeback knockout of Todd Duffee at UFC 114, while Madsen is 7-0 thus far in his career and was last seen rendering Gilbert Yvel defenseless from strikes this past October at UFC 121.

• fanoftna33 says:

I would think Alex is pretty big for FW, but he was a pretty exciting fighter so good luck to him. Hope to see him get some wins and make it to some big fights.

Can’t light any bigger of a fire under a guys ass then when he knows his livlihood is on the line… should be a good fight.

• boomnutz says:

maybe i’m just a hater today, but I hated Bruce Leroy on the show, and I think he gets completely owned in this fight…BTW this is the one aspect of TUF that I hate. There are so many other fights on this undercard that are more deserving to be on facebook (not that I’ll watch on facebook) but because of his notoriety he gets the call. I’m pretty excited for this card, especially the prelims, I hope we get to see as many fights as possible

• Dufresne says:

I really didn’t like Caceres when he was on TUF, but I have to admit that he did surprise me in his fight with Michael Johnson. That said, I don’t think he’s getting the W here.

Neither fighter has the most impressive record, but Semerzier’s is definitely more impressive than Caceres’s overall. Semerzier has only been finished once and that was by a guy who’s 15-5 and related to the Gracie Clan. In his last fight, Semerzier fought Cub Swanson to a split decision loss and that alone is more impressive than all of Caceres’s entire record in my opinion. Plus you have to consider that both of Caceres’s losses came in the form of submission and 4 of Semerzier’s wins have come by tapout.

All of that makes me think Semerzier gets the win via submission late in the second when Caceres’s flashy style causes him to gas.

• Why couldnt Rodney wallace and him have been in a closer weight class so we could’ve had the last dragon vs. SHO NUFF!? It would’ve been awesome

• JOEgun says:

Sermizer has this.

Im curious about the Russow vs Madsen fight too. Im barely leaning towards Russow. I’ll be watching.

• stone says:

Hate to sound drunk, belligerent & immature but…. I CAN’T STAND BRUCE LEEROY!!!! I HATE THAT F**KIN A**HOLE!

• Jak says:

Bruce Leroy was just an updated Junie Browning.

Screw “raw potential”, people get talking about Brownings “raw potential”.

At 4-2 it’s hard to find opponents that can lose to him and still have UFC worthy fights.

It’s a fight night, so it’s okay, but this fight is barely a Bellator prelim, let alone a UFC one.