5 Oz. MMA Link Club

Welcome back to another ediition of “MMA Link Club”, Five Ounces of Pain‘s weekly smorgasbord of offerings from our brothers and sisters in the MMA community. Enjoy…

Jon Jones is Tired of Talk Regarding Rashad Evans (MMAConvert.com)

Fedor Emelianekno Rumored for Move to Light Heavyweight (CagePotato.com

Matt Serra Talks About His Long Layoff (MMAFighting.com)

NFL Wide Receiver Chad Ochocinco Continues to Call Out Anderson Silva (Versus.com)

Wondering Who the Favorite is in Maynard vs. Edgar III? (5th Round)

GSP Makes it Clear he Isn’t Scared of Shields, “The Spider”, or Anyone Else (Lowkick.com)

Jorge Rivera’s Camp Still Pushing for Bisping’s Suspension (BleacherReport.com)

How Did Last Week’s Fights Affect Competitors’ Rankings? (FIGHT! Magazine)

One Person Who Doesn’t Want to See Emelianenko Call it Quits is Fabricio Werdum (MiddleEasy.com)

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC/STRIKEFORCE

“Jorge Rivera’s Camp Still Pushing for Bisping’s Suspension …”

ZUFFA really needs to lay out a coarse of action and just get it over with… whats done is done just slap the wrist already and move on.

• MCM says:

But then how will Jorge ever make it into a press conference again, or be relevant at all for that matter?

• Guthookd says:

OK, since he’s not a fighter I’m going to say my piece about Chad Ochocinco.

He’s a worthless pile of shit talking crap with ZERO fight skills who would be spanked by an average High School wrestler on any day of the week. I would personally pay money to fight that fucking cock sucker. I’d double leg his ass, mount him and pound his fucking teeth into his brain.

Don’t hold back GutHookd tell him how you really feel…

• MCM says:

No link to MiddleEasy this week? But they’ve got shots of Gina Carano wearing a skin tight black wet suit beating the crap out of Ewen McGregor.

One word….Cankles.

hahaaaaaa

• king mah mah says:

When Jorge’s representative talks about fighters needing to be role models, does that include ex-convicts that used to steal cars for fun like Jorge did? Just wondering.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

There’s a link to MiddeEasy at the bottom.

When said ex-convict turns his life around and tries to do something positive with it I’d say “yes”. And wasn’t he doing the car stuff when he when he was 16-17 anyways?

• bigbadjohn says:

And you probably could, Guthooked. quick story: I had an ex wide receiver from the CFL drop- in to a beer league hockey game of mine once. The guy was absolutely ripped, physically stronger than anyone on the ice. Anyways, after the first period he was exhausted, even throwing up, asking all of us “apparently out-of-shape” guys ‘how we do it’? Well, these football players only need 8 second max bursts of athleticism, speed and raw power for the majority of plays and they get to rest, so their cardio is generally shit compared to other sports. Moral of the story: a good double-leg and Ocho would probably be screaming “uncle” after a few minutes with any decent wrassler.

• MCM says:

Brendhan Conlan says:
    March 10, 2011 at 5:25 pm

There’s a link to MiddeEasy at the bottom.

DOH!

• king mah mah says:

Yeah you’re right Brendhan. Gotta be proud of these felons turned fighters. But watch that UFC preview again and you’ll see him damn near laughing when talked about how many cars he used to steal. Doesn’t sound like a totally reformed man to me.

Also am I the only one that was annoyed by Jorge asking for donations for the “memory” of his daughter? I mean I can empathize with the fact that he lost a daughter, but why would he need money for her now? It would be different if she had needed money for a surgery or something. I thought it was kind of messed up to be asking for money for someone who is no longer with us.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Who gives a fuck about Jorge and you’re right mah, asking for money for the memory of his daughter is pretty shitty. Did he really do that?.
    I agree with Fedor going to LHW but I strongly disagree with the Randy Couture treatment of getting a title shot after losing 2 in a row.
    I think it would be a great fight.
    Jon Jones telling it like it is. He is going to be a superstar. The first REAL superstar of MMA. Forget Liddell, Couture Fedor and co. Jon Jones is going to be the Jordan of MMA.
    Fight magazine ranks Hendo 2nd in the LHW rankings. I would rank him at 5 behind Shogun, Machida, Jones and Rashad. Maybe 4 above Machida and Rampage.
    I’m almost over GSP greasing and I’m actually starting to like the guy along with his freakish talent.
    What’s NFL? is that like rugby but the athletes pad up so they don’t get a owie?.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Can you elaborate on the context of the money-asking? What if he’s asking for people to donate money to a charity relating to the condition his daughter died from in honor of her memory?

• king mah mah says:

I’m not really sure Brendhan. At the end of the show it said “to donate money to the memory of his daughter go to something ..com. I hope it was a charity for other young girls but I don’t know. If it is then that’s fine, but it just rubbed me the wrong way when I saw it.

It was probably a charity to donate in her name to support a cause… Do you really think Zuffa would use there production time to promote something shady? C’mon guys…

If anything is “pretty shitty” it’s your guys insensitivity towards a parent that lost a child. Regardless of what you think of Jorge a kid dying, is a kid dying…

• king mah mah says:

I’m sure you’re right Rece. My bad.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

If he is asking for charity or research I think that is fantastic and good luck, if he is asking people to give him money personally, it is pretty shitty. I’m sure that isn’t the case because to exploit the death of a loved 1 for your own gain is … well, pretty shitty.
    I wouldn’t wish it on anyone and I hope he and his family are doing as well as can be expected. I hope many did give to his charity or whatever and I’m sure that was the whole idea behind what he said.