Marcus Davis signs on with Maximum Fighting Championships

Former UFC lightweight/welterweight Marcus Davis’ attempt to regain the form resulting in victory eight of the first nine times he stepped foot in the Octagon will start North of the Border later this year as Canada’s Maximum Fighting Championships announced “The Irish Hand Grenade” had been inked to a deal during Friday night’s broadcast of MFC 28.

Neither an opponent or date for his debut were mentioned.

Davis holds an overall record of 17-8 but fell in four of his last five outings with three coming by way of knockout. However, the 37-year old held his own against Dan Hardy during the slide and possesses past wins over respectable opposition like Paul Taylor and Chris Lytle.

• MickeyC says:

I kinda saw this comin. I wonder what weight he plans to fight at. His drop to 155 not so fruitful.

• MCM says:

MFC said they wanted to become the second biggest MMA promotion in north America by the end of the year. Signing a crowd pleasing favorite like Marcus Davis, certainly doesn’t hurt those goals.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

No no NO!
    He is signing with Strikeforce along with all the other UFC rejects like Vera, Jardine, Efran, Gonzaga, Leites, Lutter, Kimbo, Alexander, Baroni and Cote.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Sorry I mentioned Baroni but Baroni was a Strikeforce reject (0-2) that the UFC picked up. My apologies.

Speaking Of Rejects…

😉

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Sorry I didn’t mean to say I TOLD YOU SO again. Just like when I TOLD YOU that Jardine wouldn’t be picked up by SF and I TOLD YOU that Mousasi wouldn’t go to the UFC and I TOLD YOU that SF was doing well and would grow. SF does not pick up UFC rejects like people who keep (yawn!) trying to say. SF is growing quickly and not going bust like people keep (yawn, yawn!) trying to say. SF is a valid option now and not all fighters want to be in the UFC like people keep (yawn, yawn, yawn!) trying to say. Just thought I would remind people of that.