Dan Lauzon requires stitches after stabbing outside Massachusetts bar

A situation outside of a Bridgewater establishment involving former UFC fighter Dan Lauzon, whose older brother Joe Lauzon still competes for the promotion, escalated to the point of a physical altercation early this morning eventually leaving the 22-year old Mixed Martial Artist with a stab wound to his shoulder. Lauzon was transported to an area hospital where he received stitches to what was listed as a “non-life threatening” injury.

News of the stabbing was first reported by local publication Enterprise News where it was mentioned no suspects have been identified in the assault. No other specifics were made available and Lauzon’s name has since been removed from the story though the incident was also confirmed in a blog post from the elder Lauzon.

Lauzon is 14-4 in his career with a 2-0 record in the latter part of 2010 after parting ways with the UFC earlier in the year. All fourteen of his wins have come by way of a finishing performance.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

keeping it gangsta…

• Dufresne says:

Gotta be careful out there these days, never know when a simple argument could turn deadly.

Heal up quick Dan.

• Angry Mike says:

Hopefully he did some damage of his own. Gotta wonder where you’re headed if you’re in a bar “early in the morning” even if there’s no fighting. That isn’t helpful to any career I can think of, and certainly not the career of a professional athlete.

• triangleman says:

I went to Bridgewater State College and I have a very close friend that was stabbed to death outside of Our House a local bar, for hitting on someones girlfriend. Thankfully both kids were caught and given life in prison but it just goes to show you that it doesn’t matter how tough you are someone else may have a gun or a knife! Do your fighting in the ring Dan!

• bigbadjohn says:

well, I wouldn’t take on Dan Lauzon with anything less than a knife either lol

• Angry Mike says:

I think Triangleman’s post just proved my point. Thumbs down don’t refute it.

• boomnutz says:

I from MA too and work with a bunch of kids that go to Bridgewater Fake college (no offense triangleman, it’s what one of my professors called it, Daniel Lomba taught economics at BSC and UMD, good dude) and they say there are stabbings a lot at Bogart’s (college bar, btw) which is odd because Bridgewater isn’t exactly a tough area, granted its next to Brockton….From what I hear about Dan, he probably got into with these guys, he’s a hothead, I have a buddy who trains with him and another buddy from EB that knows Joe and Dan who says the same, they like him alright but he needs to grow up, i think even his brother left his camp, because he was immature…but it just goes to show you when you’re of some fame, you’re just better off avoiding putting yourself in these situations

• Guthookd says:

If a pro fighter is going to whoop your ass, stab that mother fucker.

Sounds fair.

• Guthookd says:

Kershaw…dont’ leave home without it.