5 Oz. MMA Link Club

Welcome back to another ediition of “MMA Link Club”, Five Ounces of Pain‘s weekly smorgasbord of offerings from our brothers and sisters in the MMA community. Enjoy…

Fedor Gets Ready for the Strikeforce World Grand Prix (CagePotato.com)

Scott Coker Still Looking at Japan for Grand Prix Event (MMAFighting.com)

Scott Jorgensen Looks Back at Loss to Dominick Cruz (Versus.com)

Fighting in Toronto Means the World to Mark Hominick (HeavyMMA.com)

Nate Quarry, Tom Lawlor, and Seth Petruzelli Give Back to the Troops (FIGHT! Magazine)

The UFC 127 Preview Arrives (MMAScraps.com)

Strikeforce On Pace to Turn Significant Profit (MMAConvert)

An Interview with UFC Featherweight Chad Mendes (MiddleEasy.com)

PHOTO CREDIT – ESTHER LIN / STRIKEFORCE

• Guthookd says:

I predict the fall of Fedor. He will loose a fight in the tournament, then one more after, then he’ll retire.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

Strikeforce to make big $30 million dollar profit? but the guys on this site that hate Diaz , think Fedor sucks and Coker is an idiot say Strikeforce is going bust. Oh gee I don’t know who to believe , the official profit figures or the bias UFC marks that hate on anything SF does?. Hmmmm.

• LiverPunch says:

How much does the UFC make in profit each year?. It would be in the 100s of millions wouldn’t it?.
    Good to see SF making money and trying to expand into Japan. I’m looking forward to seeing Silva Fedor and Andre vs Sergei. It’s pretty much a HW fest and I would have preferred a couple of other classes participating but who can complain with Fedor , BigFoot , Lavar , Del Rosario and a Kiwi legend on show?.

Did you guys even read the article???
    It’s the authors speculative opinion not a financial statement or a investors conference call… he has no financial facts or inputs besides what he is irriterating from other interviews… Even the showtime deal he talks about is taking the figures that SF and showtime projected the collabaration could possibly generate over 3 years not immediate or guaranteed… He goes on to talk about projected DVD sales?!? Who is buying SF DVDs?!? Plus the author admits he has no idea what the M-1 deal even consists of !?!? Well considering was a big thorn in SF side I’m sure those figures and contracts are something to heavily consider…

SOo0o0o at the end of the Day this guy has NO Showtime figures… NO M-1 Figures… NO Merchandising figures and No Financial records…. YES THIS IS A VERY GOOD INDICATION THAT SF IS ON RECORD TO TURN A SIGNIFICANT PROFIT.

shit I could write the same article for any regional promotion…

SF is on the come up and I concede they are holding on strong to #2 they still have a ways to go…They are doing the right things as of late but it’s consistency that will get them to there goals. We will see what happens…

“Oh gee I don’t know who to believe , the official profit figures or the bias UFC marks that hate on anything SF does?. Hmmmm” – MMA LOGIC

Logic the only mark around here is you… Oh wait I forgot you read it on the internet so it must be true.

Your screen name screams irony my friend.

HERE IS SOME QUOTES FROM THE ARTICLE…

“Of course, it’s important to note that we’re talking about revenue here, not profit. We really have no way of actually knowing if Strikeforce is turning a profit, taking a loss or breaking even with the information that’s been given to us.”

“If I had to guess though, I imagine they’re turning a small profit at this point.”

Those quotes really make you feel like this article is anything other than specutation and/ or this authors take on the situation??

Good thing for SF the government doesn’t tax based upon speculation….

Let’s take a look author’s story a little bit more indepth…..

Title of Piece- “Strikeforce On Pace to Turn Significant Profit ”

Excerpt from Article- “…it’s important to note that we’re talking about revenue here, not profit.”

Hmmm… pace to turn a significant profit… we’re talking about revenue here, not profit….We really have no way of actually knowing if Strikeforce is turning a profit… Follow??

Yes I can see this all makes sense… I must be a mark what was I thinking.

“…the official profit figures or the bias UFC marks that hate on anything SF does…”- MMA -LOGIC

THERE WAS NO ” OFFICIAL PROFIT FIGURES” in the article… YOU are obviously the one who hates anything a different promotion does.

It’s not LOGICAL to comment and then insinuate shit when you have not read the article and have no idea what your talking about…

P.S. Niether promotion is a PUBLICLY traded company so they don’t have to disclose all there information… READING IS FUNDEMENTAL.

• Guthookd says:

Good lord Rece. He pissed you off brotha.

MMA-LOGIC is a troll…..

ahahaaaa tough morning guthookd tough morning….yes he is trolling and he got me hook line nad sinker… I am ashamed. 😉

* hook, line and sinker *

• LiverPunch says:

It appears I’ve made some enemies. I don’t see why anyone would thumbs me down for my comment unless the were holding a grudge.
    I get the MMA mark comment made by MCM now and the Haa… Haa… Haa . Very funny reply.
    Hope your day gets/got better.

Yo LP enemies? Really?? first off It’s not that serious It’s an mma comment thread we are not in the middle of Egypt here and secondly the focus of the rant was directed towards logic, not you, Most importantly dude it’s never personal around here, this isn’t mmajunkie, we got a good group of regulars here and we talk shit, agree, disagree, poke fun, compliment, debate, debunk, so on and so on…stop being a softee and carry on. See u out there, be easy.

• LiverPunch says:

No you misunderstand Rece. I understood it was to Logic I just didn’t get the thumbs down for saying it was good for SF and that I’m looking forward to the tourney.
    Did you thumbs me down?!!! If you did you have cut me deep Rece. I know we have had our moments but how could you?. I have NEVER EVER thumbs you down. 😉

No I thought u took my rant as towards you and in turn thought it carried over into another post… Anyway obviously the bulk of the more vocal posters get thumbs down even when they are correct…shit I get thumbs down when I post breaking news, and I’m just trying to be informative… Me thumbs you down LP Nah I would never dream of it. 😉

• MCM says:

I gave you both thumbs down.
    I like it better when you’re bitching at each other.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

No fair!. Guthookd cut him loose.