Thiago Silva left off list of negative UFC 125 drug testing results

Confusion surrounding Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s opponent on May 28 received a bit of potential clarity earlier today per the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s release of drug test results relating to UFC 125.

Thiago Silva, still listed on the UFC’s website for a date with Jackson over Memorial Day Weekend, was recently rumored to have been replaced by Rashad Evans for undisclosed reasons – a claim Silva and his camp denied shortly thereafter. However, perhaps lending credit to the possibility of Evans’ involvement at UFC 130, the 28-year old Brazilian’s name was left off a report issued earlier today by the NSAC listing UFC 125 athletes who had tested negative for drug/steroid use. Silva beat Brandon Vera by unanimous decision at the event.

Five Ounces of Pain has since confirmed with NSAC Executive Director Keith Kizer that Silva did indeed submit a urine sample at the event, and though he stopped short of officially naming Silva as the lone remaining fighter whose submission was mentioned in their report as still being processed there is little evidence to the contrary. However, as curious as the circumstances may be, it’s important to remember “processing” doesn’t mean “positive”.

Silva’s bout with Vera was his first in a year due to his need to recover from a chronic back problem. He holds an overall record of 15-2 with notable knockouts over Keith Jardine, Tomasz Drwal, and Houston Alexander.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• bigbadjohn says:

wouldn’t be the least bit surprised.

• hindsightufuk says:

wow, guess you knew all along this would happen then?

• fanoftna33 says:

Hope he didnt piss dirty, then maybe the UFC will have to bring Vera back cause he didnt really lose the fight.

• THEGUNNER says:

Sucks for him if he is juiced up cause hes not really buffed up. Theres plenty of fighters that dont need illigal supplaments. Nick diaz is a perfect example.

• danw84 says:

Silva being on steroids or not, that doesn’t change the fact that Vera is awful.

I hope Silva is clean, I was pumped for him vs Rampage, and I have no interest in a Rashad vs Rampage rematch.

• bigbadjohn says:

how does ‘wouldnt be surprised’ suggest I knew? maybe I was a bit short. He’s coming off a back injury and was losing face quickly in the rankings, he looked MASSIVE in his last fight and not just because Vera is lanky. Steroids are as useful for muscle repair as they are for growth. I’m really not sure about the whole myth about steroids affecting endurance but Thiago had gassed pretty bad in his previous fight against Rashad, but I guess who wouldn’t be after 10 minutes on their back. in The whole thing just seemed fitting, I’m sorry if I came off harsh.

• LiverPunch says:

I bet he’s money laundering too.

• Dufresne says:

I bet he’s money laundering too.

Nicely done.

I’m still holding out, hoping these are nothing but rumors. Rampage/Rashad II has about as close to zero appeal to me as you can get when you match up guys who have those caliber names.

If Rampage/Thiago does get canceled, I’m just praying for an old school Rampage slam or a big bomb to end Rashad’s night.

Apparently Thiago has said the commision has one negative and one positive sample from him… But he still says he didn’t take nothing…and he’s not concerned.

Where does it go from here?