Melvin Manhoef fighting on March 5 for Strikeforce

It appears fans will be in for an additional treat on March 5 in Columbus, as it appears Strikeforce has added the scintillating stand-up of Melvin Manhoef to the event currently headlined by a light heavyweight championship clash between title-holder Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante and PRIDE/UFC legend Dan Henderson . Manhoef has remarkably TKO’d 23 of the 24 individuals he’s beaten due to a devastating eight-point attack.

News of the hard-hitting Dutchman’s addition to the card was relayed to the public by way of his Twitter page, though he stopped short of naming an actual opponent.

While Manhoef may have fallen in his last two outings he remains a threat to separate any adversary from consciousness as evident in past knockouts of Kazuo Misaki, Mark Hunt, and Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos. He is also generally a lock to entertain fans whether winning or losing as he’s only gone the distance twice in thirty-two total fights.

In addition to Manhoef, Henderson, and Cavalcante, the March 5 Strikeforce line-up is also set to feature a female title-fight between 135-pound champ Marloes Coenen and contender Miesha Tate, as well as Tim Kennedy facing middleweight prospect Luke Rockhold and a lightweight clash between 11-0 Billy Evangelista and Jorge Masvidal.

• hindsightufuk says:

like to see him in against mayhem maybe, or cung le could be entertaining, who else is there? scott smith?

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Jason Miller? Lawler rematch?

• Dufresne says:

Personally I’d rather watch Manhoef go against another striker most of the time. I know it’s MMA, but when you’ve got a guy with such impressive standup skills and such an elementary ground game, I’d rather see his striking.

• other sites are reporting that it gonna be Kennedy….man that guy cant keep an opponent.

• bigbadjohn says:

Oh man, a rematch with Robbie would be must-see. One of the most stunning, comeback punches ever. It was surreal to watch

Yeah it’s Kennedy…

Killa B just signed to bellator for a non tourney match up in April…BFC !!

• MCM says:

Too bad they gave him Kennedy. Melvin is gonna get taken down and tapped out in the 1st. I really wanted to see him get the W.

• LiverPunch says:

I can not understand cheering for an organisation as if it was a favorite team. Fighters yes but organizations?. I don’t give a flying fuck what organisation a fighter fights for because once they are in the cage it makes no difference at all. MMA!! not UFC ,SF ,DREAM or BFC. WTF is that about?. I didn’t realize we were supposed to pick an company to prefer. Go Shark Fights wahooo!. I mean really.

Where does this put Luke Rockhold?. I hope it is not against Mayhem because I want Mayhem to fight Diaz.

• hindsightufuk says:

Liver i’m sick of saying the same thing, if its a ufc article someone shouts strikeforce, if its a strikeforce article someone shouts ufc or bfc, i dont get it. makes no sense

I was giving posters a heads up about the signing of Ben before Brendhan got a chance to post an article… Yes I’m excited for the BFC season 4… But I also posted with in topic about whom Melvin was fighting…Sorry some other posters appreciate a heads up on breaking news and don’t look at everything like its this versus that…GET A GRIP.

P.S.

LOOK AT THE FUCKING TIME STAMP ON THE POST, BEFORE YOU BITCH LIKE LITTLE GIRLS.

• LiverPunch says:

It is good you let people know Rece and I myself appreciate it.
    Just sick of the old UFC and Bellator vs SF , Dream and M1 bullshit. The company means nothing to me. Coker doesn’t bother me , Rebney is OK Dana is … Dana is a dick but all of it means nothing once the fighters touch gloves , so affiliation with a company seems odd to me.
    Thumbs up for swearing in capital letters though.

If you appreciate it then why do you comment like I’m bringing up the breaking news to overshadow the SF news item like I work for Bellator? I do it because as different as we all are we all share one thing in common- MMA, so yes when news hits that’s not on 5oz yet I share so that we continue to be well informed in our convo’s.

As far as cursing in caps goes- every once in a while gotta get all junkie up in here… Sorry if your virgin eyes couldn’t handle it.

Until next time LP….