Bellator announces official premiere of Season 4 on MTV2

Bellator Fighting Championships’ has revealed the promotion’s fourth season of fistic festivities will fire up on March 5 in Lemoore, California at the Tachi Palace Hotel & Casino and air on MTV2 at 9:00 PM EST. Though the organization has not yet announced a line-up for the event it will almost certainly feature offerings from at least one of Season 4’s scheduled tournaments.

“With our spectacular partnership with MTV2, MMA fans now have a place to watch Bellator live every Saturday night,” said Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney. “Our fourth season is absolutely loaded with talent, and I can’t wait to get the action started…”

Over the next few months Bellator will crown its first 205-pound champion, as well as provide new top contenders at featherweight, lightweight, and welterweight. While the 155 field still remains a mystery, and the only name presently attached to the light heavyweight tournament thus far is Daniel Gracie, the other divisional groupings are far more defined with all eight participants having already been named.

At 145-pounds, Patricio “Pitbull” Freire, Eric Larkin, Georgi Karakhanyan, Daniel Straus, Wilson Reis, Kenny Foster, Zac George, and Nazareno “Naza” Malegarie will all compete in hopes of eventually facing featherweight champ Joe Warren.

Meanwhile, welterweight fighters Lyman Good, Jay Hieron, Dan Hornbuckle, Rick Hawn, Brent Weedman, Chris Lozano, “Judo” Jim Wallhead, and Steve Carl will mix it up at 170 with the finalist getting a crack at former Olympian, and current Bellator title-holder, Ben Askren.

FINALLY…

• THEGUNNER says:

Better than facebook! Only certan peolpe get fb u no who u are rather not ask rather not tell

• Dufresne says:

Only certan peolpe get fb u no who u are rather not ask rather not tell

That makes no sense. Everyone with internet access has access to facebook, only people with the right cable/satellite package can get MTV2.

Regardless, I can’t wait for March 5th!

• Guthookd says:

They also said that their going to be airing all the shows on Saturdays now, not Thursdays. Mixed feelings about that because it gave me something to look forward to other than the weekend. I guess the only time their going to move a broadcast is when it goes head to head with a UFC or SF card.

I hope Zoila is on this Lemoore card.

Looking forward to the whole season and especially finding out who the hell they could possibly land at LHW. Prangly and Jardine would be a good start…both need to build momentum and a rematch after 1-2 wins each would have some modicum of draw.

• Guthookd says:

They’re.

• MCM says:

I too am curious to see who they get for 205. I think Ryan Jimmo would be a great choice, if they can get him away from MFC and if he’s not fielding offers from the UFC. I don’t think Prangly or Jardine are gonna wind up in Bellator though.
    Trevor should stay at MW. And as much as I love Jardine, he needs to put at least 3 wins together before any of the big three (UFC, SF, Bellator) U.S. orgs will even look at him.
    Is Tim Boetsh still with the UFC? If not, he’d make a great addition to any org.
    Bellator has a way of finding really good fighters that most people have never heard of (Steve Carl), or great journey men that never made it to the big show (Hornbuckle). I can’t wait to see who they find for their LHW tourney.

• cutman says:

I know one thing the two other brackets that have been announced are going to be exciting, so I expect nothing less from the 155ers or the 205ers. FREE GOOD MMA ON MTV2 stoked…….I would love to see Boetsh with Bellator.