Phil Baroni back in action on March 25 for Titan Fighting Championships

Though charismatic striker Phil Baroni has been criticized for a number of things in the past one characteristic never in question is Baroni’s strong desire to entertain fans regardless of the in-ring result. Recently released by the UFC after dropping a pair of bouts in the Octagon, it appears “The New York Bad Ass” already has a new destination lined up for offering his unique brand of talents, as Titan Fighting Championships has announced the signing of Baroni to a multi-fight deal with his promotional debut set for March 25 in Kansas City.

“I’m very happy and excited to re-start my career with Titan Fighting in Kansas City,” said the 34-year old. “I have another chapter to write and it starts March 25. The best NYBA ‘eva is fighting for Titan… People love a comeback.”

“Phil has a star quality to him that so few fighters have and win or lose he has always fought with a true warrior’s mentality,” added Titan Fighting CEO Joe Kelly.

Baroni is 13-13 with eleven finishing performances including nine TKOs and more than half of his losses coming as a result of the judges’ scorecards. The outspoken East Coaster holds past wins over Ryo Chonan, Ikuhisa “Minowaman” Minowa, and Yuki Kondo.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• Guthookd says:

Well, his record has really gone down hill but he was actually looking much improved in that last fight in the UFC. He lost it, but I thought he was moving better and his gas tank was better. His striking even looked more precise.

I wish Phil luck, but I gotta say…”come back”….nah…even if he won 3 in a row he’d still be 16-13. I think his days on the big stage have passed.

• stone says:

For the love of God, Hang’em up already Phil!

Phil is like a cat he’s got 9 lives… He’s a character and we need dudes that entertain in and out of the cage to give the sport personality BUT you still gotta win one every once in a while… Good luck NYBA

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I thought SF would pick him up with Jardine, Vera, Marcus and Kimbo. With all the money they are going to save when overeem, Mousasi, Diaz, Mo and Lawler earn their way into the UFC.

• Dufresne says:

I wouldn’t mind them picking up Marcus to be honest. He’s not the best and he’ll never be the best, but he might make for a fun fight against Scott Smith.

• BigDave says:

Phil “The Jersey Shore Reject” Baroni is fighting again? Really? Wow I’ll file that under Who in the hell gives a shit.

On top of being as dumb as a tree he is not even a has been fighter, he is a never was.