Ortiz vs. Nogueira bumped back to March 26 in Seattle

The UFC appears set to promote one of the biggest main-events in Fight Night History, as a scheduled clash between respected light heavyweights Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Tito Ortiz has been moved back from a PPV event in New Jersey a week earlier to serve as the headlining feature at Fight Night 24 on March 26 in Seattle.

News of the change was reported by MMAJunkie and was confirmed by Ortiz via Twitter.

Though Ortiz and Nogueira are similar in age, have found a great deal of success in the past, and are looking to rebound from a loss in their most-recent fights, the two ring-veterans are presently at a very different points in their career. “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” has lost four of his last five fights with a draw in the other and hasn’t beaten anyone other than Ken Shamrock in more than four years. Comparably, Nogueira had won seven straight before being outpointed by undefeated 205er Ryan Bader at UFC 119 in September and is 19-4 overall.

However, while each has endured some form of adversity as of late, their accomplishments in MMA cannot be denied. In addition to being one of the most popular champions in UFC history, the 15-8-1 Ortiz holds victories over a number of notable adversaries including Vitor Belfort, Wanderlei Silva, and Forrest Griffin. Nogueira has also walked away with his hands raised against elite-level opposition such as Dan Henderson and Alistair Overeem.

• COOL!! This is easily a PPV level fight as a co main or outstanding start to a night. Maybe after this people will quit bitching about Dana “Owing us one” for the Abu Dahbi debacle. I really home Minotoro finds a way to finish Tito. I havent liked Tito since he started making excuses for everything minus losing to Hamill. The only person he’s beat in the past four years is Jenna (oh…Im sorry ..low but probably true.)
    Great headliner for fight night….Seattle’s only 20 hours away….and I always wanted to go there…

• bigbadjohn says:

good to hear. I wouldn’t want to pay for a Tito fight anyways

• fanoftna33 says:

Great free fight( also about 20 hours drive for me) I think we will see a very good version of Nogueira this night vs a very ready Tito. Cant wait.

• STM199 says:

Great fight? Don’t get your hopes up! Tito is very ready? Tell me the last time that Tito has been ready for a fight? Back surgery or not, if it goes past the 1st round he has nothing left and gass’. I’m tired of Tito’s complaining, he got lucky with Forrest the first time and that was many moons ago.

I hope Nogueira pounds on him for a round and KO’s Tito in the second!

• fanoftna33 says:

yes Tito has come out for every fight saying we get to see the new improved Tito but has yet to deliver. But His job is on the line here and Nogueira hasnt looked good since the expendiables.

• boomnutz says:

i think this fight is a pretty good one, Dana’s capitalizing on same name value and getting a chance to probably show Tito the door and get Nog back in the thick of things, he should be too much to handle for him, i kinda though he won the Bader fight anyway, and at this point Bader has a lot more to offer than Tito…How many people do you think will watch this thinking Tito’s still good and he’s fighting the legend Noguiera?!?! i bet more than a few.

i’m sorry but 20 hours is long fucking way, i’d be in Florida driving that far…

• LiverPunch says:

This is a crazy fight for Ortiz to take. I think it will be his last in the UFC.
    It is only about 20 hours for me too … 20 hours on a jet though. I think I will watch this one for free on the box.

• Niv says:

20 hours, that’s dedication man I don’t know if I would consider driving 20 hours for a fight. I might make it down there as it thankfully is on a couple hours for me, looking forward to seeing Little Nog go, I too think Tito’s done after this one as well.

they got wise and realized tito will probably get man handled and that’s not PPV worthy… does nay body know when the tix go on sale for the NJ event?

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

As many early memories of greatness I have of Tito-He just seems like a swindler at this stage of the game-I know he’s hard to finish-so I have Lil Noggin winning by Decision