UFC finalizes card for September 25th PPV event

The Ultimate Fighting Championship has confirmed all eleven fights scheduled for next weekend’s UFC 119 card, including of course co-headlining bouts between former UFC heavyweight champ Frank Mir and Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, as well as 205-pound contenders Ryan Bader and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.

In addition to those match-ups, the main card will feature one-time lightweight title-holder Sean Sherk attempting to slow the rapid rise of undefeated 155-pound prospect Evan Dunham, Jeremy Stephens and Melvin Guillard undoubtedly throwing caution to the wind while banging it out on their feet, and another former champion, Matt Serra, in an Ultimate Fighter Season 4 Finale rematch against Indianapolis’ own Chris Lytle.

Also in action at the event, PRIDE veteran Mark Hunt will make his promotional debut against another newcomer to the Octagon, 9-0 Sean McCorkle, while talented wrestler CB Dollaway will take on submission-savvy Joe Doerksen with Matt “Meathead” Mitrione facing Joey Beltran in other preliminary action.

Here is a complete rundown of the officially announced UFC 119 card:

Thiago Tavares vs. Pat Audinwood
Mark Hunt vs. Sean McCorkle
TJ Grant vs. Julio Paulino
Waylon Lowe vs. Steve Lopez
Matt Mitrione vs. Joey Beltran
CB Dollaway vs. Joe Doersken
Jeremy Stephens vs. Melvin Guillard
Evan Dunham vs. Sean Sherk
Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Ryan Bader
Frank Mir vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic

I’m not uber excited for this ppv bit in the past when I feel this way about a card is usually when some good fights take place…

There’s a lot of notable fighters on the card that even casual fans would recognize- it doesn’t seem that UFC is promoting this as hard as they could, at least not in my region.

• Rich S. says:

What an awesome card.

As long as they both have the chins to make it last, Stephens/Guillard has easy potential to be FOTY.

The Lytle/Serra rematch will most likely be a slugfest too, seeing as how Serra has since discovered he can strike.

I get chills when I think about Rogerio/Bader, and I’m not sure what to expect from Mir/CC.

• Abelhadomel says:

<3 Matt Serra. Not sure if the PPV is worth ordering tho. Might have to just go to Hooters.

• Dufresne says:

This card has the potential to blow us out of the water. I’m absolutely getting this on ppv and I fully plan on screaming at my tv for most of the fights.

Serra v Lytle has my early pick for FotN. Both have good striking, but both are also ridiculous on the ground, so no matter where this fight goes it’s gonna be a war.

Pulling for Doersken to knock the douche off of Dollaway’s face and possibly teach him the proper way to wear a ball cap while he’s at it.

Hoping to see Dunham continue his rise, he looks like he’s got some major potential and a win over Sherk should put him in the top tier.

Guillard/Stephens should be a pretty good fight too. Guillard looked significantly better in his last couple fights and Stephens has never been (T)KO’d, so who knows what’s gonna happen?

Bader and Lil’ Nog has me pretty excited as well. Bader’s looked impressive so far and it’s interesting to see what he’ll show us when facing olympic level boxing and world class BJJ. Lil’ Nog is one of my all time favorites, but he struggled in his last fight so I’m curious to see how he comes out in this one.

And surprisingly enough, I don’t really care about the main event. I’m hoping that we get Cro Cop version 1.0 and Mir gets his cracked in his melon by a left high kick, but otherwise I don’t really care what happens in this fight. Especially since I should be close to a case in at this point.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

I like it. Not the best ever but I’m interested in a few fights all the same.

• Creature says:

im very excited 4 this card, cro cop/mir, bader/nog, sherk/dunham/ stephens/guillard, and serra/lytle all have big FOTN potential if the fighter bring it like they all can. but my pick is gonna be lytle/serra 4 FOTN. if not them then stephens/guillard

• elkymbo says:

It’s always the ones that you least expect that are quite often the best. I’m hanging for this one. Now rum or beer? Both? O.k then.