Karo Parisyan returning to the Octagon at UFC 123

Mixed Martial Arts is quickly becoming a “never say never” sport.

Karo Parisyan, who was told he would never fight again in the UFC by promotional president Dana White after withdrawing from a scheduled bout at the last second, has apparently been given a chance to redeem himself on MMA’s biggest stage and will return to the Octagon on November 20th at UFC 123.

News of Parisyan’s homecoming was reported by MMAFighting.

Parisyan’s opponent at the event is set to be Dennis Hallman. Hallman most recently defeated Ben Saunders by decision at UFC 117 and is a veteran of sixty professional MMA bouts. The 34-year old is 45-13-2 in his career with his most famous wins coming a decade-plus ago in a pair of bouts against welterweight icon Matt Hughes.

“The Heat” has gone 1-0 since parting ways with the UFC in early 2009 with a second-round submission of Ben Mortimer at an “Impact FC” event this past July. Prior to the win, Parisyan was 8-2 in his previous ten bouts with one “No Contest” as well due to testing positive for painkiller use after his UFC 94 fight with Dong Hyun Kim. He is 19-5 as a pro and considered one of the top judokas ever at 170-pounds.

UFC 123 is scheduled to take place at the Palace of Auburn Hills just outside Detroit, Michigan. The event is currently set to be headlined by a clash of light heavyweight contenders Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Lyoto Machida.

• JBAR says:

Maybe we will get to see Karo and Nate Diaz continue their spat from TUF. That would be interesting.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Do you know who I am, bro?

Hey Daley I Guess there’s always hope…

• MCM says:

I wonder if they are gonna have someone on stand by to fight Hallman, just in case?

I’ll start caring about Karo’s fights again when he can consistently show up to them.

• sides666 says:

Nate and karo needs to happen i would love to watch that fight

• Spoken says:

this is most likely hallmans last fight. finally we’ll get to see some of those wicked throws. hopefully its just a matter of time before people get the idea that world class judokas are the answer to all those world class wrestlers out there.

• hindsightufuk says:

this is great news, been watching some of Karo’s early fights recently and i was hoping this day would come. very very happy

• stone says:

Nate vs Karo would be awesome… I always wanted to see Karo n Matt Hughes go at it too, instead I got stuck seein Joe Riggs get owned by Hughes… Karo is a gamer and always goes hard! Karo vs Diego 2? Why NOT?

• cocoonofhorror says:

i love it when D’anus gets PWND by the Fertittas.

• Creature says:

i really never liked karo, i honestly dont care much 4 his return, best of luck 2 him.

• king mah mah says:

Glad to see Karo is getting his act together and getting a second chance after battling addiction to pain killers.

It’s no joke being addicted to that shit. I’ve seen friends and co-workers fall victim to it and lose their careers to it. Not saying that it isn’t mostly their fault, but it is easy for some people to get caught up in that kind of stuff if they have an additive personality.

I always enjoyed Karo’s fights and welcome his return. Especially since it will be near me and I can see it live!!! Can’t wait for this event!!! UFC- welcome back to the D!!! That’s my patent saying. Don’t steal it! LOL. Peace!

• king mah mah says:

*addictive* sp

• Matthew says:

not another “cry for the addicts” speech.

Karo fucked up. His fault. Not the painkillers.

Good luck to him anyway.

• Spoken says:

I think it is fairly safe to assume that you have never been addicted to anything in your life, or at least are in denial about it matthew. Its easy to get caught up, especially to something like painkillers since you need to take them post-injury. Sure he fucked up, but chemical dependency is no joke. Its not so easy as just stopping whenever you want.

• Angry Mike says:

This could be the first UFC “catch substance bout” instead of a catch weight bout. We have a bjj pothead v. a judo opiate addict. Could be a new trend.

• Matthew says:

Spoken – You assuming is exactly where i want you. You have no idea and are giving a man who willingly made the choice to have an addiction the benefit of the doubt. Should i feel sorry for the junkie who stole my tv aswell?

Any type of addiction is a choice, whether it be conscious or sub-conscious. You can deny that all you want, that doesn’t change the fact that it is true.

And any person who decides to not be selfish about there behaviour CAN stop when they want.
    How little you really know.

But rather than debate “chemical dependency” with you, I would like to revert to my original post by saying, stop crying for the guy. Just wish him luck, and save the soppy shit for your NA meetings.

• king mah mah says:

@Matthew- If it’s “sub-conscious” as you put it. Then how could it be by choice?………………

Do you know everything going on in your “sub-conscious”? I think not.

Get off your high horse and stop acting like a JACKASS!!!! Bitch!

• Matthew says:

No high horse here dickhead. Just not lying to myself like some of you are.
    And choices in life lead to subconscious decision or decision without applying thought.

Much like your response, wanker.

• boomnutz says:

Karo is serisously talented, hopefully he gets his shit together, it’d be nice if he could stop being a fatty too and found a home in the LW division

• fanoftna33 says:

I enjoy his fights and his style of fighting greatly. Hopefully he is better off mentally but after reading about his fight in Austrailla I dont think much has changed. I really wish the best for Karo but dont see this ending well.