“UFC on Versus 2” Bonus Information

Last night’s UFC event may have been the promotion’s second offering on Versus but, at least where performance bonuses were concerned, it was the “firsts” who ruled the evening.

Rising Brazilian star Charles Oliveira, who made his UFC debut on Sunday after racking up a 12-0 record on smaller shows, took home ”Submission of the Night”, as well as an extra $40,000 for the award, after securing an armbar against opponent Darren Elkins less than a minute into the first round of their bout.

Meanwhile, Takanori Gomi earned “Knockout of the Night” (and 40k) after leveling Tyson Griffin in their fight’s first frame. The devastating right hook he delivered en route to the win not only resulted in Gomi’s first victory in the UFC but also the first time Griffin had been finished in his 18-fight career.

Finally, Brian Stann’s comeback win over Mike Massenzio was named ”Fight of the Night” and netted both men an additional $40,000 of pay. The former Marine, believed to have lost the first two rounds of the bout, was able to lock in a triangle-choke with a few minutes left in the fight and procured the tap-out as a result. The submission was the first of Stann’s career.

The above bonus information was announced at the post-event press conference and reported by Sherdog.

• Angry Mike says:

Glad to see Stann bet some bonus money and the win. With his biography I can’t help but root for the guy.

• fanoftna33 says:

Cant argue with any of these picks, mostly because we didnt see Stann vs Massenzio. I thought Okami vs Monoz was a pretty good fight though, but if you asked me on Saturday who would get FOTN i would have bet money on Griffen vs Gomi.

• Angry Mike says:

Should’ve said “get”, not “bet”. Sheesh.

Who really would have predicted Gomi KOing Tyson… def. not me. after the fireball kids last fight I sent him out to pasture…

• hindsightufuk says:

the words Brian, Stann & triangle in the same sentence just seem a little odd
    cant wait to see it

• JabCrossHook says:

gomi lost to kenflo who would’ve probably dismantled tyson griffin so thats not a big surprise. i always thought gomi was a bit more crisper with his strikes than griffin. tyson looked good against frank trigg when he TKO’d him, but everybody TKO’d frank trigg.

• MCM says:

I think most of us were putting Gomi out to pasture, Rece Rock. I know I did. I curious to see who they put him up against now.

• fanoftna33 says:

Jabcrosshook ????? Tyson never fought Frank Trigg.

• Jak says:

That sub was awesome. There is a sh*tload of prospects suddenly emerging from the prelim cards!

• Creature says:

The griffin vs gomi fight literally made my jaw drop, i thought someone might have slipped me some shrooms lmao. jabcrosshook i dont believe gomi’s standup is crisper than tysons and i think tyson just got cought, it happens. and i dont believe kenflo would “dismantle” tyson, but im sure he would win. tyson griffin will be back and better than ever, hes a great fighter and i wont be surprised if hes champ 1 day. i say give him loser of kenflo/maynard. that would be interesting

• MMA-LOGIC says:

So Gomi’s bonus alone was the same amount that Carwin got paid in total for the biggest fight in MMA history?.

• moosebaby02 says:

Logic
    i was thinking the same thing. scary eh

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

As far as MMA fighter pay goes in the UFC-we don’t hear the actual truth-I mean did you see Thiago Alves pull up to training camp in a Ferrari powered Mazzarati?-UFC countdown

• MMA-LOGIC says: