Frank Mir vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira II official for UFC 119 in Indianapolis

You cant take the UFC‘s first trip to Indianapolis off the rumor mill as the promotion recently made the trip official with the unveiling of UFC 119.

UFC 119 has been booked for September 25 from the Conseco Field House in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Headlining the card will be a rematch between former UFC Heavyweight Champions Frank Mir and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. Fighting alongside his brother in the co-main event will be Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, who faces off with the undefeated Ryan Bader in a light heavyweight attraction.

Also made official for the card today was a welterweight showdown between Matt Serra and Chris Lytle.

Tickets go on sale for the event on July 24.

As much as I think Frank didn’t need to take this fight, now Frank is in this fight and he needs to win this fight… If he doesn’t get the “W” I can’t really imagine him having any further impact on the HW division…and his thoughts of moving to LHW should be green lighted.

• manny says:

Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about this match up.
    I guess I will cheer for Nog. I hope he gets his revenge although it wont be easy.
    I really dont wanna see Mir win b/c I dont want to see Mir vs Lesnar III. There’s no point for a third fight to happen, Mir just needs to give up on beating lesnar b/c he is not. Let the new breed of hw try to take down lesnar. ( of course i mean cain, dos santos)

• bigbadjohn says:

Agreed Rece. its a must win for BOTH fighters if they want to remain relevant in the HW div. I hope Frank uses this as an occasion to get a win and also to shed his newly gained weight to prepare for a move to LHW. As for Nog, even if he gets redemption, i can’t see him making a run at the HW belt ever again. Instead maybe he joins Frank at LHW for a rubber match?

• Creature says:

Im going with big nog beating mir, i honestly think if the nog we saw take on couture comes in than mir is in serious trouble, and i really just dislike mir, im going with bader beating lil nog, and lytle beating serra, i say lytle and serra will prolly be fight of the night

• bigbadjohn says:

Creature did you see Lytle Serra the first time? Zzzz.. but the potential IS there. And the Nog you saw against Couture was impressive, but Randy isnt as heavy as Frank. I suspect Frank will have a power advantage for the first time in a while and he’ll roll with it.

• stone says:

I got Mir! I think Mir won the 1st time fair n square… Nog tried to blame the loss on staff, flu or antibiotics or something like that… Fact of the matter is he’s just too damn slow!!! Big Tim Sylvia would’ve beat that ass if he would’ve kept it standing… The only thing that keeps Nog relevant these days is the win over Couture. Too bad Randy lost that one… Nog could’ve already been fighting in Strikeforce by now!

• stone says:

I like Bader winning, via GnP! I think Serra KOs Lytle… I love me some Lytle n Serra but, Serra hits like a heavy weight… Not to mention he gots a boxing Guru in his corner (Ray Longo), I hate to choose sides but, when you’re betting shots of vodka on fights… You must choose wisely!

• Creature says:

Yes bigbadjohn i did see the 1st fight and i agree it wasnt all that exciting, but that fight is the reason why lytle is king of the FOTN honors now, serra and lytle both bring it, both love 2 slug and hit hard, and if it goes 2 the ground, both are very skilled there as well

• mu_shin says:

MIr’s talk of going light heavy verges on the delusional, as much as I like and respect him. Imagining that he could shed sixty pounds and be effective strains the bounds of credibility, especially after all the work he did to put on the extra twenty to get in the ring with Brock.

Noguiera has been a great champion, but I think this is a case where his fighting MO has been so thoroughly analyzed and scrutinized that he no longer has any surprises in store for anyone he meets in the ring. Tons of respect for his place in the sport, and for the wars he’s walked through in the past, but I see Mir repeating his success against Big Nog, leaving me to wonder what’s next for both of these warriors in the context of the current heavyweight division in the UFC, unless of course Frank really does dump 40-60 pounds and gets into the mix at LHW. Not…