Paulo Filho flashes crowd during “Impact FC 2” weigh-ins from Australia

Fighters having to completely disrobe in order to make their contracted weight limit is nothing new to the world of MMA, but most of the athletes make it a point to hide their genitalia from the crowd behind a towel.

Today in Australia, Paulo Filho elected against the towel.

Jordan Breen from Sherdog was on the scene in Sydney when Filho apparently caused a scene during his final trip to the scales. It looks like Filho missed weight on his initial attempt and was forced to the sauna by his opponent for this evening’s “Impact FC 2” event, Denis Kang (who had already made weight). An hour later Filho returned, covered in sweat, and took all of his clothes off in front of the less than thrilled audience to make 186 lbs, and the fight will go on.

All  fighters made weight for the event where Ken Shamrock is slated to face off with Pedro Rizzo in the headliner.

A full list of weigh-in results from the event are below:

Ken Shamrock (212) vs. Pedro Rizzo (244)

Paul Daley (171) vs. Daniel Acacio (171)

Brad Morris (253) vs. Soa Palelei (289)

Paulo Filho (186) vs. Denis Kang (185)

Murilo “Ninja” Rua (186) vs. Jeremy May (186)

Murilo Bustamante (185) vs. Jesse Taylor (185)

Peter Graham (252) vs. Jim York (256)

Glover Teixeira (206) vs. Marko Peselj (205)

Richie Vaculik (144) vs. Glenn Taylor Smith (143)

Shane Nix (169) vs. Manuel Rodriguez (170)

• MickeyC says:

MAN, I wouldn’t mind seeing these fights. Some decent fighters!

• this card really shows how deep MMA really is now.

• MCM says:

Damn right it looks like a good card. Too bad things fell apart with Bob Sapp, that guy cracks me up. I’m guessing that’s why Sao Palelei weighs so much.

• hindsightufuk says:

still trying to find Impact fc 1 to download

this looks like an entertaining card alright

Woohoo Rua!

Been a while since I got to see him fight. Nice guillotine!

• Dufresne says:

Kang v Filho, here we go.

Round 1 goes to Kang.

Kang kept Filho on his back and managed to go from full guard to half guard to side control and really the only thing Filho did was get it back to half guard.

• Dufresne says:

Round 2 should go to Filho, but it’s possible that a judge could have given it to Kang.

Filho got a decent shot in before getting the fight to the ground. From there he worked his way to full mount and I thought he was about to finish it. Kang managed a sweep with about 1:20 left in the round and got to halfguard, but otherwise didn’t really do any damage.

• Dufresne says:

And I have to say that the Impact commentators are much, much better than SF’s. They both seem to have a solid understanding of MMA and are pretty well spoken.

Plus, they’re Australian, so their accents rock.

• Dufresne says:

Round 3 was about an even split.

Filho held superior position longer, but Kang manged some beautiful sweeps, took Filho’s back, and almost locked in a Kimura.

Split Draw.

Guess the judges down under saw about the same thing I did.

• Dufresne says:

Haven’t seen Newton fight in a while either. Had to check his record to see how he’s been doing.

How in the hell did I miss him fighting Shonie Carter?

• Dufresne says:

For some reason they’re showing a few fights from Impact FC 1 tonight…
    Kinda sucks when you already know who wins and how.

Have to say I like Brian Ebersole’s chest decoration better than I like Brock’s.

Dude shaved his chest hair into an arrow pointing at his head so his opponent can find the target, lol. That’s ballsy.

• Dufresne says:

Kinda sucks that Sapp isn’t fighting. He’s not a great MMA fighter, but there’s just something entertaining about seeing that big SOB throw fists the size of VWs.

• Dufresne says:

Wow, that wasn’t how I expected that fight to end.

I mean I though Palelei was the favorite, but it’s not that often that a heavyweight/super-heavyweight pulls a Kimura out for a win.

• Dufresne says:

Man Acacio is a tough dude. Semtex has absolutely blasted him with a ton of shots and he’s not still conscious, he just scored a takedown into half guard.

• Dufresne says:

Daley needs to work on his ground game. He looks good on the feet, but Koscheck manhandled him on the ground and he just looked lost on his back against Acacio in the 2nd round.

Acacio looked pretty sloppy going for the GnP and left huge holes that even a moderately skill submission practitioner could have capitalized on.

Luckily for Daley, Acacio’s ground game blows as badly as his does so he made it through the round and got the stoppage in the 3rd.

• Dufresne says:

Ken Shamrock v Pedro Rizzo… Man, feels like it’s 2000 again.

Except Shamrock is significantly uglier these days.

• Dufresne says:

Oh come on! It’s pronounced “Hizzo” with an H!

• Dufresne says:

Shamrock’s age is really showing here. Rizzo is picking him apart in a bad way.

And DAMN those leg kicks are NASTY!

• Dufresne says:

Can’t believe Big John didn’t step in and stop it when Shamrock went to one knee and dropped his guard from that last kick.
    I know Shamrock has earned the opportunity to make a comeback, but the dude is 46 and hasn’t exactly been tearing things up lately.

Hope this is the last fight we see from Ken. He’s supposedly a pretty good coach and he’s got enough name recognition to be able to do just about anything he wants anywhere in MMA. Well, except be a commentator for SF.

Although that might finally result in Ken and Frank throwing down…

• MCM says:

Thanks for the input Duf. Where were you able to watch the fights?

• Dufresne says:

I found a video stream online.

I’ve posted a few feeds here before, but I had never thought to check to see if it was okay. I got an unusual message when I tried to post some for this event, and that’s what finally reminded me that I should probably get permission before doing something like that. So I emailed the folks here at 5oz to ask what the policy was, and they basically said it’s cool to post links as long as they don’t lead to pirated or illegal video feeds.

I’m not positive of the exact legal status of the links I had, so I felt it was safest to not put them up. The last thing I want is to get 5oz or the folks that provide it in some kind of legal trouble because I was careless.