Keith Jardine vs. Trevor Prangley set for Shark Fights 13

Amarillo, TX. – July 16, 2010 -Texas based mixed martial arts fight promotion company, Shark Fight Promotions, confirmed today that Keith “The Dean of Mean” Jardine and Trevor Prangley will headline Shark Fights 13. This will be Jardine’s first post-UFC challenge since his recent departure from the organization. Jardine will face fellow UFC veteran and current Shark Fights light-heavyweight champion, Trevor Prangley, in a non-title bout. Shark Fights 13 will take place on Saturday, September 11 at the Amarillo Civic Center in Amarillo, Texas.

According to Brent Medley, president of Shark Fight Promotions, “We are very excited that Keith Jardine and Trevor Prangley are fighting for our organization. Jardine had a lot of options, as several promoters were clamoring to sign him, but he chose to fight for us. Prangley is our light heavyweight champion and he always puts on an exciting fight. We feel that Jardine vs. Prangley is a very compelling match up for any organization.”

Keith Jardine (15-8-1) is looking to bounce back after a loss to Matt Hamill at the Ultimate Fighter 11 finale last month in Las Vegas. Jardine, who is best known for fighting in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), plans to defeat Prangley and add another notable win to his record. Jardine has defeated some of the best fighters in the business, including Brandon Vera and former UFC champions Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell.

According to Keith Jardine, “To prove that I’m still a top contender I need to fight for credible organizations and face high caliber opponents. Shark Fights has become a leading promoter over the last two years. The promotion has a huge following.”

Jardine went on to say, “I’ve known Brent Medley for several years, and in my opinion, he is one of the top matchmakers in the industry. When Brent approached me about fighting for Shark Fights and facing Trevor Prangley, I jumped at the opportunity. Prangley has an impressive list of notable wins and has only lost twice over the past three years.”

Prangley (22-6-1) was on a six fight win streak (6 wins, 1 draw) prior to his recent loss to Tim Kennedy at Strikeforce “Live” in Los Angeles. The South African Olympic alternate has fought for some of the top fight organizations in the industry and currently holds the Shark Fight light- heavyweight title. Prangley holds impressive wins over top-notch fighters such as Chael Sonnen, and Travis Lutter.

Prangley is looking forward to stepping into the cage to face Jardine; “I’m looking forward to this fight. I’m ready to step into the cage and redeem myself. I’m not happy with my lackluster performance against Kennedy. I plan to come back strong. Keith is a tough opponent. It’s great to see that Shark Fights is attracting more high-level fighters. They are a top-notch fight organization. They treat the fighters well and put on great shows.”

Jardine vs. Prangley is just one of many compelling match ups on the upcoming Shark Fight Promotions fight card. Shark Fights 13 is stacked with high-caliber marquee fighters. According to Medlley, it is the fight organization’s most impressive card to date. Shark Fights will be announcing the full fight card and additional details about the event in the coming weeks. To learn more about Shark Fight Promotions, please visit www.sharkfights.com.

Should be a good fight, glad to see Jardine landed on his feet… My guess is he’ll be SF bound his next go around…

• Dufresne says:

Prangley is no joke, but I think this is a pretty favorable matchup for Jardine. Prangley is mainly a submission/decision fighter and Jardine has never been finished by decision, and has been on the right side of decisions more often than not.

He may have lost 7 out of his last 11 fights, but they were all to top tier fighters (except Houston) with 4 being via KO. Prangley only has 4 TKOs with 2 being by corner/doctor stoppage and the other two being against relative nobodies, so it’s not exactly like he’s gonna be in there with a guy that throws like Wandy, Bader, Thiago Silva, or Houston.

Since Prangley has never really been KO’d, and I don’t see Jardine wanting to play on the ground too much, I’m gonna go with Jardine via split decision.

• manny says:

Next!

• Angry Mike says:

Prangley’s wrestling could be a problem for Jardine, especially if Prangley is aggressive with the takedown attempts.. Jardine has always struggled against aggressive fighters who push him early. If Prangley does that, it may give him the advantage. Hanging back or hoping to counter wlll play into Jardine’s hands. I like the match up, though.

• Guthookd says:

I like this match up too.

I’m going to have to go with Jardine for the TKO round 1 or 2. Even though Trevor has a great record it seems like everytime I watch him fight he looses. Maybe it will work to his advantage that I will not be seeing this fight live…LOL.

I would have liked to see Keith in SF, but this is a good step to get there I suppose.

• Dufresne says:

Crap, more typos.

That was supposed to be “has never been finished by submission

• boomnutz says:

i almost feel like Jardine will find his way back to the UFC. Especially if a fighter gets hurt late and he needs a replacement, i mean he did good work for the UFC except derailing Forrest and Chuck (Dana was probably PISSED when he beat Chuck and screwed up that rematch)

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Good to see Jardine getting work so soon.

Not sure if he could really hang in UFC LHW division tho. Too many good fighters who are just thatmuch better. SF would be good for him once he gets a win or two.

• MCM says:

Sharkfights is a good promotion and Prangley is a tough opponent. Jardine is not taking any baby steps now that he’s out of the UFC. Hope he can pull this one off.

Jardine is a huge name for any of the smaller orgs to have on their bill and I can see a lot of them clamoring to get him. Strikeforce has the best lineup outside the UFC for him (Sobral, Sokoudjou, Mousasi, ect.) But I see him trying to get two or so wins in even smaller orgs like MFC, Sharkfights, WCF then making a go back to the UFC.
    I personally would love to see him back with Zuffa, but if I have to be honest, he’d be more competetive at Strikeforce.

• dewfish says:

Jardine wants back in the UFC. That means he can’t sign with strikeforce. If he did that, it would be seen as disrespect to Dana, then it becomes harder to get back in the UFC. he wants to dominate the best guys from the smaller organizations so that when the UFC is looking for new people, they have to look his way because he is beating everyone. If he can pull it off, more power to him.

• MMA-LOGIC says:

He is going to lose this one too. Prangly via dec.. I just think Trevor Prangley is the better fighter and Jardine is on a downward spiral.
    I might be letting my loathing of Jardine cloud my judgement though. His style really smells.