Brock Lesnar, Shane Carwin and others test clean during UFC 116 drug testing

In total, fifteen fighters from UFC 116 were tested for any traces of illegal substances in their system, and all fifteen tests came back squeaky clean.

FiveOuncesofPain.com recently learned of the test results through the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s Executive Director Keith Kizer.

The following fighters were tested during UFC 116: Brock Lesnar, Shane Carwin, Chris Leben, Yoshihiro Akiyama, Chris Lytle, Matt Brown, Krzysztof Soszynski, Stephan Bonnar, Brendan Schaub, Kendall Grove, Gerald Harris, Ricardo Romero, Jon Madsen, George Stripoulos and Daniel Roberts. All test results came back negative.

UFC 116 took place on July 3, 2010 and featured a main event between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin for the UFC heavyweight title.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

I would expect nothing less.

• bigbadjohn says:

Who was the last fighter to test positive in the UFC? Was it Leben?

• bigbadjohn says:

I know Karo didnt fight because he was going to fail the drug test but who is the last guy to actually fight and fail?

• Dufresne says:

bigbadjohn, I went through all the events since Leben got popped, fight by fight, to check if there had been any failed tests since then (this is what happens when I accidentally take two adderall instead of one) and I was pretty happy with the findings.

Leben tested positive for steroids at UFC: 89. Since then only Karo has been busted when he tested positive for pain meds after his fight with Dong Hyun Kim at UFC: 94. That means that in the last 31 UFC events there have been 0 positive tests. Not as high as I’d like it (the UFC has had 155 events total, I’d have liked all 155 to have tested clean), but considering how other major sports are doing, I’ll take it.

I wish they would keep a running list of simple facts like this across MMA, and a lot of other sports to be honest, but I haven’t been able to find anything of the sort.

• bigbadjohn says:

Pretty much as I expected, thank you for your research efforts, Du. As for the Adderall reference, you should check out Concerta. Its the shit. also Karo never actually fought Kim, I’m pretty sure he backed out a day or 2 before… could be wrong tho

• Dufresne says:

Karo fought Kim to a Split DC before it was overturned by the athletic commission. He did pull out of a fight with Dustin Hazelett the day before weigh ins though.

On Concerta: I’ve taken that in the past, it’s basically slow release Ritalin and it doesn’t work too well for me. I’m on the strongest dose of Adderall which works great when I only take one, but I screwed up and took one before and after my lunch. Oops.

• bigbadjohn says:

Oh shit i completely forgot that was Hazelett Thanks again Du.

And I’ve never tried Adderall, but Concerta is quite long-lasting and has worked wonders for me. Just kills my appetite, unfortunately. What a strange topic to be discussing, hey? . Well, come to think of it – it’s quite fitting, good thing they don’t piss test after college exams or I WOULD test positive for Performance-enhancing substances.