Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle set for UFC 119

A welterweight bout between former UFC champion Matt Serra and Chris Lytle is slated for UFC 119.

The news of the bout came in a recent report on MMAJunkie.com.

UFC 119 is expected for September 25 from the Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Serra recently rebounded from a May 2009 defeat at the hands of Matt Hughes with a stunning first round TKO over Frank Trigg in February of this year, while Lytle is currently riding a three-fight win streak in the UFC with wins over Kevin Burns, Brian Foster and Matt Brown.

Also expected for the card is a rematch between Frank Mir and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, along with a light heavyweight showdown between Ryan Bader and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, and a heavyweight fight first reported by FiveOuncesofPain.com pitting Sean McCorkle against PRIDE veteran Mark Hunt.

• king mah mah says:

This card is looking better and better. This sounds like a fun fight, but I see Lytle winning it early.

• MCM says:

I don’t see either fighter finishing the other. Their BJJ should cancel each other out and even though Serra has serious power, no one has ever stopped Lytle.
    This fight should go to dec. and hopefully it will be a lot more fun than their last one. Serra is always a game opponent and Cris stated after the last time they met that he would no longer fight “not to loose” and has since proven it.
    Should be a great fight, and as much as I love Matt Serra, Chris Lytle will probably get the split this time.

• Jstew3785 says:

UFC 119- The Rematch

should be a good fight… I’m taking Serra.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Lytle has something to prove and I think he does it via 2nd round KO or TKO

• stone says:

Oh boy, a battle of “ol’ schoolers”… This one should be good… I like’m both, so I’m not picking sides but, I wanna see a WAR!

• fanoftna33 says:

Chris has been taking a lot more punches lately and Serra hits very hard, i see Matt getting a ko here.

• Rich S. says:

This is a nice change in fighting style for Lytle..

He’s been going up against brawler after brawler lately, but now he gets a kind of technical fighter..

Don’t forget, Serra squeeked by Lytle to get his title shot against GSP and become the Welterweight champion..

This should be a good one.. Lytle typically loses to guys that can keep him on the ground and keep from getting submitted.. Serra’s one of those guys. Now that Serra likes striking, though, it could be a totally different fight.. I suppose I’ll take Lytle..

• Dufresne says:

No idea.
    Lytle has been more active and has been on more of a streak lately, but you can’t count out a guy with the power and BJJ that Serra brings. I kinda want Lytle to win since I love his fighting style both when he just all out brawls and when he brings that sick BJJ out for reverse triangle + straight armbar combos. Plus, Serra’s boston accent just grates on my southern ears.

• MCM says:

you know Serra’s a New Yorker right 😉

• Angry Mike says:

Lytle barely lost to Serra, if he lost at all. He’s improved and has won
    consistently. Serra hasn’t fought consistently, hasn’t won consistently an
    d hasn’t improved. Lytle by ko or tko.

• Dufresne says:

“you know Serra’s a New Yorker right ;)”

It all sounds like broken glass and garbage compactors to my ears.

• hindsightufuk says:

thats a good rematch, look forward to it

Howdy,

Im a NYer..so I take offense to being compared 2 Bostonians… : ) Even though they are just a
    “Hoot ‘na holler” from NY… we are not exactly ” Kissin’ Kin” if you know what i mean… :)

Most Financially influential city in the world and we are the ones that talk funny…hmm I don’t buy it…. I Reckon I should watch more Darn tootin’ CMT!

Oh and… Y’all come back now, yea hear.

Like that”s not annoying?! :)

• Dufresne says:

Lol, I will admit that there are some backwoods retards that sound like that, and they even annoy me. But I’m also proud to say that I can use the words “y’all,” “fixin,” and “holler” in my regular sentences :)

• boomnutz says:

excuse me, but i take a offense that, a beantown accent is like a music compared to a new york accent, oh and by the way, i don’t think i’ve ever heard Serra referred to as technical, i’ve heard brawler plenty of times though, this should be a good fight though, and i hope Lytle wins just because he has more to gain, i don’t think Serra can ever climb the ladder again, plus Lytle’s been the man lately 2 SICK submission wins

I was just ribbin’ yea… it’s all in good fun. Just keeping it light. : )

• MCM says:

For the record, “y’all” may have originated in the south but it is now in common use everywhere. I use and know people that use it extensively in Detroit, St. Louis and even when I lived in Boston.

P.S.
    Yankees Suck……y’all. 😉

Haahaaa… I’m a Mets fan, so that’s all good…y’all. 😉

The only thing I’m a fan of in Boston is if the UFC comes to there town and Bill Buckner!

• hindsightufuk says:

i dont understand i a fucking word any of you are saying!

• Dufresne says:

“For the record, “y’all” may have originated in the south but it is now in common use everywhere.”

And you’re welcome for that :)

• boomnutz says:

i honestly never hear people use y’all…just saying, but i wish i did, i love hearing a southern girl y’all… it’s a beautiful thing. And why not too, you all just takes too long and sounds funny, btw i have no qualms with bill buckner, i’m too young to remember 86 anyway, but from what i understand the dude was one of our MVPs that year, and was consequently tourtured for years, i feel for him, as for the Mets, and their fans, i feel for you too….

• Jstew3785 says:

boomnutz- you should come to Texas, where I live… Everyone says y’all. But all my family is originally from Ohio so I am used to hearing y’uns- What are y’uns doing? And they say “Pop” instead of a soda or coke. Everything is Texas is a coke, regardless if it’s Dr Pepper, Pepsi, Sprite etc.

Hey it’s tough being a Mets fan but that’s nothing theres alot more tougher things to deal with everyday just commuting to work in NYC, Mets are the least of my worries…

and I’m 31 years old, geez boomnutz you make it sound like I’m 60… I was a lil guy in 86 but i remember going to the parade with my dad and I’ll probably have to hold on to that memory for a long time to come cause who knows when the Mets will actually win a WS again?!

Jstew3785 says: “…Everything is Texas is a coke, regardless if it’s Dr Pepper, Pepsi, Sprite etc.”

Now that’s some funny shit.

• MCM says:

Ah, Colloquialisms. Good times.

• Dufresne says:

“Everything is Texas is a coke, regardless if it’s Dr Pepper, Pepsi, Sprite etc.”

Same here in TN. Makes family reunions kinda confusing when I go visit my northern family members and ask them what kind of cokes they have…

5oz of Soft drinks……