UFC 116 Weigh-In Results; Lesnar and Carwin tip the scales at 265 lbs.

All fighers slated to participate in this weekend’s UFC 116 event are weighed in and ready for combat.

Headlining the card will be a heavyweight title unification bout between Brock Lesnar, who came in at 265 lbs., and Shane Carwin, who tipped the scales at 265 lbs. as well.

UFC 116 will take place tomorrow evening, July 3, from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

A full list of weigh-in results for the event are listed below:

Brock Lesnar (265) vs. Shane Carwin (265)

Yoshihiro Akiyama (185) vs. Chris Leben (186)

Stephan Bonnar (205) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (205)

Kurt Pellegrino (155) vs. George Sotiropoulos (156)

Matt Brown (171) vs. Chris Lytle (170)

Brendan Schaub (238) vs. Chris Tuchscherer (255)

Seth Petruzelli (205) vs. Ricardo Romero (206)

Kendall Grove (184) vs. Goran Reljic (186)

Dave Branch (185) vs. Gerald Harris (185)

Forrest Petz (170) vs. Daniel Roberts (169)

Jon Madsen (254) vs. Karlos Vemola (222)

• MickeyC says:

Nice to see these weigh ins are shown on regular cable now. Shows how far MMA has come.

I thought it was funny that rogan introduced Seth as tbe guy who single handedly took out elite xc… Man this ppv better be kick ass

• LiverPunch says:

How much does Carwin weigh at fight time? I hear Lesnar will be around 285

• bigbadjohn says:

The old Lesnar would cut 20 or more pounds for weigh-ins but what Ive heard last is that he was quite happy not having to lose much for today. The weight difference will be very minimal with both men probably hovering around 270

• Creature says:

Hopefully theres no BS ref calls and if any of the fights go 2 decision no BS judge calls.. but thats wishful thinking lol but very excited 4 this card, go lytle, leben, and carwin :)

• Jstew3785 says:

Lesnar didn’t dwarf Carwin like a lot of people said. They looked roughly the same size with Lesnar being slightly taller. Anyone notice Carwin looking drawn in? He started chugging water as soon as he stepped off the scales. Hopefully the cut does not adversely affect him. I always root for both guys so I’m a little torn. I’m slightly pulling for Carwin tonight but won’t be disappointed regardless of the outcome, as long as it’s a good fight. Overall just hoping for a decent night of fights.

• James Goyder says:

So the general consensus is that neither fighter cut much weight and both men will weigh close to 265 come fight night?

• stone says:

Hell YEAH Creature! We’re on the same page! Lytle, Leben and Carwin here as well!

• bigbadjohn says:

Watching this fight you will be reminded of a GSP title defence. Carwin will get outclassed due to advantages in athleticism, strength and conditioning. Just Lesnar has one helluva an abrasive attitude doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a mean work ethic, superior physique and unparalleled natural athleticism for his size. Forget his WWE-like antics, its the beforehand mentioned attributes that win you a fight.

• Dufresne says:

From what I remember, Brock used to weigh in around 290-300 before cutting and would walk in at about 285, but now he’s only weighing about 280-285, so he’ll probably be fighting at about 280 if I had to guess. That’s one of the benefits of coming from a wrestling background, he knows how to cut weight and put it back on quickly.
    I don’t know if I’ve ever heard what Carwin walks around at, but just from looking at their size differences, I’d say he probably weighs about 5-10 pounds less that Lesnar.

• James Goyder says:

Didn’t Brock say on the UFC 116 countdown that he was walking around at 265?

• Dufresne says:

I just looked it up and you’re right, he did say that with his current training regimin he doesn’t have to cut weight to make 265.

I think I heard that he was up to 285ish after building his muscle mass back up post surgery where he used to weigh in at almost 300 pounds when he wasn’t training for a fight.

Not sure how this could affect the fight though. Without weight cutting his cardio will be better, but without the extra weight at the fight it will make it harder for him to control and tire out a guy on the ground. If he’s been doing this kind of training before every fight and I just never heard, I guess it’s a moot point.