UFC signs undefeated Korean knockout artist Dong-Yi Yang

The newest addition to the stacked UFC middleweight roster comes all the way from Korea in the form of undefeated knockout artist Dong-Yi Yang.

The promotion made the news of Yang’s inking public in a release earlier today.

Sporting an unblemished record of 9-0, Yang has established a reputation as a vicious finisher while finishing 8 of his victories via TKO and 1 by submission.

Although he will compete at 185 lbs. in the UFC, “The Hammer” has previously notched victories as high up as heavyweight.

No debut date or opponent has been announced for Yang at this point but more news concerning this Korean prospect is expected to be released shortly.

• bigbadjohn says:

Set him up against the loser of Belcher Maia, or Sexiyama Leben orrr maybe throw him to Wandy right off the bat?

• MCM says:

I’m thinking A-train or CB. Maybe Lawler just to see where he stands.
    Not to knock on him but he doesn’t look that big, 5’11” 195lb, he may be able to make WW. It looks like he has only fought one dude with a wining record, but since he’s knocking them all out, I guess he needs a step up in competition.

• Guthookd says:

Sweet. I hope he’s just like the Korean Zombie!!!

• Twiztid Ninja says:

I think Belcher would be the best fight but he would probably be pissed he had to fight a newcomer. But I think that would be a helluva fight!

• MickeyC says:

I would be willing to bet win or loose he will not fight yama. At least not right away. Dana is tryin to break in to japan/korea like he has been in england & Aussie. Seems to me that he would not put the most well known fighters from these areas togeather right away. Would be better to use them both against Americans to get the eastern fans involved. Maybe put them togeather on the first BIG PPV card there. Speaking of which I hope the first couple from there are free like the England one were when the UFC made there jump there.

Funny you say that guthooked they come out of the same camp- Korean top team

• Dufresne says:

Only one fight made it to the 3rd round, none to the judges. Either he’s a complete beast or he desperately needs stiffer competition.

Maybe both.