“Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum” Live Results

Once again it’s on and FiveOuncesofPain.com will be here all evening to make sure you are kept up to date with all of the latest live results and happenings from “Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum“.

The event will be taking place from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, California while airing live on Showtime.

Headlining the card will be a heavyweight showdown between Fedor Emelianeniko and Fabricio Werdum, while Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos will be putting her 145 pound female title on the line against Jan “Cuddles” Finney in the co-headliner of the evening.

A full set of live results from the event are listed below:

Bobby Stack def. Derrick Burnsed via split decision (29-28, 27-30, 29-28)

Yancey Medeiros def. Gareth Joseph via knockout (punches) – Round 2, 1:19

Bret Bergmark def. Vagner Rocha via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-26)

Chris Cope def. Ron Keslar via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:32

Josh Thomson def. Pat Healy via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 4:27

Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos def. Jan Finney via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 2:56

Cung Le def. Scott Smith via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 1:46

Fabricio Werdum def. Fedor Emelianenko via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1, 1:09

• Dufresne says:

That was a pretty good fight. Good grappling all around.

• Dufresne says:

Did Overeem just call out the winner of Fedor/Werdum? I don’t know if either of them are willing to wait three more years to fight though….

• Dufresne says:

Not gonna lie, SF commentators kinda piss me off. You shouldn’t describe any fight as “an easy win” even if it appears that way. If they lose you look like a moron, and if they win it takes away from the legitimacy of challengers and makes your organization look bad.

• Dufresne says:

How is the ref not calling this? This chick is a terrible ref. Finney is completely turtled up and eating shots, and this dumb broad is just letting her get slammed.

• Dufresne says:

Not sure if I’m allowed to post this or not, but http://www.justin.tv/emmatv92 is streaming this live and free.

• bigbadjohn says:

Wow. worst non stoppage officiating ive ever seen in Cyborg fight. Just cuz Finney is a alive doesnt mean shes defending herself.

• Dufresne says:

Kim Winslow, you have to be the worst MMA ref I have ever seen.

Have to give Finney props though, she’s got serious guts.

• Dufresne says:

About damn time that was called. Winslow needs to be disciplined for that garbage. Finney got dropped 5+ times and spent the last minute plus of round one in a fetal or turtle position not even trying to defend herself.

• cocoonofhorror says:

why they let Jan Finney fight Wandy is beyond me.

• Dufresne says:

Okay, Frank Shamrock is retiring at the age of 37, but for some reason Ken is still ruining his legacy at the age of 46…

• cocoonofhorror says:

who better to introduce Frank Shamrock by running down his life’s accomplishments than….Frank Shamrock! LMAO!

cuddles should be proud- she just went toe to toe with a man for a round and a half… That fight was brutal – good job ref?!

Shamrock should retire those braces,feels like they have been in for like 3 years…if they ain’t fixed by now they ain’t going to be… To bad Ken didn’t walk out in the middle of his speech and challenge him.

Coker needs to lay off the krispy kremes… His head n kneck look like a baked ham… They could have atleast presented shamrock with a coffee mug or something…here frank a free m-1 tshirt now go back to work.

• Dufresne says:

Scott was looking good early, but after get got tagged with that straight left he hasn’t been the same. Every time it looks like he’s about to clear the cobwebs Le punches him in the head again.

• Dufresne says:

That spinning back kick may have been the beginning of the end.

• Dufresne says:

That was actually really impressive. I’m not normally a fan of flashy kicks, but you can land them with that kind of frequency they’re devastating.

• cocoonofhorror says:

Le looked really good. too bad he’s 38 instead of 23.

• Dufresne says:

I can tell you what he did differently. He kicked him in the liver and finished it off when he had the chance. He didn’t take unnecessary risks and didn’t get KO’d. That’s what he did differently. What the hell kind of question is that?

This guy blows at interviewing.

Wow… That kick doesn’t even look like it connected all the way?! Hands of steel def wishes he didn’t use those hands to sign for the rematch…sucks for him- but seriously that kick really didn’t look like it hit it’s mark

• Dufresne says:

I don’t think the kick landed flush, it looks like it hit the liver and I think the spinning back kick before hit the same place, but with a lot more force. I’m thinking the first was more powerful, but the second hit an already damaged area.

Shamrock should have just unretired and challenged Le for shots and giggles

Shamrock should have just unretired and challenged Le for shits and giggles

Yes that sounds right dufresne, wasn’t sure where that first kick hit him.

Kim winslow is getting alot of action tonight huh… Rubbing on the fighters… Does she do cup checks?

• Dufresne says:

Holy shit!!!!! My internet cuts for a few seconds and when I get back Fedor loses!!!!!!!!

• Dufresne says:

Damn I wish I had put money on that…

Yeah mutha fucka!!!!! Isn’t that the way he beat his brother too?! Yeah baby !!!

Awesome, simply awesome. He made it look easy. One guys stock has gone up and one guys has imploded.

• Makington says:

Dana just creamed himself.

Seriously though, wow. I’ll be the first to admit I gave Werdum 0% and am just stunned. I don’t know what to think right now. Just wow.

• moosebaby02 says:

i just lost my feed and missed the whole thing. what the happened

• bigbadjohn says:

Wow. Shocked and embarassed for my Fedor smack talk

• gy614x says:

Dana White: “our guy knocked out the guy who submitted your best guy!”

can anyone else see this comment coming?

very classy response by fedor though gotta give him that, btw Overeem by tko over werdum

• Dufresne says:

Yeah moose, me too. Luckily I had a back up plan, but by the time it came online Fedor was already in Werdum’s triangle.

The replay has Fedor rocking Werdum early and then jumping into his guard where Werdum locked up a triangle with an armbar for a bit, but then just went with the triangle and forced him to tap.

Haha, yeah DW is def. Smiling somewhere…

• moosebaby02 says:

and yeah i wanted Werdum to win and i know anything can happen and hell ya

• Milliniar says:

I know its his style but he should’ve stood up after the first armbar escape realizing werdum wasn’t as hurt as fedor thougt

• moosebaby02 says:

fuck me thats sick

• fanoftna33 says:

I can already hear DW Yeah Fedor lost to a guy who couldnt even cut it in the ufc.
    Crap Werdum looked great on the ground and Fedor got caught it happens. Le looked completly dominate, and Thompson also looked great.
    Chris Cybrg as usual looked very good.

• BigDave says:

I love it…….oh and i won 200 bucks to boot.

• silkshot61 says:

At the bottom of the page look at his record and notes on this fight… It pretty much sums it all up…

After all Wikipedia’s word is law…

How do u guys think coker feels about this cause fedors was his main attraction but at the same time it came with alot of stress so do u think he’s little happy that m-1 and co. Have to eat a lil humble pie?

• Niv says:

Well this is the day I thought wasn’t going to happen for a few more years.

Kudos to Werdum who proved he was every bit a top HW and shocked the world.

Congratulations to Werdum, truly showed why a serious BJJ practitioner is always dangerous.

• KTru says:

200 bucks?….what did ubet $20?

i bet $100 and won $600

and im drunk

• KTru says:

JDS the Best HW in the World!!!!!!!……..

• twyg says:

Great night of fights. Kim Winslow needs to go back to ref school. Worst display of officating(?) I have ever seen. Big ups to Werdum for pulling off the impossible. Does anyone know how many more fights he has on his contract, because I wouldn’t be surprised if DW did everything possible to get him back. Where do we put Werdum in th HW/P4P rankings?

• fanoftna33 says:

Everybody loses sometime and Werdum is one of the best HW submission fighters any way you look at it. Getting subbed by him is not a huge black mark on Fedors careere, now if he got koed by Werdum thats another story. And whats up with Werdum calling out for a rematch and saying no to Overeem? I dont get that.

• LiverPunch says:

Wow!
    Fedor loses for the first real time!.
    Wedum is the Emelianenko killer like Saku was the Gracie killer. He got Aleks in an arm triangle or side choke and now subs Fedor in a triangle arm bar combo.
    Thomson looked good apart from his cardio. Le was impressive and Santos is 1 nasty bit…um, woman.
    How was the big F#ck you Overeem after the fight from Werdum?!. A rematch would be great but after the Overeem fight if he wins.
    Great event but too short. I wanted at least another fight or even 2 more.
    SF is getting better and I had no problems with the com team or production values of the event.
    Way to go Werdum. Bad luck Fedor, I’m sure you will be back.

• omg ..can’t wait to see this. I think there is more of a chance now than every that fedor will get beat up by the ufc heavyweights as well!!

• LiverPunch says:

“mani told yall i was the only one to pick werdum to win, now all you fedor nuthuggers can stop talkin bout him being the best cause he just got beat by a guy not even in the top 10.”

You mean like Serra beat GSP or maybe how Pulver beat BJ?.Probably you mean how V. Overeem beat Randy. No no you meant how Ryo Chonen and Takase beat Anderson Silva right?. Oh no Werdum was top 10 and those guys apart from Pulver weren’t. So your point was…oh you like the UFC. I get it.

Big Dave, everyone loses don’t they.?. So he got caught in a sub from a 2 time grappling world champ. At least he went to the ground with him, unlike A. Silva. He was the best for at least 5 years. It wasn’t the nut-huggers that said it. GSP, Joe Rogan, Pat Militich, Bas, Tim Sylvia, AA, Couture P4P rankings and a lot of people who are not…Big Dave said it. I wonder why all those MMA greats and MMA insiders didn’t listen to people who bow at the alter of Dana white and ZUFFA. Go figure. Maybe they are not swayed by an attachment to a label or brand. I don’t know how people can be so un-bias either Dave. Maybe they should just stop thinking for themselves and let Dana White do it for them. Actually Dana was in agreement as well I reckon, it is just that he has a job to do and that is talk the UFC up. I wonder if there is anyone out there who actually takes anything he says as anything more than spin?. No surely people are not that silly.

• Frankmur says:

Ha, BigBadJohn enjoy your pulled pork sandwich and your pint on the moon. Werdum said he was Going to choke out Fedor in the first round and he did. Now Dana can Promote Dos Santos as the Man who knocked out the man that just choked out Fedor in the first round(MMA Math 101).
    Seriously though i am curious how this will impact the 5oz. heavywieght rankings?

• moosebaby02 says:

you going to be ok liver????? its just a fight. im sure Fedor is still the best in the world. take it easy. go to sleep and when you wake up the world will still be turning like always. excpet Dana has the joker grin going on and you will still be mad at all the people who dont like fedor or are happy that he lost

• cocoonofhorror says:

Lesnar is now the worlds best.

• LiverPunch says:

Yeah Frankmur and promote Joaquim Ferreira as the guy who arm barred the guy who KOed the guy that beat Fedor.

• LiverPunch says:

Well did I ever say Fedor was the best? no I have stated many times I think Lesnar would beat him. Am I upset that Fedor lost? no. I get upset when fools and idiots make up false accusations and facts to support a bias they have. It just pisses me off that people are so bias to the point they make shit up and I think they actually believe their own lies. I mean they see facts and dance around them as if you can choose which ones to even consider or something.
    I don’t mind if people are happy he lost, . Cool you don’t like him but don’t try and justify it with lies and made up crap. I don’t like lots of fighters. Good luck to you. The thing that worries me the most is when I wake up, there will still be f#ck wits who can’t process information reasonably. That scares me. Seriously.

• Creature says:

Haha i decided 2 log in on here just 2 see if liver was freaking out like a little kid lmfao and i was not disappointed, thank you liverpunch, u give me a good laugh everytime u post something :)

• moosebaby02 says:

hahahahahahahahahahaha
    lies and made up crap
    hahahahhahaha
    oohhhh
    hahhahahahahahha
    ohhh man thats just awsome

• Makington says:

I don’t know where the lies and made up crap he’s talking about are. He said Fedor wasn’t the best, which you agreed with, so it could only have been when he said Werdum wasn’t in the top 10.

His point was still obvious. And if Werdum was in the top 10 it was 9 or 10 (before tonight, of course)

These are the kind of things I always kind of wish for in the back of my head. I thought for sure Fedor would win, and I wanted him to, but there was still that little voice telling him to lose only so things get interesting again.

Still stunned as hell.

• LiverPunch says:

What ever blows your hair back buddy.
    Who’s freaking out?.

• Dufresne says:

Anyone can lose any fight. That’s one of my favorite things about MMA.

There have been arguments on these forums for days on how good Fedor is with valid points being made on both sides. But before everyone starts piling on, remember that Werdum is a top 10 p4p and as several folks on here have already pointed out, a world champion BJJ practitioner. Does this really tell us where Fedor sits though? Not really. Yes Werdum beat Fedor, yes JDS beat Werdum, does that mean JDS would beat Fedor? The only way we would ever know for sure is if they fought. And with the UFC’s business plan being no co-promotion (which may limit the fights we get to see as fans, but from a business stand point I can completely understand it) and with Fedor having been talking about retiring in the near future anyways, I really doubt that will ever happen. I Personally still have Fedor as a top 10 HW after this loss. I’ll have to do some thinking about how far to move Werdum up as I had him at #9 coming into the fight.

In my mind this confirms what I had been thinking about Fedor for the last year or two: He’s great, he’s one of the top 10, but he’s no longer the #1 HW or p4p fighter.

I personally do believe that the #1 HW will emerge from the UFC’s current HW mini-tourney, and not just because I’m caught up in the Zuffa spin machine. The heavyweights in the UFC right now have a wide variety of almost freakish attributes. Lesnar and Carwin are behemoths with solid to incredible wrestling and enough power to KO most creatures walking the planet, JDS and Cain are young phenoms who haven’t hit their peaks yet and are both several years away from 30. When the dust settles, it’s going to be hard to argue that the remaining fighter isn’t the #1 HW.

I also believe that the p4p crown was handed to A. Silva sometime between beating Hendo at 185 and Forrest at 205.

I guess Fedor’s next opponent will probably be Big Foot Silva since both Silva and Fedor have recently beaten AA and lost to Werdum, which mathematically puts them at about the same level of performance over the last year and a half.

• LiverPunch says:

“so it could only have been when he said Werdum wasn’t in the top 10.”

Exactly! and that is just an example here. I just wonder if they actually believe that shit or whether they just lie hoping you will believe them for some reason. Either way, it’s f#cked up.
    I would be happy to debate with anybody as long as they are honest and reasonable but these people are not.

• Dufresne says:

Who would you qualify as “these people?”

• LiverPunch says:

Not you if that means anything.

Some ppl don’t know when to shut the fuck up.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

I see no shame in losing to probably one of the top submission guys in your weight class. Fedor got a bit over anxious and it cost him.

If Werdum had been KO’d by Fedor I would see it same way as he is one of the top punchers in the HW division.

This loss might just be the best thing to happen for MMA overall. Fedor is human and somehow in the back of his mind I believe Fedor might just be a bit relived. I don’t think he wanted to lose or planned to lose but, now that it happened maybe some of the pressure to be invincible may be gone.

Fedor only fights once per year anyway so maybe we see Fedor v. winner of Overeem/Werdum early next year.

Werdum just made a big name for himself and put a BIG target on his back too. Who wouldn’t want to beat the guy who subbed Fedor?

• Makington says:

“What ever blows your hair back buddy.
    Who’s freaking out?.”

I don’t know, no one I guess, but when I read a huge rant about him being ignorant because he thought Werdum didn’t deserve to be in the top 10 hw rankings, I can only picture it like someone freaking out.

I don’t think I exactly over estimated Fedor, I just really underestimated Werdum. Never again.