WEC 49 Live Results

FiveOuncesofPain.com will be here all night to make sure you are kept up to date on all of the latest live results and happenings from WEC 49.

The WEC invades Canada this evening as the promotion’s latest installment is set to take place from the Rexall Place in Edmonton, Alberta while airing live on the Versus network.

5 Oz coverage of WEC 49 will kick off right around 7:00 pm ET (4:00 pm PT) when the first set of fighters touch gloves, while the main card action will be broadcast live on Versus at 9:00 pm ET (6:00 pm PT).

Headlining the card will be a lightweight scrap with future title fight implications between former WEC champion Jamie Varner and undefeated former Olympic wrestler Kamal Shalorus.

A full list of results from the event are below:

Renan Barao def. Anthony Leone via submission (armbar) – Round 3

Chris Cariaso def. Rafael Rebello via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-28)

Diego Nunes def. Rafael Assuncao via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)

Eric Koch def. Bendy Casimir via submission (triangle choke) – Round 1

Wagnney Fabiano def. Frank Gomez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Will Kerr def. Karen Darabedyan via submission (armbar) – Round 1

Eddie Wineland def. Will Campuzano via TKO (strikes) – Round 1

Chris Horodecki def. Danny Downes via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3

Josh Grispi def. L.C. Davis via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1

Mark Hominick def. Yves Jabouin via TKO (strikes) – Round 2

Jamie Varner and Kamal Shalorus fight to split draw (29-27, 27-29, 28-28)

• Rich S. says:

Shalorus has heavy hands but he’s pretty wreckless and he hardly blocks.. Jamie has just the power to make him pay for that, so, I have Varner by KO..

Other than that, Grispi by Decision and Jabouin by Decision..

Didn’t Ratcliff have to pull out?

• BigDave says:

I wonder what excuse Varner will come up with after he loses tonight. The guy needs to grow a set and stop crying like a little girl.

Kamal by tko rd2

hominick/ jabouin should be a great fight while it lasts. Both these guys can bang and I predict this will be fight of the night. Jabouin has the edge in the striking but Hominick is the more well rounded of the two and with that I think it will be Hominick pulling out a win

Hominick by split decision

Grispi/Davis This is a fight between too good fighters. L.C. has only been stopped once in his career to wagney fabiano. Grispi’s only lose was by sum nearly 4 years ago. But none of this matters here as i just cant bet against a guy nick named Fluke.

Grispi by submission rd2

Horodecki/Ratcliff Ko of the night here as Hordecki I feel walks right through Ratcliff in the 1st round. Even if that doesnt happen, Hey he is Canadian so who do you think im backing!

Horodecki by ko rd1

• Dufresne says:

Campuzano is a tough sob. I thought the ref should have stopped that long before that last exchange.

• Lethal Liquid says:

That was beautiful destruction by Wineland

• Dufresne says:

You’re right Rich S. Ratcliff did pull out a few days ago. Horodecki is now fighting Danny Downes who’s 6-0 with 5 TKO’s. Sadly I couldn’t find anything about any of the people he’s beaten so I can’t tell if he’s any good or just has an inflated record from fighting cans. Maybe both.

• Dufresne says:

Wow, Downes looks way outclassed already. This could be ugly.

• Dufresne says:

Grispi is pretty damn impressive. This makes at least 13 of his 14 wins coming in the first round, I can’t find a time for that 14th w.

I don’t know if he can take out Aldo, but I see him challenging Aldo soon.

• Dufresne says:

This fight is awesome!

• Dufresne says:

That’s painful! That ranks up there with the nastiest nut shots I’ve seen in a while.

• Dufresne says:

And again… You’re aiming at the wrong head buddy.

• Genesis says:

28-28, Cecil, what fight were you watching?

• Dufresne says:

Cecil Peoples is a moron. And he’s proved it yet again.

How could anyone give Shalorus the edge in that? He clearly lost the first round, got a point deducted in the second and possibly won the third. By my math that means, assuming he won the second which I don’t think he did, 9+9+10 for 28 points. From my view it should have been 9+8+10 for 27 points. I’m not even a Varner fan and I think that was a bad call by 2 of the judges. Shalorus threw a lot of leg kicks and scored a takedown, but otherwise it was mostly Varner in that fight. And I’m not even a Varner fan.

Judges…judges…judges.

Think there must be a board that internally must handle erroneous actions by officials… Why do refs & judges get so many opportunities to fuck up? I understand human error and what not but if there’s a pattern then It should be 3 strikes and your reffin’ at the next bikers BBQ back yard brawl… if I fuck up at my job I get shit & so should they.

• fanoftna33 says:

As much as I liked the Guillitone choke by Grispi I really liked the triangle choke win by Erid Koch over Casimir as Koch put it on right as Casimir looked to be getting the better position in what was a qiuck but very exciting fight.