Ultimate Fighter 11 Finale Bonuses Announced

The sweet taste of winning the Ultimate Fighter 11 crown was amped up to “high fructose” status for Court McGee after it was announced he would also be taking home an additional $25,000 on top of the crystal trophy for walking away season champ. McGee’s rear-naked choke, though the only tap-based finish on the card, of fellow finalist Kris McCray was named the event’s “Submission of the Night” and rightfully capped off the potentially career-making performance. News of the award was announced at the post-event press conference and reported by Heavy.

Suprising few, the bloody brawl between Matt Hamill and Keith Jardine was given “Fight of the Night”. The fifteen-minute battle featured solid stand-up, a nasty cut on Jardine’s face, crimson-spatter on the camera/crowd, and a ton of heart from both competitors and earned both twenty-five grand along with a great deal of respect from most onlookers.

Meanwhile, Chris Leben‘s return to neon-pink hair and consistent hard-hitting ways brought about his second-consecutive victory as well as “Knockout of the Night” honors. Beyond the extra cash, Leben’s second-round of TKO of opponent Aaron Simpson also netted “The Crippler” his 20th career win.

• Dufresne says:

Overall I would say that this was a very successful card. I wasn’t expecting a lot as most TUF finales are mediocre at best, but this card was actually very entertaining.

• hindsightufuk says:

yeah i wasnt expecting much either, and didnt really enjoy it all that much. i think it was the pacing that got to me, three ad breaks between each fight, they should have put on a 2 hour show instead, i think i watched most of the show on ff. other than the Hammil/Jardine fight i just wasnt captured by any of the fights. surely now Jardine must get cut?

• Madmax says:

Just seemed like the show moved SOooooooo slow, it was hard to stay awake at the end. The fights were pretty good tho. Congrats to Court Mcgee. I wanted him to win so that worthless TO would lose.Franklin didnt have much invested. Wonder where Rogan was?? I think I’d rather see Florian just fight in the future.

• Madmax says:

Great seeing Yager get choked out. After his last dismal showing, I was surprised he got a fight at all, let alone the main card. GoodBye “Fro Cop”

• nope says:

Anyone from South Jersey on here?

• LiverPunch says:

Jardine = 2-6 from his last 8.
    Werdum was 2-2 against Gonzaga, Vera, Arlovski and Dos Santos and got the boot. Surely Keith is an ex-UFC fighter now or is it just a case of who you know.
    Card was pretty bad and I ended up fast forwarding more and more as the boredom set in. No top talent on display whatsoever. I wish these guys the best with their careers and that but I think this is the very last time I will tune in to any of the TUF series. When or if they make it to the top level in comp I will be interested but until then…

• Creature says:

the card was alright, i liked seeing yager lose, i cant stand him, loved seeing leben get back 2 his true old self, and i was rooting 4 mcgee through the whole show, i think hes a good fighter and will prolly have a bright future ahead of him, and as 4 jardine, even tho he lost yet again, it was a great fight, he showed great heart and dont believe he will get cut, i think dana will keep him 4 a gatekeeper role, hes a decent fighter and is very well known and popular. i will be shocked if dana cuts the dean of mean

• Screenplaya says:

Although I thought TUF was light on talent this year, I think the UFC did the right thing putting Attonito (not ANT-onito, Goldberg) in with Yager. Attonito was probably the best fighter in the house this season, and Yager was the biggest a-hole, so giving Attonito a submission over Mister Gas, was fitting.

I think McGee and Attonito were the best in the house, and now they each have UFC wins. How about matching them up with each other?

I was thinking Jardine should be cut if he couldn’t whupp Hamil, but I guess he does make good fights, so why cut him. I would rather see Hamil cut, and I am sure he would have been, had he lost.

• Guthookd says:

It was a good show. Fuck the consequences and details……Free MMA makes me happy!!!!

• Angry Mike says:

I really enjoyed the fights. It was good to see Leben in winning form. As much as I disliked Yager’s antics, the guy has talent. If he ever gets his cardio up to speed, he will be a tough match up. He gave Attonito everything he could handle until gassing. Hamill v. Jardine was an old fashioned brawl, and the finale was well fought. And the price was right!