“Strikeforce: Los Angeles” Live Results

FiveOuncesofPain.com is here to bring you all of the latest breaking live results from “Strikeforce: Los Angeles“.

“Strikeforce: Los Angeles” is taking place from the Nokia Theatre in…. you guessed it – Los Angeles, California.

Headlining the card will be a catchweight bout between the heavy handed Robbie Lawler and the dangerous submission specialist Renato “Bablu” Sobral.

A full list of results from “Strkeforce: Los Angeles” are listed below:

Hugo Sandoval def. Marcus Kowal via TKO (strikes) – Round 2

Jeremy Umphries def. R.J. Clifford via technical submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2

K.J. Noons def. Conor Heun via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28)

Tim Kennedy def. Trevor Prangley via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1

Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos def. Marius Zaromskis via TKO – Round 1

Renato “Babalu” Sobral def. Robbie Lawler via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

• stone says:

Lawler lost? What fight were them judges watching? Yeah Bobalu tapped him with some kicks and had two takedowns but jeez! He had NO power behind anything. His takedowns were lame for the fact that he did NO damage and Lawler took only a few seconds to get up! I sure as hell wouldn’t mind seeing a rematch! I know it most likely won’t happen but what’s wrong with a lil wishful thinking?

• BigDave says:

Ok i’ll get my bad out of the way first. Production quality was amaturish at best, commentating was horrible but with renallo thats a given, and that chick that did the few spots between fights just seems like she has no clue about the fight game atol.

That out of the way, I will admit i wasn’t expecting that much from this card but it was fun. Heun put on a great show as did noons, I gave it to heun but wasn’t a bad decision.

If there was a fight that was boring and very predictible it was The Kennedy/Prangley fight. Prangley was just plain outclassed, by a guy who is just a superior fighter in every way.

Cyborg vs. zaromskis was fun while it lasted, I love watching both these guys fight and althoug it look like zaromskis has a long way to go before being ready to fight in the bigtime. I think he will be a force in a year from now, as for Santos it to me looked like he is rededicated to the sport and is dangerous guy at 170.

The main event was good and just showed me again what I’ve felt about Sobral for years. If you put a guy that is one dimensional in front of him he looks good but a guy that is well rounded like his last opponent gegard mousasi usually make short work of him. As for Sobral calling out Hendo, I think that fight will be a snoozefest.

Overall i give the card a 3 out of 5.

• danw84 says:

I thought it was a great night of fights. Very enjoyable. Tim looked great, and I love to see him pull off the submission that early.

I think Babalu vs Hendo sounds pretty sweet. Hendo should smash him.

I don’t like Hendo at 185, but 205, oh yeah.

I feel asleep… too late on the east coast.

I remember seeing skelator BS’in for five minutes then next thing I know its 6 AM… oh well guess there’s always Showtime on Demand…

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

As usual Strikeforce put on a production that looked horribly amateur.

1:00 ish left in round 2 of Noons fight Renallo delivers this line: “He really tapped him on the chinny,chin, chin” What? One of the dumbest things I have heard in a long time.

The backstage girl was horrible. If someone only speaks and understands a little English..please, please, for the love of god please don’t try to interview them with serious questions. I get so tired of the broken English interviews that all say the same thing.

Besides female Cyborg has the be the fugliest creature in MMA right now. Looks like someone put lipstick on a Sasquatch.

Lawler/Sobral could have gone either way. If Lawler would have fought the whole fight the way he fought the last 2 minutes of round 3 he would have knocked him out. He sat back and was a bit passive and it cost him.

• Madmax says:

What do you expect. She’s a “CYBORG”

“After Cyborg won and his beastly looking wife ran in the cage their horrible, sloppy open mouth kiss made me throw up in my mouth a little.” – MadhatterXX….

Maybe it was a good thing I fell asleep early!

• danw84 says:

Who cares if she looks good? She’s a fighter. We should be thankful there’s even just a few fighters as decent looking as there are, and as good as Gina Carano.

I’ll agree that Renallo sucks and the chick interviewing sucked, but I don’t watch events for the in between fight stuff, and I was entertained by the fights. You know, the stuff I turned it on to watch.