Phil Baroni vs. John Salter set for UFC 118 in Boston

Phil Baroni will be moving back up to the middleweight division following a stint at welterweight to face off with the 5-1 John Salter at UFC 118.

The news of the bout was recently reported by MMAWeekly.

UFC 118 is expected to take place in Boston from the TD Garden on August 28.

A lightweight title rematch between Frankie Edgar and B.J. Penn is slated for the event, along with the MMA debut of James Toney against Randy Couture.

Baroni desperately needs a win coming off of back-to-back defeats at the hands of Joe Riggs and Amir Sadollah while sporting a career record of 13-12, while Salter will be looking to notch his second win with the UFC with an Octagon record of 1-1.

• MCM says:

Again, can anybody tell me what the hell Baroni is doing in the UFC? Salter may only have 1/4 of the fights that Baroni does, but as long as he can survive the first 2 mins of the fight, I can’t see how this kid can loose.

• bigbadjohn says:

LOL. so true.

• stone says:

Hang’em up Baroni! For the love of GOD, hang’em up!

Loser leaves town…

• AR15 says:

Again, can anybody tell me what the hell Baroni is doing in the UFC?Salter may only have 1/4 of the fights that Baroni does, but as long as he can survive the first 2 mins of the fight, I can’t see how this kid can loose.

LMAO…couldn’t of said it better myself, so I wont even try

• Guthookd says:

You guys realize Phil is reading this right……..while smoking a Camel non-filter of course.

Damn you Baroni!!!! You might as well just come to the center of the cage, lay down, and start tapping.

Funny……..the only fight on this card so far that holds my interest is the freak show. I don’t know why, but I just can’t care about a fight involving BJ Penn……that last one was a snooze festival.

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Baroni you were very exciting at the start but now I find myself worrying about your long term health every time you step in a major league cage-And what the eff is Dana doing holding Chuck back then allowing this fellow to keep fighting