Grove vs. Reljic, Tuchscherer vs. Schaub make UFC 116 Prelims on Spike

The UFC on Spike Prelim series will return for UFC 116 with fights in the heavyweight and middleweight division being featured. Former Ultimate Fighter winner Kendall Grove will face the always tough Goran Reljic, and Ultimate Fighter finalist Brendan Schaub will face Chris Tuchscherer.

The bout will air live on Spike TV prior to the PPV portion of UFC 116 according to a recent report on MMAWeekly.

Grove is looking rebound from a loss to Mark Munoz at UFC 112, a fight that saw him lock in numerous submissions during the fight, but he eventually wore himself out. Munoz finished Grove off with some vicious ground-and-pound, scoring the TKO victory.

Reljic made his debut at UFC 84, dispatching of Wilson Gouviea in the second round, earning him a 75,000 Fight of The Night bonus. After an extensive layoff, Reljic made his return at UFC 110 losing a unanimous decision to C.B. Dollaway.

Schaub is an alumni of the tenth Ultimate Fighter season and is coming off of a 47-second knockout victory of Chase Gormley at “UFC on Versus: Vera vs. Jones”. Schaub had faced Roy Nelson at The Ultimate Fighter finale and was viciously knocked out in the first round.

Tuchscherer will perhaps be most remembered for his debut against Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 102, a fight that saw him take a nasty kick to the testicles – a moment that made every male watching the event cringe in agony. He returned at UFC 109, defeating Tim Hague in a decision victory that many disagreed upon.

UFC 116 emanates from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on July 3. The title unification bout between Shane Carwin and Brock Lesnar will headline the event.

Grove /Reljic should be good, I hope the good Kendall shows up yea never know with him.
    Schaub will hope fully do well again, look forward to a long summer filled with MMA in between.

• MCM says:

I think Schaub is the biggest douche from TUF since C.B. Dollaway. Just remember Brenden had to go through TUF to get in the UFC, Tuchscherer was supposed to be on the same season but was given an instant contract instead. I hope Chris smashes Schaub, but to be honest, I haven’t seen enough from either fighter to make a sound decision.

• Jstew3785 says:

Why is Schaub a douche? I mean he’s not my favorite fighter in the world, but I wouldn’t really call him a douche

• Rich S. says:

Grove’s situation is such a shame. He’s got a sick ground game, with a sick frame for his weight, and his striking is better every single time out. But, his chin is holding him back tremendously. Like Rece said, you never know with him, but I’ll call Reljic by TKO..

And I’ve definitely got Schaub via TKO..

I guess they were good picks for aired prelims..

• MCM says:

I just got that impression from him on TUF 10 and from his blogging on the Junk.

Agree with Rich S. about Grove v Reljic. Grove in kinda like the Jardine of MW.

• JOEgun says:

good one MCM, “Grove is like the Jardine of middleweight”, i agree. It should be a good fight though

• Grove in kinda like the Jardine of MW.

Haha. It’s true. I think he’ll be able to pull out a unanimous decision over Reljic though.

• nate says:

goran has a NASTY high kick. he throws haymakers with his LEGS. watch his ufc debut vs gouveia if you need to see what I mean. he BUSTED dudes body apart! I like grove too. it’s a shame he is about to get beat down!

also, Brendan shaub seemed like of the only NON-douches on the show. I disagree with you 100%

• nate says: