Moosin MMA Weigh-In Results

Fans hoping Tim Sylvia‘s drop in weight from 310 lbs. against Ray Mercer in June 2009 to sub-290 against Jason Riley three months later would be a trend the heavyweight continued at Thursday’s Moosin MMA event were sorely disappointed as the 2X UFC champ once again measured in at north of 300. The 6’8″ striker, who stepped on the scale at a less-than svelte 305 pounds, will be entering his headlining bout against 2-0 Mariusz Pudzianowski with more than a 30-pound advantage to add to the seven inches of height he already has on the Polish strong man. Pudzniaowski weighed in at 273 pounds.

Moosin MMA’s “God of Martial Arts” takes place tonight in Worcester, Massachusetts and is available on PPV for a suggested retail price of only $29.95 starting at 9:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM PT.

The full results of the weigh-in are as follows:

PRELIMINARY CARD:

Paul Barry (245 lbs) vs. Stipe Miocic (241 lbs)
Fed Belleton (185 lbs) vs. Anthony Lapsley (185 lbs)
Matt Lee (170.5 lbs) vs. Brett Oteri (175.5 lbs)
Ralph Johnson (171 lbs) vs. Forrest Petz (170.5 lbs)
Ho Jin Kim (196 lbs) vs. Lukasz Jurkowski (214 lbs)

MAIN CARD:

Tara LaRosa (129 lbs) vs. Roxanne Modafferi (128 lbs)
Yves Edwards (157 pounds) vs. Mike Campbell (156 pounds)
Travis Lutter (185 pounds) vs. Rafael Natal (185 pounds)
Travis Wiuff (253 lbs) vs. Josh Barnes (262 lbs)
Tim Sylvia (305 lbs) vs. Mariusz Pudzianowski (273 lbs)

Is Timmy 305lbs to try and be able to push his weight around with one of the worlds strongest men or is he just a fatty pig fatty…. hmmm?

I can’t believe there charging $30 beans for this PPV… Isn’t Butterbean on the undercard?

• MCM says:

Butterbean is one of the promoters for this event.
    And I can’t believe I forgot about this event. If I could find tickets, I’d go tonight.
    At 273lbs, looks like Pudzianowski is trying to make a serious run in MMA, too bad Timmmay has given up.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

If you live in the area I’m pretty sure you can still find tickets to the event.

• fanoftna33 says:

I would guess we are going to see a pretty flabby version of the Mainiac. I dont understand Sylvia here- yes he needs some wins to get into the big shows but is any promoter out there ever going to take him seriously if he shows up to fights above 300 lbs and only fights guys with little to no MMA experience. I like Tim but fight like this get me rooting for Mariusz.

• triangleman says:

Tim is a joke! He should just go to Japan where he can juice and fight guys that are freaks! Mariusz is a freak but Tim better not take him lightly or he will be going to sleep! The fight will go like this Tim throws a few jabs and leg kicks from the outside….for the first I dont know 80 seconds then Mariusz with his crazy speed and agility shoots or presses him up against the cage throws him to the ground like an Atlas Stone and pounds the crap out of Sylvia. Tim doesnt have the cardio for this to go past mid second round so if he wants to win he better catch him early! My how the mighty have fallen!

• Guthookd says:

The deciding factor in this fight will be whethere or not Tim is scarred.

If he goes in there will no fear he will demolish the far less experienced and raw Pudz. Pudz throws bombs that will leave him open for a nice straight right that will KO him for sure. On the other hand, if Tim is afraid of the power of Pudz, he will get caught early with a shot, fall to a clump on the ground and be beaten into submission.

I pick Tim to win.

• Guthookd says:

Oah, and $30…no. Try $15 and you can have my money.

• triangleman says:

If WEC is Free than they should pay you to watch this crap! I agree with Tim being able to pick him apart and I think he can do that. The problem is you can pick someone apart that is three times stronger than you and always trying to press up against the cage or take you down

• fanoftna33 says:

I would like to see Mariusz pick up Tim (like a oversized keg of beer) and toss him over the cage, that would be on the highlight reels forever.

• BigDave says:

Silvia needs to quit fighting. He seem like he doesn’t even want to put in even a bit of training or effort to cut weight. Pudz may not be very experienced but it is clear that this dude is making every effort to get to 265 and be able to fight in legit fights. and with his freakish strength and speed for a big man he will be scary in a year from now.

Pudz by KO rd 1

• slammy862 says:

Soft and doughy with chicken-legs… Embarrassing.

And he thinks Pudz is gonna gas?

Be all Silva can do to carry his carcass to the ring…unless they let him use a hoveround.

If Pudz lands a couple of those wicked leg kicks to the celery sticks attached to Silva, we may get to see the rare, “Tap…due to amputation.”

Seems like ‘ol Tim is taking the Mark Kerr express outta mma.

• 305lbs is disgraceful. every fight tim has taken lately, not only dishonours himself, but also MMA. he was just as fat for his his fight with ray mercer. i hope strikeforce or the ufc never lets him in.

• Kamakosmo says:

Rece Rock and Guthookd…could not agree more! $30 for a “Moosin???” Event? C’mon. You’re trying to sell a new product (albeit it with mostly old parts), you practically give it away. $15 would be a fine price to pay. $30? Yeah I know it’s only twice as much….but trying to charge us only a few bucks more than a Prime UFC card? Get real. I’ll read about the freak show tomorrow.