Noons vs. Krazy Horse II, Cyborg vs. Finney set for “Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum”

Strikeforce and M-1 Global made two more bouts public for the upcoming “Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum” event.

EliteXC lightweight champion K.J. Noons will be making his Strikeforce debut against Charles “Krazy Horse” Bennett in a rematch, while Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos will be defending her Strikeforce 145 pound female championship against Jan Finney.

The event is slated for June 26 from San Jose, California, with Fedor Emelianenko meeting Fabricio Werdum in the main event of the evening.

Bennett handed Noons the last defeat of his career back in February of 2007 via first round knockout. Noons has since gone on a four fight win streak while the always controversial Bennett is coming off of a knckout loss at the hands of Bobby Green during a King of the Cage event last December.

Cyborg is currently riding a nine fight win streak that includes wins over Gina Carano and Marloes ceonen, while Finney has put together four consecutive wins since losing to Erin Toughill back in November of 2008.

• MickeyC says:

Always enteraining when the Krazy Horse is around. With any luck, maybe he will not go to jail.

• hindsightufuk says:

wicked, i was looking forward to watching Bennett last weekend

Charles “Krazy Horse” Bennett … way to go Coker.

I guess atleast if Bennett causes a scene or does someting off color at least it will be on Showtime not CBS.

It’s like Coker & SF just ask for headaches… I’m baffled once again.

• fanoftna33 says:

I hope Noones dosent mess around this time. Crazy horse has ko power for the first round but after that he gasses, kind of like a LW version of Phil Baroni.

• nothing_shank says:

Krazy horse is seriously the emmanuel/augustus burton of mma. He’s hilarious. Been watchin him since his 1st shot in KOTC and in PRIDE Bushido shows. He’s entertaining, if nothing else.

• LiverPunch says:

Rece???? If they had Fedor vs Lesnar, gave out free t-shirts and had nude ring girls come rd to your house if you bought the pay per view, you would still find something to complain about. Sure they aren’t the UFC and they haven’t been as polished but are you saying that you don’t want to see Noons vs Bennet? It is very admirable that you are concerned for Strikeforce and the headaches they may suffer due to Bennet but come on dude. A little slack please.

• stone says:

Gotta give kudos to Noons for taking this fight after such a long time off! Let’s not forget, Bennet knocked Noons out COLD! It would almost be like Chuck comin back n fighting Rashad… almost! LOL! Fedor fights are ALWAYS awesome… Too bad in the mma world, your only as good as ur last fight!

• stone says:

Oh yeah… If u look at Noons-Bennett 1, u see Rashad n Rampage sittin together in the crowd cheerin for the krazy horse… Ironic huh?

• mu_shin says:

Definitely interested in seeing Cyborg fight again, not to mention seeing Fedor in action. Should be a good card, and only hope that somewhere, somehow, Strikeforce coerces M-1 Global into the only truly world class fight they have to promote at present, Emelianenko/Overeem.

Yea I was waiting for you to chime in LiverPunch…

My point isn’t that it isnt a great rematch it’s the point that if this degenerate decides to make a fool of himself it’s not just a black eye for SF it’s a black eye for MMA and Coker probably didnt even think about it like that… Oh wait I know… They can just say -“Sometimes these things happen in MMA?!”

Everybody can think I hate on SF but once again I just don’t understand there practices… Sorry if I’m a MMA fan that looks past just the fights… I live in a city/ state where MMA is still unsanctioned and basically illegal, so when I see things that could be done better or could have been thought out better, sorry but I have to be vocal about it and express concern. Whatever, you don’t like my outlook then keep it moving it’s not personal just my opinion and I hope the sport succeeds in becoming sanctioned in all states so we can all enjoy local shows, but that could be hindered if promotions don’t make responsible decisions.

• Dr.Stoppage says:

Dayammm!
    Crazyhorse is the Chris Rock of MMA.

Win or lose, he just might get his own sitcom on CBS after the dust settles.

Although this event ain’t on CBS,you know the executives will be watching.

• LiverPunch says:

My point is you find a way to bitch about every thing SF does. You never ever like anything they do. Is it all bad? or are you just a hater? I know the answer, do you?.

Actually- I like there upstart womens divisions if they would just build up on them a bit more… I think Challengers Series can be as good of a format as Bellator for young & upcoming talent, I think SF does do somethings right but unfortunately they don’t out weigh the ass backwards things they do… It’s my opinion LiverPunch not the law so get over it and just don’t read my comments… I don’t direct them to you- I only respond when you call me out, get a grip buttercup.