Shoulder injury forces Forrest Griffin out of UFC 114

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin has been forced to withdraw from his UFC 114 bout with Antonio Rogerio Nogueira due to a shoulder injury.

The news of Griffins injury comes courtesy of a recent report from celebrity news website TMZ.

The match-up was set to co-headline UFC 114 on May 29 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The main event on the card will still feature the highly anticipated light heavyweight showdown between “The Ultimate Fighter 10” rival coaches Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad Evans.

Griffin (17-6-0) last graced the octagon at UFC 106, earning a revenge split decision victory over Tito Ortiz.

Nogueira (18-3-0), the twin brother of MMA legend Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, will likely still appear on the UFC 114 card, although a replacement has yet to be named.

The extent of Griffins injury is unknown.

• Rich S. says:

What a shame..
    But, it’s kind of a good thing if you ask me..

I couldn’t stand to see Forrest take another loss right now, and I certainly don’t want to see Rogerio set back..

• fanoftna33 says:

I dont think Forrest would have won this fight, but I didnt think he could beat Shogun either. To bad he got injured because this was a very anticipated fight

• Davey D says:

Does anyone find it kind of odd that TMZ has been breaking MMA news in spurts over the past year or two? I really don’t know what to think of it other than just…they are an offical source of News Media reporting on celebs of all types, perphaps?

Anyway…I think the two most suitable opponents for Rogerio Nogueira at this point would be Thiago SIlva or Jon Jones. Matt Hamil or Keith Jardine could also work. The problem is all 4 already have fights lined up at the moment. They may not be ready by May 29th. It really sucks Forrest got injured, I was really looking forward to that fight.

For the sake of them finding an opponent to fill…maybe they’ll ask James Irvin? Personally, I think Lil’ Nog’ would mop the floor with Irvin. They have to keep Minotoro in the spotlight. I hope they find someone. Cheers!!!

• nate says:

ah fuck.

• hindsightufuk says:

ah fuck.

what he said

• Guthookd says:

Bummer. I was looking forward to this fight as well. I hope he can heal up completely and be 100% next time we see him

BTW, I’m posting this on every thread today:
    Free UFC Vault promotion:
    Site: http://www.ufc.com/live
    UPC Code (Edge Shave Gel): 046500325229
    *No credit card or anything else needed, just register and you have 3 months of UFC Vault for free (the WEC PPV from the other day, tons of Pride vids and a bunch more)