Karo Parisyan in discussions to sign with Strikeforce

Fans left wondering when and where Karo Parisyan would land on the heels of last year’s nine-month suspension for painkiller use, and a last-second withdrawal from a scheduled bout with Dustin Hazelett at UFC 106 which brought about the extreme ire of UFC President Dana White, may not be left in the cold for much longer.

According to MMAFighting, “The Heat” has been speaking with Strikeforce under the premise of possibly signing to fight with the organization as soon as their event in Los Angeles on June 16th.

The 27-year old, who resides in the North Hollywood area of California, is 18-5 as a professional Mixed Martial Artist and holds a 2004 split decision win over current Strikeforce Welterweight Champion Nick Diaz.

After originally emerging as a legitimate force at 170-pounds due to his high level judo and aggressive style, Parisyan has suffered a number of personal setbacks over the past few years and only competed twice since November 2007 (a TKO loss to Thiago Alves and a decision win over Dong Hyun Kim that was later ruled a “No Contest” due to a failed drug test).

• moosebaby02 says:

hope his head is the right place this time

• MCM says:

I used to love Karo back in the day but after all the crap he’s pulled the past few years, he’s lost me as a fan. I hope he does sign with SF and does well with them, cause that’s the only way he’s ever get any sort of fan base back. I don’t wish him ill, but as it stands right now, i don’t care one way or the other if he ever fights again.

• Dufresne says:

Drug addiction is a nasty thing, and I feel bad for anyone who’s trying to fight it. That being said, there was still no excuse for him pulling out so close to a fight that the promotion doesn’t have time to find a replacement for your opponent. As MCM said, I don’t wish him harm and I hope he really does get his life back on track, but I’m not gonna be watching him.

• fanoftna33 says:

I really like him as a fighter, this guy is as tough as they come, and givin the fact that everybody goes through rough patches in life I am very happy to see him out there fighting again. I really hope his troubles are behind him.

• Jstew3785 says:

Good for Karo. Hopefully he gets his shit together this time

2 fights since ’07… that’s rough stuff.

• Guthookd says:

Rematch with Diaz. Good call SF. I’ll watch it.

BTW, I’m posting this on every thread today:
    Free UFC Vault promotion:
    Site: http://www.ufc.com/live
    UPC Code (Edge Shave Gel): 046500325229
    *No credit card or anything else needed, just register and you have 3 months of UFC Vault for free (the WEC PPV from the other day, tons of Pride vids and a bunch more)

thanks for the heads up Guthookd!

• Karo would be a great addition to SF. Make it happen, Coker!

• Angry Mike says:

I haven’t heard anything about drug addiction. I’d heard that he suffers from panic attacks, and that’s why he kept pulling out of fights. I don’t know how you overcome that in an intensely competitive and stressful sport. Good luck to him anyway.

• HiCanuck83 says:

very durable guy..lots of potential early on in career..gave up title shot and went down hill from there…Find his fights boaring…If he ends up fighting Diaz in SF I see the result different this time..

• bigbadjohn says:

Well angry mike, karo has a serious painkiller problem. look into why he had to back out of his last fight and you wikjl see

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Karo vs. Nick Diaz 2-only reason this should be happening-get it together Karo!!!!!!-please(as a fan)