Joe Lauzon vs. Terry Etim on tap for UFC 118 in Boston

A lightweight tussle is currently brewing between Joe Lauzon and Terry Etim for UFC 118.

The news of the bout comes courtesy of a recent report from Fighters Only, who have indicated that bout agreements for the match up have been distributed, with one of the two already being inked.

UFC 118 is expected to take place from the TD Garden in Boston on August 28.

Lauzon will be looking to bounce back from a UFC 108 unanimous decision defeat at the hands (of stone) of Sam Stout after compiling consecutive octagon victories over the likes of Jeremy Stephens and Kyle Bradley, while Etim finds himself in a similar situation having most recently being submitted via first round armbar by Rafael dos Anjos during UFC 112 following a four-fight winning streak with the promotion.

• fanoftna33 says:

If Lauzon is really in shape he should take this one fairley easily.

Both need a W ….

• Guthookd says:

I don’t know Fan. Etim is tough and he has both good boxing and a good ground game. Lauzon will probably take it, but I don’t think it will be easy. A good fight for sure though.

BTW, I’m posting this on every thread today:
    Free UFC Vault promotion:
    Site: http://www.ufc.com/live
    UPC Code (Edge Shave Gel): 046500325229
    *No credit card or anything else needed, just register and you have 3 months of UFC Vault for free (the WEC PPV from the other day, tons of Pride vids and a bunch more)

• Dufresne says:

I love both Lauzons, so I’m gonna be pulling for him in this fight. Luckily, I think this is a fight he can win pretty dominantly.

• Dufresne says:

Oh, and thanks for the code Guthookd. I really appreciate it.

• fanoftna33 says:

Guthooked, I think you are right, Etim wont be a walk in the park for Lauzon.

• fanoftna33 says:

Thanks Guthooked that code worked like a charm.

• Guthookd says:

You guys are welcome. I can’t wait to get home so I can watch the Mizugaki fight from that last WEC. Probably find some other undercard bouts on there too. Happy days!!

• I agree with you guys that this Etim isn’t the pushover many think he is, but I think creepy joe takes this by sub.

• hindsightufuk says:

Thanks Guthooked that code worked like a charm.  (Quote)

dammit i cant find where to use the code!

• hindsightufuk says:

great fight by the way

• moosebaby02 says:

i like Etim in this one. better stand up

• Guthookd says:

dammit i cant find where to use the code!  (Quote)

If you go to http://www.ufc.com/live it should be in the upper left hand corner.

To tell you the truth, after checking out the Vault last night, you’re not missing anything. There really isn’t that much content available and I can guarantee you that you’ve seen every single fight that is posted. I think they screwed up with this free promotion because once I got a taste of it I knew right away that I would never pay $10 a month for that. Only like 2 of the 5 prelim fights from the WEC PPV are available to watch! I was bummed out when I saw that. There are no full events at all.

I think all the content is basically restricted to things they’ve already shown on TV and a few old school fights.

• Guthookd says:

dammit i cant find where to use the code!  (Quote)

Yep, the link is there in the upper left…”Free three month subscription to the UFC Vault”

When you click it, it takes you here to enter the code:

• hindsightufuk says:

ah right, thanks for that. i was hoping they’d have a bunch of the WEC prelims. from the shows they put on since Zuffa took over. Does anyone know where to get these from?

• hindsightufuk says:

good man, if you need help finding any events to download give me a shout. i know some good places

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Etim all the way-I am a big fan of Joe but realizing that he has no stand up skills at this level will only hurt him against the lightning fast precision strikes of Etim