Bellator 16 weigh-ins and press conference tomorrow, April 28, from Kansas City Power & Light District

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (April 27, 2010) — Bellator Fighting Championships and the Kansas City Power & Light District will host a pre-event press conference and fighter weigh-in this Wednesday, April 28th, from the K.C. Live stage at the Kansas City Power & Light District.

All members of the media and all fans are cordially invited to attend.

The event will begin promptly at 8 p.m. and will feature all 16 featured fighters scheduled to compete in Thursday’s night’s nationally-televised Bellator 16 event at the same venue including Bryan “The Beast” Baker, Sean “The Destroyer” Loeffler, Alexander “Storm” Shlemenko, Matt Major, Jared Hess, Ryan McGivern, Eric Schambari and Luke Zachrich as well as eight locally based fighters who will compete in the evening’s Local Featured Fights and Bellator founder and CEO Bjorn Rebney.

In addition, the pre-event press conference and weigh-in will also be streamed LIVE at www.Bellator.com.

Thursday’s event is the first of four exciting, nationally televised “Fight Night Live” Bellator Fighting Championship events to be held at KC Live!

Prior to the fights, fans can also enjoy a special performance by Freedom, a premiere Navy rock band, as part of “Navy Week” being celebrated throughout Kansas City April 26 – April 30, 2010.

FIGHT NIGHT LIVE
BELLATOR FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS DETAILS:

Date: Thursday, April 29, 2010
Time: 4:30 p.m.–“Freedom” Navy Rock Band performs live on Walnut St. Stage
6 p.m.–Doors open to public
7 p.m.–Fights begin (nationally televised)
Location: KC Live! in the Kansas City Power & Light District (on Grand Blvd between 13th Street and Walnut Street)
Event is RAIN or SHINE (in cases of severe weather, check www.powerandlightdistrict.com for details)

For more information, visit Bellator.com or www.powerandlightdistrict.com

• Guthookd says:

“Freedom”….dude, those guys rock!!! J/K. How funny. A Navy rock band.

We got a couple names on the roster this week. Bryan Baker and Schambari both fought for the WEC if I’m not mistaken. Baker showed some great potential as well….fought Sonnen and did his best to throw up some sub attempts….many attempts as I recall. I hope he gets a triangle in this bout.

Another great Thursday night at my house.

WAR BELLATOR!

• JBAR says:

Anybody been to one of the events in Kansas City? Just wondering how good the show is in person and if you think it would be OK for an 11 yr old boy. I would love to take my son to one of these shows when he is well enough.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Where do u catch this on TV?

• JBAR says:

Where do u catch this on TV?  (Quote)

I believe it is on Fox sports channel

• Guthookd says:

Where do u catch this on TV?  (Quote)

The subject of much debate.

It depends on where you are and what cable package you have. It is supposed to be on Fox Sports Net but there are other channels that pick it up. For example, in my area, Norther California, Comcast doesn’t have FSN but they still air BFC on CSNBA (channel 27).

The best way to find it is to use the “menu” or “channel line up” option on your cable remote and look ahead around the 8:00 PM time slot to see if it’s coming up on any of your channels. I tried every other method of locating it and couldn’t find it (tv guide.com, called comcast, etc). I was stoked when I thought I’d miss it and then there it was on a completely unrelated channel.

This week is going to be a good one. For a primer you could go watch Jeff Curran’s fight on Bellator.com….it’s free and it’s a great fight.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Have Directv. have every available English language channel. Did a 14 day search for Bellator and nada. I have close to 40 various regional sports channels and I get no hits.

Anyone that has Directv and sports pack channel block know where it might be?

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

NM It finally appeared. Not sure what difference 30 minutes makes but, whatever. Looking forward to checking it out