Matt Hamill vs. Keith Jardine headlines TUF 11 Finale

A light heavyweight showdown between a pair of UFC veterans and fellow TUF alumni in decisively different stages of their careers has been booked to headline the upcoming “The Ultimate Fighter: Team Liddell vs. Team Ortiz” Live Finale.

Spike TV recently announced that Matt “The Hammer” Hamill will be facing off with Keith “The Dean of Mean” Jardine in a bout that is sure to be viewed as a must win for one, and a chance at redemption for the other.

Jardine is currently riding a three fight losing skid while Hamill has put together a trio of consecutive victories in his last three outings… on paper.

Jardine has dropped a series of bouts to the likes of Quinton Jackson, Thiago Silva and Ryan Bader, while Hamill has notched names such as Andy Reese, Mark Munoz and Jon Jones under his belt in his last three; although the victory over Jones was seen as a defeat in most observers eyes due to the fact that “Bones” was disqualified for illegal downward elbow strikes after laying a one-sided beating on Hamill for the bulk of the contest.

The event is scheduled for June 19 from The Pearl at The Palms Casino and Resort in Las Vegas.

• JBAR says:

Should be a good fight. At least you don’t have to worry about either one of them pulling a Silva.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

If Jardine loses does Dana fire him? Hamill is a much better wrestler and I see him controlling Jardine for a UD.

• MCM says:

Good matchup. I’m really hoping for Jardine in this one. He’s one of my favorites but I can’t see him sticking around in the UFC if he looses this fight. He trains with some of the best wrestlers in the game so I don’t think Hamill with be able to take him down at will. If Keith can somehow take Hamill down, I can see him easily wining this fight since Matt has nothing off his back. But that’s a pretty big “If”.

• JBAR says:

You can never tell about Dana. Jardine always comes to fight and has been competitive. I think Dana likes that about him plus it is a good gauge of up and coming talent. Jardine has an unorthodox but good stand up game and I think his ground game is underrated. He seems tough to get down and keep down unless you have a very good ground game.

• Dufresne says:

As long as Hamill remembers that he’s the superior wrestler and not the superior striker he can win this. If he tries to stand and bang he better land a big shot early on Jardine’s chin, otherwise it could be a bad night for Hamill and his lead leg.

• manny says:

Hamill can stand with Jardine. His striking has improved, Leg kick that KO’d Munoz, while jardine has no chin. I still see this one as a UD for Hamill.

Mad Hatter xx – I agree if Jardine loses he should get cut just like everyone else. He’ll be better suited for SF b/c UFC’s LHW div is too good for him.

This is a good fight for these guys whom both need a “W”… should be a goodie.

• moosebaby02 says:

i like the match up. i like hamill in this one

• Pajamashark says:

I like the match up too. And I like both of these guys as fighters. Should be a really good fight, and I hope both get a chance to fight again. I’ll take Hamill too, Moose.

• ridman says:

if Jardine loses I wonder if a drop to 185 could be in his future?

• blue says:

I have absolutely zero interest in watching Hamill fight.

Am I alone or do others find him extremely exciting?

• fanoftna33 says:

I think it is deja-vu for Jardine as he just faced a slightly younger and better version of Hammil, hopefully this time it goes Keiths way. Both fighters are extreamly hot and cold, so we could be in for a very exciting back and forth war or a one sided beatdown. I cant wait.

• Angry Mike says:

Hamill’s striking may have improved sinceTUF, but that’s not saying much. Jardine’s problems have been with aggressive strikers, and that’s not Hamill. If Jardine can avoid the clinch and the takedowns, he can pick Hamill apart. A few of Jardine’s leg kicks will take the starch out of Hamill and his wrestling. Since his job may be on the line, I’ll give Jardine the edge.