Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer set for UFC 116

A heavyweight tussle between the likes of TUF 10 finalist Brendan Schaub and Brock Lesnar’ training partner Chris Tuchscherer has been set for UFC 116.

The hard hitting goliaths will collide on July 3 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Independence Day fireworks will be one day earlier this year.

The news of the match-up comes courtesy of a recent report on MMAJunkie.com.

After coming up short in his bid for the TUF 10 title via knockout at the hands of Roy “Big Country” Nelson, Schaub bounced back with a vengance, knocking Chase Gormley senseless en route to the first round TKO victory in the pair’s “UFC on Versus” meeting, while Tuchscherer will be looking to improve on a recent UFC 109 majority decision victory over Tim Hague after suffering a brutal TKO defeat to Gabriel Gonzaga in his UFC debut.

UFC 116 will be aired live on pay-per-view while featuring a main event between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin for the undisputed UFC heavyweight championship.

Both guys got something to prove… i like the match up.

• inkythewinky says:

chris tuchner wil be cut if he looses this one, i guarentee it

• fanoftna33 says:

I like Schuab here but Chris is a tough sob, if Brendan gets the W here I would like to see him face maybe the next level up in competition.

• Guthookd says:

Not all that significant, but a good opportunity for Tush to get his act back in line.

• retrofitting123 says:

gotta favor tursh here,the wrestling and weight will be a factor(brendan has no luck with chubby guys)

• JabCrossHook says:

Schaub a golden gloves champ that got knocked out by fat ass Roy Nelson. Golden gloves must be a joke right now.

• moosebaby02 says:

toss up. i like both of them. have to think about this one

• MCM says:

I hate Schaub like most people hate Dollaway. So I’ll be pulling for Chris in this one. These two could have met on TUF but Dana thought Tuchscherer was too good for the show so he gave him an instant contract. Hoping he puts Brendan away by GNP in the second.

• bigbadjohn says:

Chris had a bad break last time against Gonzaga, my prediction is Brendan wont cope well against the big wrestler

• Xspur says:

i’m sure these guys know that win or lose, whats gets them invited to stay in the UFC is putting on a hell of a fight.
    I like both guys and hope they deliver on what I see as potential for a great show

• mu_shin says:

I know I’m in the minority among most fans, but many recent MMA fights have been way too much like kickboxing matches for me. Schaub would likely demonstrate a striking advantage here, but Tuchsherer should be able to take Brendan down and keep him down with his wrestling ability. I know people want to see knockouts and “exciting” fights, but if I’m coaching Chris, I’m telling my guy go for the double, and pound him against the cage ’til it’s over…