“Strikeforce: Nashville” Live Results

This evening three separate Strikeforce championships will be on the line in “Music City” as Dan Henderson looks to derail Jake Shields for the middleweight crown, King Mo hopes to knock Gegard Mousasi from his light heavyweight throne, and the ultra-flexible DREAM champion Shinya Aoki will be gunning to remove Gilbert Melendez‘ lightweight belt from his waist, along with a limb from his body.

Naturally, FiveOuncesofPain.com will be here all evening to bring you all of the live results from the “Strikeforce: Nashville“, along with post-fight analysis.

Prelims kick off shortly after 6 pm ET (3 pm PT) and the live card starts at 9 pm ET (6 pm PT).

Enjoy the fights!

Cody Floyd def. Thomas Campbell via KO – Round 3

Dustin Ortiz def. Justin Pennington via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1

Zach Underwood def. Hunter Worsham via unanimous decision

Cale Yarbrough def. Josh Schockman via TKO – Round 2

Jason “Mayhem” Miller def. Tim Stout via TKO – Round 1

Andrew Uhrich def. Dustin West via submission (rear naked choke) – Round 1

Ovince St. Preaux def. Chris Hawk via TKO – Round 1

Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal def. Gegard Mousasi via unanimous decision (49-45, 49-45, 49-45)

Gilbert Melendez def. Shinya Aoki via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)

Jake Shields def. Dan Henderson via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-45, 48-45)

• hindsightufuk says:

i gotta wait til sunday morning and find somewhere to download this. fuck sakes

• inkythewinky says:

dude really? u dont have cbs? try going to cbs.com or an online stream site, i doubt they will shut down a stream on free tv…

• KTru says:

Hendo via 2nd Rd TKO
    Mousasi 2nd Rd Triangle Choke
    Melendez UD
    Miller 1st Rd RnC, yes we will get to see the fight!
    Underwood UD
    Yarbrough 1st Rd TKO

the others I have no clue

• Rich S. says:

Going to be there live.. This is my first time at an MMA event, can’t wait..

• MMApride19 says:

i gotta wait til sunday morning and find somewhere to download this. fuck sakes  (Quote)

Really loking forward to seeing Mousassi fight again, he is up against a tough fighter in King Mo, but King Mo is nowhere near the talent of Mousassi, i see Mousassi finishing King Mo in the second round. I believe he will be able to dictate the fight and finish him how he wants. He will outstrike him, and if King Mo were to use his wrestling and take Mousassi down, i see him getting submitted! But will be an awesome fight anyway.

I can honestly see the Shields vs Hendo fight being quite boring… but we will see ! Hopefully they dont disapoint.

• hindsightufuk says:

Im guessing your from uk… so am i, we have been able watch Strikeforce events on Bravo for the past two events now… We cant watch them live like we can UFC on ESPN, but they usually show on Bravo the day after, so Sunday, at 10pm..

yep thats it. i watched the Fedor?rogers fight on Bravo but i dont wanna wait til sunday night! hopefully by late morning someone will have uploaded it.
    Do you get Extreme Channel? they just started showing M1 & a weekly Cagewars show also

I’m gonna be rooting for Gegard like anything. been watching him for years around European shows, love that guy

• fetussandwich says:

Justin.tv should have somebody streaming it through, hindsight. Give the site a whirl right around the start of the event and I’m sure there will be somebody putting it up.

• Dufresne says:

As good as Mousasi is on his feet, his takedown defense has got to be the worst of any big name champ in the game right now. King Mo looks exhausted and he still manages to take down Mousasi with relative ease. And it doesn’t even look like King Mo is having to work that hard to get them.

• Lethal Liquid says:

I can name about 7 guys in the Ufc who would destroy Mousasi

• Lethal Liquid says:

In the light heavyweight division

• Dufresne says:

Question: Did anyone else think that EA’s MMA video game looked very cartoony?

• fetussandwich says:

King Mo is clearly all hype, but this fight doesn’t say much about Mousasi either. I’m right there with you Dufresne. I’m starting to think Mousasi is gassed too. Pretty miserable showing for both.

• Anoiselikethunder says:

Couldn’t agree more. Yeah both of these guys are gassed. Bones Jones would beat the crap out of either of these fools based on the way they fought tonight.

• Dufresne says:

The commentary is a little better than last time at least. The analysis sucks though. “Leg choke attempt!” WTF is a leg choke attempt? Do you mean triangle attempt?

• Lethal Liquid says:

Mousasi gonna be in desperation mode

• Dufresne says:

Good job Big John. Best in the business.

F-ing pathetic.

King Mo should win this by way of embarrassment.

That was the worst title defense I think I’ve ever seen.

• Anoiselikethunder says:

If Tito would have went to Strikeforce a few months back he would have been their light heavyweight champ.

• fetussandwich says:

That fight was disgusting. Mousasi’s mystique was defecated on by a guy grinding out a decision because his takedowns can’t be defended. It’s like Scott Coker said to himself “I liked what the UFC did with that Anderson Silva fight in Abu Dahbi. We can do that in Strikeforce.” Mousasi just lost a fan.

• Dufresne says:

Now Hendo should win his fight, jump up to LHW, and show Mo how a real wrestler does MMA. Then he can have his dual titles again.

• Dufresne says:

I retract my comment on improved commentary from earlier.

• fetussandwich says:

I retract my comment on improved commentary from earlier.

Haha. I think I was mid-read of your comment and then Gus Johnson spouted some retarded banality. They’re light years behind anything the UFC has produced in the past five years.

• fetussandwich says:

Arm bar? He was going for the fucking triangle Gus. Jesus…

• Anoiselikethunder says:

Yeah, the commentary is pretty bad. They should bring Bas in

• Dufresne says:

Melendez has a good game plan. Stay out of the guard of Aoki and make him pay every time he gets close.

• Anoiselikethunder says:

This is a much better fight.

• Dufresne says:

Too bad Aoki looks lost in there. He may be a feared grappler, but Melendez seems to have good defenses and enough striking to keep Aoki off his game.

• Dufresne says:

Too bad Mario is sucking as a ref this fight too. Pulling Melendez off of Aoki like that was a stupid move. He hadn’t done anything wrong. If Aoki wants to crab walk into a straight right, he’s allowed to do it as often as he pleases.

• Lethal Liquid says:

Dan Henderson needs to execute a finish to give this card some sizzle

• YetiLee says:

So did Aoki train with Anderson Silva or something? How else can you explain his joke of a performance tonight?

• Dufresne says:

That fight was better than the first title fight.

Kinda reminded me of Leites v Silva though. A guy with clearly better striking whose opponent keeps flopping on his back to a chorus of boos.

• moosebaby02 says:

Even though Mo is exhausted and looks sloppy as all get out, I have him leading 2 rounds to 1, mostly because Gegard refuses to stop Mo’s takedowns. I haven’t even seen him attempt a sprawl yet.Question: Did anyone else think that EA’s MMA video game looked very cartoony?  (Quote)

yeah but that punch when whoever was trying to get up or that flying arm bar that got blocked by throwing the guy down looked pretty good still.

Dan Henderson needs to execute a finish to give this card some sizzle

Sadly it seems like the undercard was where all the action was.

Come on Hendo!!! If you lose I have to eat a truck load of crow. I don’t like crow, I just had it after BJ lost.

• Anoiselikethunder says:

I’m sorry but Aoki # 2 in the world. Really?

• moosebaby02 says:

Dan Henderson needs to execute a finish to give this card some sizzle  (Quote)

AMEN

• moosebaby02 says:

oh yeah i forgot about the loser get a title fight Bret Rogers

• Dufresne says:

This could be interesting analysis with Frank Shamrock absolutely hating Shields. Wonder how many biased comments we’ll get?

• fetussandwich says:

Strikeforce’s pacing and production value is so off.

• Dufresne says:

Hendo found a spot for that right pretty early, good recovery by Shields though.

• Dufresne says:

Henderson is throwing sledge hammers!

• Dufresne says:

Here’s an idea Shields (and Mir if you’re listening), if you’re facing a power puncher with solid wrestling, move your head and stay out of their clinch. Dirty boxing hurts.

• fetussandwich says:

Hell of a fight after those first two…just what Strikeforce needed. Fucking awesome debut Hendo. I’m amazed this isn’t already over.

get him jake

• Dufresne says:

GnP without elbows is so weird to watch now.

• moosebaby02 says:

jake has now power in those punches

• Lethal Liquid says:

Wow Shields showed me something in Round 2

• fetussandwich says:

Jake was basically just slapping him.

• Dufresne says:

Good round for Shields. One mistake on the takedown defense by Hendo and he spent the rest of the round on his back eating hammer firsts.

1-1

• Dufresne says:

If Shields turns this into another leg-humping fest like he did with Miller I’m gonna vomit. I can’t stand to watch another 5 round title fight with minimal action.

• Dufresne says:

Henderson looks slow. Wonder if that weight cut took something out of him.

this is just weird 2-1 Jake

• moosebaby02 says:

does hendo have the cardio????????????????

• Dufresne says:

Well this is an awkward position…

• moosebaby02 says:

oh hear it comes…………Hendo is not in the best of shape and has had back problems for years now……wasnt this suppose to be over in the …………

• moosebaby02 says:

all of the sudden JAKE IS THE MAN…….why was he the1st one to come out??????? being the CHAMPION????

• Dufresne says:

Dana has got to be loving this.

• moosebaby02 says:

come out to the ring that is????

• moosebaby02 says:

at least Jake is throwing some GNP when he takes him down

• Anoiselikethunder says:

Dana has got to be loving this.

Ha ha ha. So true. Shields top game is looking amazing.

• Lethal Liquid says:

Somewhere Dana White is laughing at Dan Henderson

• fetussandwich says:

I fucking hate Jake Shields. Scratch that–loathe Jake Shields. Frank Shamrock hits the nail on the head and I could not agree more.

“Championship work by Jake Shields” – Gus Johnson

• Dufresne says:

I’d say this is an impressive performance by Shields, but for someone that’s had a full mount for almost 20 minutes, he hasn’t done any real damage.

BY BY JAKE
    the UFC doors are open

• Dufresne says:

Well, so far this month we’ve had 5 title fights, 5 rounds each, 5 decisions, and not a single one of them has been satisfying. Guess I’m erasing this crap off my DVR tonight.

• fetussandwich says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Dufresne says:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Miller brings the MAYHEM!!!!

Anyone else think this is eerily similar to the end of EliteXC?

• Anoiselikethunder says:

Dude…. That brawl at the end with mayhem miller was freaking hillarious !!!!

• YetiLee says:

I love you Mayhem!

• Dufresne says:

Speaking of Miller, I wonder if Henderson is gonna get a staph infection after the 5 round humping he just received.

• silkshot61 says:

That did not just fucking happen HAHAHA!!!! We’re on live television gentleman…

• Anoiselikethunder says:

Ha ha ha. And strikeforce may have just lost all credibility.

• moosebaby02 says:

and there you go. thanks Miller for FUCKING UP a great night for the UFC. sorry i mean Strikeforce (sarcasm)

• Vogairian says:

To be fair to Jake and King Mo, if elbows were allowed these fights would have been done in the 2nd or 3rd.

Also, I think this might have been the proverbial nail in the coffin for CBS and Strikeforce. Three fights all go to decision and for the avg. viewer all the fights were pretty boring.

Overall a win for the UFC and Jake Shields.
    BIG loss for Strikeforce, Japanese MMA and Dan Henderson.

Also what was Mayhem thinking jumping in on Shields. That’s just a bad idea with Nick Diaz and Gracie BJJ in the cage with him.

• Dufresne says:

Hahaha, Miller was fighting like 6 people! Classic!!!

• fetussandwich says:

That was, in complete honesty, the best part of the night for me.

• Lethal Liquid says:

Strikeforce fell on its face 2nite

yes i agree

I don’t think Miller was trying to start that brawl, it looked like he was just messing with Shields and asking for a rematch. They seemed to both be smiling until someone from Shields’ corner tried to stop it.  (Quote)

after watching it aging i agree but still……….i dont know…..you know the Diaz bros dont like you……then why….fuck i dont know….i been drinking and that was funny shit. good luck SF

• inkythewinky says:

im so disapointed in gegard

• yhknq says:

The biggest winner of the night
    The UFC
    CBS and their amateur handling of the second rate strikefarce

yes i agree

Hell, I haven’t been drinking and that was funny shit.

And fight of the night goes to…… Miller v Party of 8!!!!

• moosebaby02 says:

im so disapointed in gegard  (Quote)

ME 2

• moosebaby02 says:

how does it go??? good not great but good wrestling can take out any all around fighter…or some thing like that??

• twyg says:

So all the aoki nuthuggers can shut up. Now what is the over/under on the amount of days before Jake signs with the UFC? Gilbert also looked good and should get some long over due respect. Mo would get killed by any top 5 LHW in the UFC. Overall this was a better night for Dana then last week.

• Vogairian says:

The biggest winner of the night
    The UFC
    CBS and their amateur handling of the second rate strikefarce

I think that poor production was pretty much 100% on Strikeforce, I’m sure CBS is as disappointed as you are.

• yhknq says:

now thinking about it a little more
    i dont think anyone wins after a scene like that
    its a huge black eye for a sport still growing
    whom is seeking to become mainstream
    this will turn off a lot of people
    could be a huge setback
    doubt cbs will do an event again

• damonkolt says:

• moosebaby02 says:

I don’t understand why CBS cut away. You just had three pretty boring fights where 2 of your best and well known fighters were dominated and you cut away from the most exciting part of the night. Strikeforce is second rate but this could have drawn in the ‘average fan’ like they keep talking about getting. CBS and Strikeforce can’t be above press like this if they want to survive longer than Elite or Afflicition.  (Quote)

Yeah!!!
    Why ealse did they go to the above camra view when it was happening. if they hated it so much why not cut out of it as soon as it happened?

• yhknq says:

the only thing left to do is
    for Dana to sign Jake and bury strikefarce

• moosebaby02 says:

at least Jake took it on HIS SHOULDERS for being the man to blame for doing an interview that he wasnt suppose to do……you know….in the WINNERS part of the portion

• Vogairian says:

now thinking about it a little more
    i dont think anyone wins after a scene like that
    its a huge black eye for a sport still growing
    whomis seeking to become mainstream
    this will turn off a lot of people
    could be a huge setback
    doubt cbs will do an event again

• Lethal Liquid says:

Bader would be Strikeforce champ
    Hell Matt Hamill would be champ
    I can keep naming them Phil Davis would be champ

• moosebaby02 says:

I wouldn’t get too worried about it giving MMA a blackeye. This kind of stuff happens in boxing alllll the time and of all the things that have hurt boxing’s credibility, I don’t think that’s in the top 5.  (Quote)

good point but MMA is the new up and coming thing, Did you not watch the NCIS LA before the show??? I seen it a few weeks back and was wondering how CBS was going to point the espisode that involed MMA with thier SF Debut???? they put the same esposode again right before the show and look how the night ended?? not good for CBS

• Vogairian says:

good point but MMA is the new up and coming thing, Did you not watch the NCIS LA before the show??? I seen it a few weeks back and was wondering how CBS was going to point the espisode that involed MMA with thier SF Debut???? they put the same esposode againright before the show and look how the night ended?? not good for CBS

I didn’t watch. I’m not a NCIS fan.

• moosebaby02 says:

I didn’t watch. I’m not a NCIS fan.  (Quote)

lets put it this way…..it didnt make ex naval officers who do MMA look like the 2nd coming of Christ. Yeah its not a bad show to watch when you wife makes you watch.

by the way Congrats to Jake Shields on is title defenses and doing something that I thought he couldnt do.
    I guess the “Prince Of Darkness” had a reason for letting Hendo go

• twyg says:

• damonkolt says:

The only thing keeping this promotion from going the way of all the rest is Fedor, and you know he knows it. They will be gone soon enough annd Dana will be one step closer to world domination. Also how bad does japanese mma look? The biggest up and comer they had just got beat by a guy not even in the top five of his wieght class (before the fight).  (Quote)

That should read WAS Fedor. M-1 is such a joke.

SF/ CBS execs must be disapointed… Gegard & aoki probably would have been better off staying home, shields just beat your precious new legendary aquisition ( DW was thrilled last night) and the production was still sub par for network TV… I’m not hating just stating the obvious

Oh and I forgot the maddness that mayhem started and Jake & Co participated in… SF is a sinking ship my friends

• Dufresne says:

I would normally agree with you there, but Fedor has been in several MMA promotions in the last few years that have gone belly up. Add to that the fact that he’s evidently had a few contract issues as well and I don’t know how willing he’d be to stick his neck out for another promotion that seems to have gotten too big, too fast, without enough overall talent.

• fanoftna33 says:

During the Melendez Aoki fight I found myself thinking how good Melendez was doing but what if they were to fight over in Japan? A lot of the stuff Gilbert was doing, especially when in Aoki’s guard would likely get him a good swift kick in the face in Japan. I would sure like to see a rematch take place over in Dream and see how Gilbert changes up his game plan to beat Aoki or if Aoki could take it.