Liddell vs. Franklin confirmed for UFC:115

In news that comes as no surprise to FiveOuncesofPain.com readers, the UFC has confirmed that  Chuck Liddell  will face off with Rich Franklin as the main event of UFC:115 .   The bout which wasreported by FiveOuncesofPain.com  on March 13,  has been the subject of much speculation by some, and flat denials by others.

I guess the only question left to be answered is “What happened to Tito?”

UFC 115 will take place in the City of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada at General Motors Place on Saturday, June 12.

The confirmed fight card thus far includes.

MAIN CARD

• Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
  • Patrick Barry vs. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic
  • Paulo Thiago vs. Martin Kampmann
  • Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
  • Evan Dunham vs. Tyson Griffin

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
  • Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
  • Peter Sobotta vs. James Wilks
  • Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick
  • Jesse Lennox vs. Mike Pyle
  • inkythewinky says:

my question is why was dana being a liar about it

• inkythewinky says:

and isnt alves v fitch on this one?

• Lethal Liquid says:

Wow Dana White once again blowing smoke up our ass. Finally its confirmed what we all knew to be the case. If bullshit were bricks Dana would’ve built a city by now as a testament to his willingness and ability to mislead the masses. That being said this is one hell of a matchup. Although the rest of the card is pretty weak

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

About time

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Actually, I am looking forward to the Dunham/ Tyson and P. Thiago/Kampmann fights-But yes, this could easily be the free for the fans make up card that our gracious middleweight champion should be providing us

• roxtar says:

White and Zuffa worked for over a year to get the City of Van to approve MMA which was great. Now after all that hard work, what do we get for headliners? The Seniors tour..Mirko, Chuck, Rich, Gilbert et al and no title fights. This line up is so low on the Contenders’ Totem Pole that the winners at UFC 115 still won’t come close to a title opportunity.
    Hey, just because the sun sets in the West doesn’t mean you need to send your fighters out to pasture
    here.
    Sometimes it appears White and Co. are filling PPV’s just to finish out contracts…see: Kampmann.

• Dufresne says:

I don’t understand why people are hating on Dana for this. Yeah he denied the rumors, but that’s part of the TUF contract, nothing that happens during the season is let out before the episode that it’s supposed to air. The same thing happened with Kimbo. Everyone thought he’d fight late or possibly get to the second round because of “rumors” and that didn’t happen either. He was just playing the game and basically said so in a press conference several weeks ago.

• inkythewinky says:

if its part of the contract why did he release it now? tuf is still going

• Dufresne says:

if its part of the contract why did he release it now? tuf is still going

I wouldn’t be shocked if this is the big “surprise” they’ve been hyping for this week’s episode. It’s a bit early, but it could be a ploy to build this episode up even more.

• David Andrest says:

I don’t understand why people are hating on Dana for this. Yeah he denied the rumors, but that’s part of the TUF contract, nothing that happens during the season is let out before the episode that it’s supposed to air. The same thing happened with Kimbo. Everyone thought he’d fight late or possibly get to the second round because of “rumors” and that didn’t happen either.He was just playing the game and basically said so in a press conference several weeks ago.

Actually, he , Chuck, and Tito simply could have said nothing.

Expect an elaborate story as to why this matchup came about…………………….and how it REALLY wasn’t going to happen when he denied it.

• Guthookd says:

I dont’ knwo what you guys are talking about. This card a great.

You got Chuck and Franklin….obviously interesting. Two ex-champs, both known for great standup skills. Will Franklin bang with Chuck or will he try to get him on his back?

Barry and Cop……can’t wait to see how Barry handles him or if Cop maybe gets his shit together for a change. Barry has been doing very well recently. Cop desperately needs a win. This one should be a struggle. You know they’re going to bang for sure.

Thiago and Kampman…..that is going to be a great fight. Thiago is a future contender IMO and Kampman has proven him self to be a great and exciting fighter. I’m totally excited for this fight.

Always fun to see how Condit’s career is running, and Tyson is sure to show us a well rounded game.

Love to see Danzig saying bye bye after this one, so I find that fight interesting too.

Following Rothwell’s progress is no kick in the balls either, especially with a test like Yvel in front of him. Another fight likely to end in KO with contract/career implications at stake.

Sounds like a great night of fights to me.

• Guthookd says:

I dont’ knwo what you guys are talking about. This card a great….(Quote)

OK, what the hell is wrong with my keyboard.

• Planterz says:

I guess the only question left to be answered is “What happened to Tito?”

What about “Who’s Randy fighting next instead?”

• Dufresne says:

Actually, he , Chuck, and Titosimply could have said nothing.

Yeah, Tito and his damn fables. Wish Chuck would get to shut him up one more time, even if it would only last a few minutes.

• Hume says:

Funny that Chuck hinted at this from day one of TUF: “yeah, that is if Tito even fights me. I dont think he’ll show” (or something along these lines).

• xtreme_machine says:

Friend vs friend

Tyson vs dunham

both xtreme couture training partners

• fuseven says:

Is this really a Pay Per View card?

Griffin v Dunham and Thiago v Kampman are great matchups with young firepower…but other than that, pretty awful imo

• Niv says:

It’s a decent card and in my hometown for the 1st time so I’ll be there. I am slightly disappointed as the headliner features a couple of mma rock stars but neither fighter really matters today, I was hoping for a main event that could at least have title ramifications.

Either way it’ll be fun and I’m sure I won’t be too pissed unless it becomes a taunting exhibition.

• twyg says:

The main event for this card leaves a lot to be desired. They better put a real main event on this card like oh I don’t know lesnar/carwin or I won’t be paying for this. I would even except cain/toney.

• danw84 says:

Do you honestly think they’d have Lesnar vs Carwin anywhere other than Vegas?

• Makington says:

Very clever staff. I followed the very first link in the first sentence and quickly found out why you fellas put the link in the article when you guys almost never do. With a quick look at the comments on it, it seemed like you guys were taking a lot of hate in quite a few comments (one very vicious one) about being bullshit reporters and it being totally fake, and you guys being chumps for believing it.

This article is like a collective ‘fuck you kind readers’ for ever doubting you almighty reporters 😉

I will never doubt you guys again lol, and very good call getting this early.

I’m very curious to find out the whole story come Wednesday, or the coming days.

• twyg says:

dawn84 you are right in saying that fight will only happen in Vegas (if they could pull off MSG they would). I really don’t see this as being worth $45 though. Just to prove my point, everyone was bitching about WEC charging full price for that PPV and there is no way anyone can tell me this UFC card is better then the WEC card. This should be free on Spike but I doubt that will happen. Maybe they can get Silva to defend again seeing as how he really didn’t do anything on saturday, and I would still hesitate on buying it. Throw Cain/Toney and a Silva title defense on this then I will pay, but now I am just dreaming. I would get rid of the Cro Cop fight and bust the Condit fight down to the prelims to make room on the main card in case anyone was wondering where you could fit those hypothetical fights.

• danw84 says:

Yeah MSG would make sense, but otherwise they can probably make the most money as a Vegas event. People will fly there from all over to see Lesnar fight, they could get more money for their good seats, all that good stuff.

I really don’t see the CroCop fight as being anything better than a 4th or 5th fight on a card. 2nd? There should really be something more relevant on here.

I’m in Vancouver and will be going to this of course and can’t wait to see Chuck vs Rich though.

• hindsightufuk says:

i like this card, this has a bunch of up and comers still needing to prove themselves, and in recent UFC memery, that makes for a good night of fighting
    guarentee it will be better than last saturday

Cant wait to see

Actually, I am looking forward to the Dunham/ Tyson and P. Thiago/Kampmann fights  (Quote)

yep really looking forward to those two

I think this is a good card-
    the Liddell / Franklin match up is alot better than seeing Tito vs chuck-no?
    Once the pitbull gets med clearance he’ll be on the card vs fitch
    you got a pretty solid preliminary and main card here I dont understand the whining…

• sexy-yama says:

isn’t this cro cops last fight on his contract hope he wins in good fashion and continues fighting in U.S

• mark says:

Liddell fight will be a sleeper, he was good on his prime. I can predict a knock out by Franklin either.

Definitely a Spike free show, no big main card here.

Great forum

• king mah mah says:

Looking forward to just about every fight on this card.

How can anyone say that they won’t pay for this event? After paying to watch Anderson “shit for brains” Silva, I would pay for just about anything else just to try and forget that fight ever happened.

• king mah mah says:

Liddell vs. Franklin is a fight a lot of fans have been wanting for a long time. This card will sell just fine.

Cro Cop, Kampmann, and Tyson Griffin all fighting on the main card?! Awesome! I love it! Can’t wait to order this one!

It will definitely be better than 112 all the way around. Not that 112 didn’t have some good fights, but we’ll see more fights on this card because you won’t have two long drawn out 5 round championship fights.

• manny says:

Don’t really care about this card, seems weak. I predict the lowest ppv buys for it.

• danw84 says:

Well it sold out in 30 minutes, I didn’t get tickets… Lame.

• MickeyC says:

i will admit this card does look week, but that’s because the main event has no drama or climax. their is no big prise at the end. reguardless of who wins it has no effect on the soap opra side of fighting. neither man will be in line for a title shot if they were to win. and i do not think there is bad blood between them. if anything it could be an unoffesial loser gets forced to retire fight. i am a real fan, i will be watching. the undercards look decent, & i feel chuck & rich will bang. but i would not mind one more solid match up before the main event. & who knows maybe do to the show they will be some tention between the coaches, for the casual fan.

• brooks1611 says:

Well it sold out in 30 minutes, I didn’t get tickets… Lame.  (Quote)

• brooks1611 says:

just to let you know it hasnt sold you ticket master has single tickets avaliable. I got my tix and cant wait to see this live!  (Quote)

sold out***

• moosebaby02 says:

I like it. Why not my football team has a buy that weekend anyways. Some times you dont need drama to watch two guys stand and bang. I like the match ups. Whis i could make that one. Love Vancouver

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Oh hell-I guess I have to say it-This whole card should be shown on Spike for free