UFC 112 Live Results

UFC 112: Invincible” is taking placing today from Concert Arena on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, and FiveOuncesofPain.com will be right here to make sure you are kept up to date on all of the latest live results.

Anderson Silva will be looking to catch Demian Maia in his spider web during a middleweight title defense slated as the main event of the evening; B.J. Penn will also be looking to defend his crown against Frankie Edgar; and legends collide as former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes faces off with Renzo Gracie.

Live results for UFC 112 are below:

Jon Madsen def. Mostapha Al Turk via unanimous decision

Paul Kelly def. Matt Veach via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2

DaMarques Johnson def. Brad Blackburn via TKO (strikes) – Round 3

Ricky Story def. Nick Osipczak via split decision

Phil Davis def. Alexander Gustafsson via submission (anaconda choke) – Round 1

Mark Munoz def. Kendall Grove via TKO – Round 3

Rafael dos Anjos def. Terry Etim via submission (armbar) – Round 2

Matt Hughes def. Renzo Gracie via TKO – Round 3

Frankie Edgar def. B.J. Penn to become the new UFC lightweight champion via unanimous decision

Anderson Silva def. Demian Maia via unanimous decision – (No Score Announced)

• MMABC15 says:

Well it really dosnt surprise me that Madsen won via decision.
    I thought Veach would rebound after his loss to Edgar but i guess not…
    I hope they find time to put Story vs Osipczak on the TV broadcast, doubt it but I bet it was a highly contested fight.

Cant wait! Live broadcast in 20 minutes!!!

• Lethal Liquid says:

I think Frankie only path to victory is to make this a purely boxing match. Forget takedowns stand and trade stick and move

• Dufresne says:

Kendal looked good the first round.

• Dufresne says:

And Munoz has some wicked ground and pound. Looked like almost all of those big, looping shots landed. That was impressive.

• Makington says:

So I went on here to make my picks and accidently found out all of the prelims. Forgot about the god damn time delay ha. My picks would have been relatively on so I’m only going to do them for the main event.

Munoz via decision: I expect the only real test Munoz will be taking will be i his sub defense. He will have absolutely no problem getting Kendall down and keeping him there, but with those long skinny limbs it is much easier for Kendall to surprise people and catch them. Just like Nate Diaz. When you have a huge muscular arm trying to get under your neck it is a harder fit but slender arms and legs can squeeze in much easier and are harder to get off. But all in all I think Mark will be too active on top and Grove won’t find the sub that he will be trying for the whole fight.

Rafeal Dos Anjos decision: I have a feeling this will be FotN. Both guys are wildly talented and are comfortable enough in every area that we’ll be seeing some crisp strikes, slick ground moves, and everything in between. I would have picked Etim a little while ago but after seeing Dos Anjos absolutely dismantle Emerson on the feet with technique over power and some of the most gruesome leg kicks in a while I won’t bet against him this time.

Hughes TKO r1: I have a feeling that Hughes v Gracie goes down the exact same, no matter which Gracie it is. Renzo definitely has the technique jiu jitsu-wise, but I don’t think he has the technique wrestling-wise or power-wise to stop Matt from imposing his will all over Renzo’s face. I think Matt will be winning a sloppy stand up fight for a minute or two, then he will take him down and pound him out.

Penn TKO r4: I think it will be an exciting as hell first round before Penn starts to really run away with it. I really don’t see one advantage for Edgar, which I attribute more to the motivated beastly BJ then any disrespect towards Edgar.

Silva KO r2: I personally believe Maia has a better chance than Edgar because he really can end a fight in seconds if Anderson loses focus for even the slimmest of moments whereas Frankie can’t end a fight so suddenly, even if he somehow rocks Penn or gets him in a tight submission. Even still though, I think it will be a very cautious fight with neither fighter wanting to make the first mistake before Silva overwhelms him ad puts him out in round numba 2.

ps. Where is Paul Taylor’s fight? I was excited as hell for that one, even though I basically knew it wouldn’t be on the broadcast.

• qat says:

nice fight, will be a fotn-candidate!

• Makington says:

I have to become a hermit for the rest of the day now too! I’m not watching these until 10 with some buddies from work so I hope I don’t walk by a computer at some point with a huge headline, ‘EDGAR AND MAIA SHOCK THE WORLD’ or something.

• Lethal Liquid says:

Whenever I see Dos Anjos I keep being reminded of that Jeremy Stephens uppercut from hell

• Dufresne says:

And I love this crowd. They cheer at just the right times and they obviously appreciate both the standup and the grappling parts of the sport. Nice to hear applause on the ground instead of uneducated boos.

• Dufresne says:

Man these submissions are beautiful today!

• Niv says:

Did they just say that Anderson Silva was considering moving DOWN in weight class? When did this discussion happen?  (Quote)

Anderson Silva said recently that he’s considered moving to HW and test himself, and that he’s even considered going to 170 to see how he fares as a lighter fighter. Bottom line is he just wants to fight anywhere he can get a challenge, fair enough.

• Dufresne says:

Man, Gracie is done. Never seen a fighter ask for his opponent to help him up.

• Dufresne says:

That’s the Hughes I used to know and love!

• qat says:

Man, Gracie is done. Never seen a fighter ask for his opponent to help him up.

guess that was more a joke, i liked it. but he was battered today, hughes however fought pretty timid as well..

• Lethal Liquid says:

I hate Matt Hughes but, that was a systematic ass-whuppin he laid on Renzo. The Gracies seem to be on a mission to undo their legacy in recent bouts

• Dufresne says:

Never thought I’d say BJ is much bigger than an opponent, but he is significantly larger than Edgar. Looks like Edgar got BJ at least once, that’s more damage than Diego gave out.

• Dufresne says:

BJ got taken down! First time in years! Never saw that coming.

• Dufresne says:

So far I have the first round as BJ, second was closer, but still BJ, 3rd might be Edgar, and so far it’s looking like round 4 might be Edgar as well.

• Dufresne says:

This fight is way too close, it’s entirely possible that Vegas is about to shit it’s pants.

• qat says:

wow, just wow.

• Dufresne says:

Inkythewinky, you called it. Edgar via decision.

• Lethal Liquid says:

Oh shit!!! Frankie followed the gameplan with a nice mix

• Dufresne says:

Now I’m wondering if this is gonna cause a BJ meltdown or if he’s gonna come back as a rabid monster and steam roll everyone.

BJ looked pretty decent in the first round, but after that he just didn’t seem to be in it for some reason. I don’t know if it’s because Edgar was making it that difficult on him or if there was something else going on.

• Rich S. says:

Awesome.
    Nothing against BJ, but it’s really, really, really, really, really nice to see a new champion.. And I don’t know if I’d want it to be any other than Edgar, he’s just a cool guy and he deserves it..

Assuming BJ goes straight to WW, we now have a load of potential 5 round wars..

Edgar/Maynard rematch, Edgar/Griffin rematch (sheesh, imagine that as a 5 rounder), Edgar/Florian.. Things are looking up for this division..

Frankie is one of 2 lightweights that can say they’ve beaten the greatest lightweight to ever live, BJ Penn.. That’s gotta feel good..

• Dufresne says:

Man Silva is just toying with him.

• Dufresne says:

1900 style boxing! lol, this is just sick!

• qat says:

silva is a not a jedi, he is a sith! he is THE SITH

• qat says:

hahahaha the forrest run

• Dufresne says:

And now we see some Capoeira.

• Dufresne says:

LMAO at hiding behind the ref!

• Dufresne says:

Anderson just got caught a few times, I can’t believe Maia can even see at this point.

• qat says:

silva is a not a jedi, he is a sith! he is THE SITH

hmm, i have to quote myself to say: he probably has some very very evil sith-plan going on. nothing else could explain this…
    sucker

• Dufresne says:

That was the worst performance of Anderson Silva’s career. At least against Leites he was trying to engage and Leites was flopping, but this time Maia is pressing forward and Anderson is dancing around. He may hate being booed, but he deserves it after that fight. That was atrocious.

• twyg says:

First wow congrats Frank Edgar. BJ has become too enamored with his boxing, and didn’t listen to his corner coming out for the fourth telling him to take the fight to the ground. Question now is does he move up or try to make this right. As for Silva, I would have liked to hear how the judges scored that fight. The first two rounds are his, round four goes to Maia because Silva did nothing, and a case could be made to give Maia the last round. Where you come down on round three is the fight. He wants to be considered the best p4p he needs to finish. How much of a snooze fest will a GSP/Silva fight be. I mean I will watch it, but these guys don’t finish anymore. Wonder if being outdoors had anything to do with the fights?

• MickeyC says:

what i say? bj looked like he wanted to cry! i love it gives the weight class a little sizzle again!

So much for no upsets